Dredgion PvP & Possible Marketing tactics to revive Aion Classic

Mijuzdetia

Evening everyone,

As you all may have probably noticed the game  has lost a lot of its playerbase for several reasons which I’m not going to list here since this post is about Dredgion pvp. Reason I am bringing it up is because it would be a great marketing plan to revive the game.

Let’s talk group pvp in dredgion and current setups.

As you are all well aware classic doesn’t come without its inherent flaws, inconsistencies, bugs, class imbalance, etc. 

Currently a meta based group of 2 gladiators, 1 sm, cleric & chanter or

3 gladiators 2 clerics 1 chanter, are essentially unbeatable group sets in dredgion. These group setups hold unique advantages over others and of course gear is a factor. To attract players NCSoft should consider the following rules  in Dredgion

1.) You may not form a group consisting of multiple class duplicates. Meaning, if you have a gladiator, you cannot take a second, or a third, or 4 th etc, same with any other class.

2.) Every individual that joins a dredgion instance, their stats should be equalized, similar to the Shugo Tomb instance, where only skill is relevant, and  not how geared you are. ( PVP gear has its uses in open world pvp anyway) - This would attract players to a fair instanced pvp/pve where both sides have to strive for tactics, strategy etc to win the match.

3.) Spiritmaster’s fearshriek duration in pvp should be reduced. Currently it lasts 12 seconds. This timer is way too long as NCSoft themselves acknowledged in later patches and reduced the timer of fear in pvp.  It should last 6 seconds at most  in pvp. 

4.)  optimizations to the dredgion instance are necessary as there are several instances where  if a gladiator knocks you down, or a templar pulls you through a corner, you can fall through the map, or become bugged in which case for the opponent you will appear to be teleporting around . This is a glitch that occurs from a gladiator’s knockdown.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 4:58 PM, Tron said:

1. You don't get to tell me who to group with neither does NCsoft.   2. Why should I be punished for putting extra work into my character?  3. No 4. No

No, they wouldnt be telling you who to group with, did you even read what I wrote?  You just cannot duplicate classes in the run.  And pvp stats should be equalized in dredgion only, not outside of the dredgion in open  world pvp.  This is to give every single player a chance to win in dredgion whether they started recently or are old players, and incentivize the instance to be solely based on skills/ rotation and ability, not get carried by meta groups and gear.  You just sound salty, by saying, well that shouldn't be the case, I should win all dredges, because in the long run, this kills the game, as new folk cannot get up to speed with gear, and end up quitting, giving you a population of roughly 100 people or less to play with, making the game inherently dead.  All mmorpgs, have systems like these in place, to protect the individual player and give everyone a fair chance at winning in order to modulate pvp and also, to allow a standard timer growth curve for everyone.  Simply saying, No I don't want that is just being selfish and being a fat p2win whale, that thinks that everything in this game belongs to you, because you've either payed your way to win, or botted or whatnot. 

On 11/12/2021 at 5:55 PM, Arhangelos said:

5.) people can match their game to always win vs their alts!

Well, regardless people can do that now so.

On 11/10/2021 at 10:48 PM, Mijuzdetia said:

Evening everyone,

As you all may have probably noticed the game  has lost a lot of its playerbase for several reasons which I’m not going to list here since this post is about Dredgion pvp. Reason I am bringing it up is because it would be a great marketing plan to revive the game.

Let’s talk group pvp in dredgion and current setups.

As you are all well aware classic doesn’t come without its inherent flaws, inconsistencies, bugs, class imbalance, etc. 

Currently a meta based group of 2 gladiators, 1 sm, cleric & chanter or

3 gladiators 2 clerics 1 chanter, are essentially unbeatable group sets in dredgion. These group setups hold unique advantages over others and of course gear is a factor. To attract players NCSoft should consider the following rules  in Dredgion

1.) You may not form a group consisting of multiple class duplicates. Meaning, if you have a gladiator, you cannot take a second, or a third, or 4 th etc, same with any other class.

2.) Every individual that joins a dredgion instance, their stats should be equalized, similar to the Shugo Tomb instance, where only skill is relevant, and  not how geared you are. ( PVP gear has its uses in open world pvp anyway) - This would attract players to a fair instanced pvp/pve where both sides have to strive for tactics, strategy etc to win the match.

You don't want to have limitation of what you can do, Let me ask you this. What if all all SM are taken for dredge and you don't have a choice to form the group? that just pointless in my opinion. If you think those forms of groups are OP then why don't you form one your self if it's OP? so does it make sense? lol 

what if my friends are all Assassin and want to play with them in dredge? 

having another Character is not fun and I personally don't have a lot of time to play/create another character?

What if a Spiritmaster self identifies as a disabled cleric that cannot heal but can fear?

In a serious note, I remember back in old aion people constantly made posts like this to limit things based on class and it never happened and it will never happen. Aion is having a lot of freedom in a lot of things and they cannot start limiting basic stuff for instances. This is why people kept rerolling whatever class was the new cancer at every patch that made class changes.

Well, we all know retail failed. That’s why we’re in classic. We were told things were going to be handled differently and that the dev team will actually pay attention to customer feed back. This is what makes sucessfull mmorpgs. An audience that is being heard and things like these which incentivize players. All players not just the p2win whales. Lost Ark is a great example, ESO online. Etc

On 12/9/2021 at 8:52 AM, Mijuzdetia said:

We were told things were going to be handled differently and that the dev team will actually pay attention to customer feed back.

Who said that? Lol.

Anyway, no point in complaining in these forums - it's like shouting in a forest. No one can hear you.

If it makes you feel better - glads being OP in dredg was/is a common complaint in Korea, and many have also asked for no duplicate class rule. Then 1.9 came out with the Tiak 6v6 instance, and take a wild guess, you can bring 6 glads

Dredge is a failure on IS, either a strong Asmo group rolls a weak Elyos group, or a strong Elyos group rolls a weak Asmo group. An even match is rare.

This is because the strong groups spy on who is entering Dredge in the other faction, to make sure they have a weak opponent.

Easy to do, just have 2 accounts.

The fix is easy, remove Dredgion as a region which can be displayed in the Search tab.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 11:41 AM, Cyfur said:

Dredge is a failure on IS, either a strong Asmo group rolls a weak Elyos group, or a strong Elyos group rolls a weak Asmo group. An even match is rare.

This is because the strong groups spy on who is entering Dredge in the other faction, to make sure they have a weak opponent.

Easy to do, just have 2 accounts.

The fix is easy, remove Dredgion as a region which can be displayed in the Search tab.

This really just exists because of a bigger underlying problem: it's too punishing to lose a dredge. Nobody wants to try for half an hour and come out with barely 1500ap (unless you're already maxed on gear and just don't care). It's simply not worth the time to lose a dredge or even afk one. Raise the ap gap for losing a dredge, and it'll be less of a problem.

• 2 months later...
On 1/11/2022 at 5:44 AM, Yue said:

This really just exists because of a bigger underlying problem: it's too punishing to lose a dredge. Nobody wants to try for half an hour and come out with barely 1500ap (unless you're already maxed on gear and just don't care). It's simply not worth the time to lose a dredge or even afk one. Raise the ap gap for losing a dredge, and it'll be less of a problem.

How else is someone going to get 1500 AP in half an hour?

Currently there is a double AP weekend in progress so Dredge is absolutely worth doing.

Trouble is it's hard to get in. We have this Catch 22 where teams insist on people being "geared" but of course nobody knows what  "geared' actually means because it's a value judgement which differs from person to person. So you end up with a lot of people no being able to get a game, therefore they don't get AP to work on their gear, it's a stupid circle.  Lots of players that should be in groups, end up going into QE which is chaotic, lots of AFK, and a good chance to loose, and you can queue for over an hour on the Elyos side, but still not get in.

On 3/12/2022 at 8:19 PM, Cyfur said:

How else is someone going to get 1500 AP in half an hour?

Currently there is a double AP weekend in progress so Dredge is absolutely worth doing.

Trouble is it's hard to get in. We have this Catch 22 where teams insist on people being "geared" but of course nobody knows what  "geared' actually means because it's a value judgement which differs from person to person. So you end up with a lot of people no being able to get a game, therefore they don't get AP to work on their gear, it's a stupid circle.  Lots of players that should be in groups, end up going into QE which is chaotic, lots of AFK, and a good chance to loose, and you can queue for over an hour on the Elyos side, but still not get in.

You can easily kill fort mobs for AP. I think they average about 60 AP per mob so just kill 25 mobs and you have 1500 AP. That takes a lot less than a half hour to do. Fort instances daily turn in is 1k-1.2k for uppers and you make AP by running the instance itself. Plenty of ways to gain AP.

As far as being geared, 30e is insanely to get at this point in the game and base level +10'd kromede at worst case should be easily obtainable as well. Lvl 50 fabled weapons are debatable on ease of access depending on class. Low population is going to be harder to matchmake without static. I'm pretty geared and sometimes it's hard to find a pug even though I static one dredge a day at least. 

There's several issues with dredge, not only just the queue system that we have requiring another party for entry, but the fact that we can't exhaust all runs in one window and the dredge times. I am in the CST time zone and I find the time window for 2/3rd dredge unreasonable. There's multiple ways to fix this and flex it for the community.

Fix suggestions:

Make all dredges able to be ran in one window, make a max queue time for entry to where you go into the 20m instance to finish if no competing faction queues (ten minutes max queue maybe?), extend and/or adjust hours.

Proposed hours in CST: 

1. 12pm-3pm

2. 6pm - 9pm

3. 12am - 3am

(4?) 6am - 9am

• 1 year later...
On 12/8/2021 at 10:15 PM, Dscythe said:

You don't want to have limitation of what you can do, Let me ask you this. What if all all SM are taken for dredge and you don't have a choice to form the group? that just pointless in my opinion. If you think those forms of groups are OP then why don't you form one your self if it's OP? so does it make sense? lol 

what if my friends are all Assassin and want to play with them in dredge? 

having another Character is not fun and I personally don't have a lot of time to play/create another character?

Well tough luck, but realistically how often are all your friends the same class? Almost never. You're now just nit-picking at reasons to "not make the change"  It would balance out the game for one and for two, it would also force players to break their little tribal formations and start socializing with other players for once.