Full +10 Knowledge Sorc?

Arhangelos

Does anyone think it is wise to have a full +10 knowledge armor set and weapon for pvp?

After they changed the diminishing way the stats work, it is not that bad to be full on something that is so beneficial to a class (like a mage type with knowledge).

I mean knowledge gives m.boost, crit spell and m. suppression, what's not to like about it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you had the chance to put all +10 stones and the below number of manastones

Armor manastones = 5x6 = 30 slots
Weapon manastones = 2x 6 = 12
Total = 42 mana slots

What would you socket for pvp or pve in general (I know you will say that you would have like 5 different sets, but lets keep it simple)

(the three additional mana slots you can get by a +10 bracelet cannot get you archdaeva manastones right? Correct me if I am wrong)
What would you put in those three bracelet mana slots?

If this was PvE, it wouldn't be a bad choice because an incredible amount of crit spell is needed for PvE. (at least 1k for Bastion of Souls) For PvP some magical accuracy is needed to land certain debuffs onto your enemies and against MR clerics you wouldn't be doing much else even with MA buffs

I currently run a mix of knowl and precis stones, but on an SM who can take advantage of the MA to land more debuffs offsetting the slightly lower boost in pvp, receiving some of the lower mb back from gear enchants/accessories. and how much magic boost are you looking for in pve? unless gearcalc is off by miles instead of yards, mythic ac gear with just knowledge +6, AOE orb/mythic ac orb fused and just clarion acc, non pure +10 plume is about 4800..

For physical classes, it's actually easier mixing precision/health stones, 

6 hours ago, Arxaggelos-SL said:

Does anyone think it is wise to have a full +10 knowledge armor set and weapon for pvp?

After they changed the diminishing way the stats work, it is not that bad to be full on something that is so beneficial to a class (like a mage type with knowledge).

I mean knowledge gives m.boost, crit spell and m. suppression, what's not to like about it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you had the chance to put all +10 stones and the below number of manastones

Armor manastones = 5x6 = 30 slots
Weapon manastones = 2x 6 = 12
Total = 42 mana slots

What would you socket for pvp or pve in general (I know you will say that you would have like 5 different sets, but lets keep it simple)

(the three additional mana slots you can get by a +10 bracelet cannot get you archdaeva manastones right? Correct me if I am wrong)
What would you put in those three bracelet mana slots?

For PVP: You don't "need" 5 different sets but you do need to have at least one set with enough MA which you won't achieve with just socketing knowledge. You could work the numbers also figuring in a MA plume as well as the bracelet socketed appropriately with MA, but I think you'd still have to take out some knowledge stones.

Depending upon the number of sets, you might also want that full knowledge and a partiial set socketed with MA or composites that you could swap out. You could also look at precision.

Hello.In theory what you're thinking about might work,however if you had heard of diminishing returns before,you would have changed your mind.It's a fact that there is a set cap for every stat and going beyond that cap does not increase that specific stat. Diminishing returns spreadsheet is just an example and it's quite useful tool to calculate how much of any stat is good to have,until you actually start wasting more money and not gaining any of the specific stat you want to increase.You might have noticed it already,that this sheet was made for version 5.0,but it's just to point out the reason why you shouldn't socket all knowledge,unless it's +4 and below of course.The difference between 5.0 and the current version is mainly that all of the new stats give you a bit more than what they've used to,but the diminishing returns are still in charge of the new system.

• 3 weeks later...

depends on what you want and for what.

a) If you want to increase you crit spell past any reasonable level. by all means go for it. reasonable is base spell crit cap 500 + crit spell resist of your target

1. PvE: if you can run bastion of souls around 1000 crit spell buffed, else around 870
  2. PvP: that's a bit tricky. On the one hand you want to negate the natural crit spell resist (around 3XX for most) and on the other hand you want to get as much magic boost as possible, seeing that you need a lot to just overcome basic pvp gear magic suppression and on top of that the magic suppression gears that are around + 3200 of the base magic boost cap

b) If you want to maximize MB then you don't wanna increase knowledge past ~390. After that point it's more efficient to socket magic boost 28. or if you are rich - and can use mb29 - even a bit earlier. However, if you want to increase your crit spell see above

1. MB cap for bastion of souls = 6000mb (5998 for ppl who want it very accurately)
  2. MB you want for pvp minimum = 5500mb

Depends on what you want and for what. Keep in mind that diminishing return is still in effect, they just increased the base return a little bit

a) If you want to increase you crit spell past any reasonable level. by all means go for it. reasonable is base spell crit cap 500 + crit spell resist of your target

1. PvE: if you can run bastion of souls around 1000 crit spell buffed, else around 870
  2. PvP: that's a bit tricky. On the one hand you want to negate the natural crit spell resist (around 3XX for most) and on the other hand you want to get as much magic boost as possible, seeing that you need a lot to just overcome basic pvp gear magic suppression and on top of that the magic suppression gears that are around + 3200 of the base magic boost cap

b) If you want to maximize MB then you don't wanna increase knowledge past ~390. After that point it's more efficient to socket magic boost 28. or if you are rich - and can use mb29 - even a bit earlier. However, if you want to increase your crit spell see above

1. MB cap for Bastion of Souls = 6000MB (5998 for ppl who want it very accurately)
  2. MB you want for PvP minimum = 5500mb

c) If you hit MB and crit spell cap for PvE go for HP.

d) Bracelets can't get socketed with AD stones, but you can use ancient ones

sry for doublepost, it owuldnt let me edit the other one for some reason

• 5 months later...

Archived