Comparable class to WoW's monk?

Plezurenpain-DN

Hey all.  I'm trying to get my boyfriend hooked on Aion.  He likes the premise of the game & the fact that it offers A LOT of PvP which he loves to do.  The thing is, he's picky about what classes he plays in MMOs.  Prior to WoW releasing the monk class, he played a warrior tank and liked that.  Since the release of the monk class, he now finds himself looking to play similar classes to that in other MMOs (I should add he's not too big of a fan of MMOs in the first place but willing to give Aion a shot so we have a game we can play together since I almost exclusively play MMOs).\

So my question is, what class should he play that is similar to a WoW dps monk that he would have fun playing?  Thanks for your help.  You guys are usually really awesome in your help.

I tried WoW just few hours a long ago and that class wasn´t there. So I checked a little in some guides and apparently is a figther class but with some heal habilities. It seems to be more focused on melee DPS than healing, but I´m not sure. 

Maybe the most similar class in Aion to that, could be the chanter. It is also a melee fighter with some defensive buffs and some healing skills. Usually is not the main healer, but can heal a lot if you focus on support style. Or it can be a melee fighter with some fast hits with his staff. A lot of people likes that class also to do PvP. I have so few experience with that class but it looks like the one you want. 

Cleric and SW are not totally different. Both can heal. Cleric is more focused on being the main healer, but a SW with some practice can heal a lot too. But the main difference for both, related with what you want, is that those classes have ranged magic DPS. Both of them are easier to reach a huge DPS, than the chanter. But are less defensive and the skills are slower (but with more damage on each skill). So using them as DPS is in some way similar than using a sorcerer. 

Assassins are fast melee fighters and use some evasion skills like monks on WoW, but they have no healing skills. Just some skills to drain HP from victims, but not the same as monks. 

And if he want something similar to a warrior in wow, that would totally be a Gladiator. 1 twohanded weapon or 2 single hand weapons. A lot of options about weapons to use. Nice HP like warriors. A nice melee DPS. They can tank in a lot of places and resist a lot of physical damage. 

The WoW DPS monk is a melee martial arts style fighter.  My boyfriend liked that style because he's big into karate & martial arts stuff.  As for gaming goes, he doesn't necessarily need healing abilities but honestly, who doesn't like to have that option when it comes to PvP lol?  What I know is that he wants to be full time DPS not full time healer with the occasional DPS mixed in between heals.  Also he doesn't really like ranged DPS either.  He prefers to be a melee fighter in games.

If he wants a DPS melee fighter the best options could be gladiator or assassin. Gladiator is more like a warrior. A tanky fighter that can use a lot of different weapons (usually polearm or a combination with a sword and a dagger). If is a fast class to fight, has some AoE skills and can steal HP with some skills to. Heavy armor class that makes him resistant to melee attacks too. Not so hard to learn how to play. The Assassin is also a melee fighter, but is faster and have temporal buffs to increase his damage. More complicated to play and will need to learn how to combine skills. It is a medium armor fighter but uses his evasion to avoid some hits. Can use stealth mode and usually fight with sword and dagger, but still has some combinations available. 

The Chanter is a harder class to focus on DPS for him. He has more supportive skills and AoE buffs that increase the damage and resistance for all the group and not only for him. So at the end, his presence means more DPS than what he did by himself.

Archived