Merge

Adla

The new survey shows this is a possibility now, if not a probability. I truly hope this goes through, I think we all know there isn't a lot left to do to bring this population up, and even in the event it becomes so full a new server needs to be made, we know how that will inevitably go.

And so, it's fairly clear the direction we're headed. Here's hoping a single server is enough to carry us through until at least 2.0.

Hello, I just joined IS server (and paid for 90 days..) After talking to asmos in /3 last night I learned that the server isn't busy --but I got the distinct impression that many people were not playing  because they (Like myself.) want to do fortress sieges and they are currently broken becasue the HP of Dux (I think?) was set way to high so no one bothers to do them.

IDEA: LOWER DUX HP!

I think the devs need to make it easyier for us to do the group content we all came here for - now maybe a merger is in the cards but it makes sense to make fortress easier for us all - and then if that doesnt work to try a merger.

IF we merge down to 1 server - we are all stuck with one faction only and that will hurt the game and must be a last resort imo.

On 11/10/2021 at 1:39 PM, Adla said:

The new survey shows this is a possibility now, if not a probability. I truly hope this goes through, I think we all know there isn't a lot left to do to bring this population up, and even in the event it becomes so full a new server needs to be made, we know how that will inevitably go.

And so, it's fairly clear the direction we're headed. Here's hoping a single server is enough to carry us through until at least 2.0.

they are taking the same direction they did retail, so the end result will be the same. Population is already gone, I checked multiple times over the past couple of days and there is an average of 34 people logged in to morhiem with spikes  into low 50's. Bel is roughly 50 to 70. Ishlagen is the tell tale sign with 8 t 0 10 people and most of them are bots. If you dont have a player base in the lower level the higher level will die out.

NCSoft doesnt understand how versatile Aion is and try to force everyone into the same style, causing the different play styles to leave.  They give away to much free stuff and messed up the economy, messing up the game for crafters. The removed the value of white drops and made them non tradable ending the fun for grinders,  Reduced the AP for PVP and havnt implemented the AP instances yet, The average player can not get pvp gear anymore so no way for new people to compete or catch up. 

They forced out the crafters, Rifters, Questers, Grinders,  PVP'ers, and only left the people for fast rush to end game pve.  Same thing NCSoft did with retail with the same results. The first time around they call that ignorance (they didnt know), this time around it is called stupidity, NCSoft was just plain stupid or they intentionally destroyed the game in record time. 

On 11/10/2021 at 5:16 PM, Meatloaf said:

Hello, I just joined IS server (and paid for 90 days..) After talking to asmos in /3 last night I learned that the server isn't busy --but I got the distinct impression that many people were not playing  because they (Like myself.) want to do fortress sieges and they are currently broken becasue the HP of Dux (I think?) was set way to high so no one bothers to do them.

IDEA: LOWER DUX HP!

I think the devs need to make it easyier for us to do the group content we all came here for - now maybe a merger is in the cards but it makes sense to make fortress easier for us all - and then if that doesnt work to try a merger.

IF we merge down to 1 server - we are all stuck with one faction only and that will hurt the game and must be a last resort imo.

I think they waited to long, even with a server merge I doubt it will be enough. NCSoft has proven itself not to be smart enough t handle a game like Aion.  They should really give it to another company that knows what they are doing with MMO's. It is a great game if they set it back to the original classic. Upgrade on graphics is fine and even UI, but messing up the game play  and losing player base is just utter stupidity when you do the same thing twice expecting different results. 

Archived