Another concept of new class based on muse

Neleth-KT

Illusionist(Magician)

-Sub class of muse
-Combine physical and magical attack in same skill
-Using plate that has both magic and physical stats but physical stats is lower than Templar and Glad plates.
-Ranged
-Skills of Illusionist working like explosive rebranding of assassin but doesn't required rune which has physical part which affected by attack and crit and magicial part which affected by mb and crit spell.
-Has a skill that reduce range dmg by 50% but also increase incoming melee dmg for 50% and generate aggro(Among the patch add boss that attack from range and impossible to tank as melee only illusionists can tank it) ,in pvp this skill effective reduced to 5%
-Anti MR,BLOCK,MS players since illusionist is both magic and physical they can't nullify all dmg from illusionists.

Well just something pop up in my head :)

22 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

More skills

- Swap magic boost into attack stats

-  Passive allow you to remodel ur gears into clothes,leathers or chain

- DP skill 4k Super dmg one hit K.O with 10 mins cd

- Unequip opponent gears can't reequip for 5 sec

Can't think anymore lol

First I have to say that a class that mixes both physical & magical attacks (attack & magic boost) would be way too difficult to balance out gear for, stat requirements (acc, macc, crit, mcrit, etc) or manastones for.

Second the DP skill would be way too OP in PvP to be allowed to happen even if its a 10 minute CD.

Lastly the unequip opponent's gear is game breaking in PvP.  That would drop someone's health to nearly nothing, make your opponent have no attack accuracy, and make your opponent have no defensive stats at all for a min of 5 seconds (assuming you can even put gear back on while in combat which I don't think you can).

Other than that, I like the idea of another class being added to the muse class.  Maybe they could do a tinker/engineer that drops turrets that aid them in battle similar to the holy servant a cleric gets.

47 minutes ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:

First I have to say that a class that mixes both physical & magical attacks (attack & magic boost) would be way too difficult to balance out gear for, stat requirements (acc, macc, crit, mcrit, etc) or manastones for.

Second the DP skill would be way too OP in PvP to be allowed to happen even if its a 10 minute CD.

Lastly the unequip opponent's gear is game breaking in PvP.  That would drop someone's health to nearly nothing, make your opponent have no attack accuracy, and make your opponent have no defensive stats at all for a min of 5 seconds (assuming you can even put gear back on while in combat which I don't think you can).

Other than that, I like the idea of another class being added to the muse class.  Maybe they could do a tinker/engineer that drops turrets that aid them in battle similar to the holy servant a cleric gets.

Actually, you're wrong about the DP skill, Aion DID allow this to happen, ever hear about the sorc skill  lightburst/shadowburst ? At one point, some sorcs would specifically OW PVP by one-shotting people using that skill, especially high ranks, to get the most return on AP ( or do specific quests like general kills) , then they'd just AFK or log out until the CD came up, it was that OP. It was nerfed, it's no where near as strong- [ in addition, at a later point, casting speed was also capped, which also put asmo and elyos sorcs on more of an equal footing in that respect).

34 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

Actually, you're wrong about the DP skill, Aion DID allow this to happen, ever hear about the sorc skill  lightburst/shadowburst ? At one point, some sorcs would specifically OW PVP by one-shotting people using that skill, especially high ranks, to get the most return on AP ( or do specific quests like general kills) , then they'd just AFK or log out until the CD came up, it was that OP. It was nerfed, it's no where near as strong- [ in addition, at a later point, casting speed was also capped, which also put asmo and elyos sorcs on more of an equal footing in that respect).

But is that possible now? Usually when I get shadowbursted it hurts as much as Storm Strike does.

42 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

Being 1 shot because of someone's gear and/or popping cooldowns is one thing but the OP specifically said "DP skill 4k Super dmg one hit K.O with 10 mins cd" which is a 100% chance to kill someone regardless of their current HP or resist amounts.  Long cooldown or not, that's too powerful of a spell.  And as @Commission-DN said, is that possible NOW?  Because @Neleth-KT is suggesting it be a thing with this new class suggestion.

1 minute ago, Commission-DN said:

But is that possible now? Usually when I get shadowbursted it hurts as much as Storm Strike does.

If I understand you correctly - well no- it's no where near as strong as it used to be. Incidentally, Storm Strike is also one of the sorc skills that has a PVP damage modifier (a decrease) - someone put up a Google spreadsheet a month or two ago, I think that sorcs may be the only class (or one of the very few) that still have PVP damage decreases on skills. 

Here's the thread, the PVP damage ratio where less than 100% indicates a reduction when used in PVP. If you compare to an SM, you'll see that SMs have no reductions, and SW have almost none, and none on some nukes (like Treble Cleave).

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=152662

Just now, Plezurenpain-DN said:

Being 1 shot because of someone's gear and/or popping cooldowns is one thing but the OP specifically said "DP skill 4k Super dmg one hit K.O with 10 mins cd" which is a 100% chance to kill someone regardless of their current HP or resist amounts.  Long cooldown or not, that's too powerful of a spell.  And as @Commission-DN said, is that possible NOW?  Because @Neleth-KT is suggesting it be a thing with this new class suggestion.

I wasn't saying it was possible now, I was stating that it was possible in the past. As I stated, it was nerfed precisely for that reason, it was an almost guaranteed one shot - a sorc could one-shot a templar with it, let alone another cloth.

I realize he's suggesting   a new class, the argument was made that Aion would never let a specific OP skill (a one-shot) happen - they did in the past, and corrected it due to much QQ. They've let many things happen, like ATs, SW and gunners, for example. There is still much  QQ.:D

8 hours ago, BlessaSunset-KT said:

Pls create a Metalhead Songweaver! Dressed in black leather with white spikes, skills like headbanging and pumping horns! (see Beavis and Butthead if you don't know how ;))

So much YES to this suggestion!!!

And of course they would have to use guitars instead of those damn harps too

will be hard to do another class. Cause I think it must be a Plate class (we have only 2 classes for this and 3 for all the others), but I must be a muse class. Maybe some supportive tank with auras for the group :P . I would also like to see a class using some of the manastones and stats that are not used for the others. Now some stats and manastones are so required (like MB, attack, crit strike) but others use to be almost useless (Parry, Evasion, MP). Maybe a magic plate class with some mana shield or high base parry/evasion making it interesting to add some of those stats to be more defensive. 

There are context clues to show what the next muse class might be, based on the other classes.

As it stands we have 3 cloth classes, 3 leathers, 3 chains, and 2 plates. It stands to reason that the 12th class would be a plate-wearing class. We also have 6 mages and 5 physicals, so it is likely the 12th class would be physical to balance prices. There's 6 ranged classes (SW SM Sorc Ranger Gunner Cleric) and 5 melee classes, so the 12th class will probably be melee.

Of the 3 newer classes, we have a leather more like a mage, a cloth more like a support, a chain more like a tank, so the last class would logically be a plate more like a scout. -Enmity evasion plate incoming? Sound weird? well it'll make sense soon.

a Muse is a singer, a musician, etc, so any class branching off of that would have to be music related. Songweavers use harps, and have a high-class artistic design to tehm, but I think the new class would be quite different. Instead of dainty, frilly, and high class, I believe the best fit would be a tribal, drumming  dancer kind of role. lots of spins and flips, up close and in your face, using punches, kicks, headbuts, and other non-weapon techniques. perhaps they have drumsticks or other percussive tools as weapons. While songweavers use gentle motions to produce their music, a dancer would use stomps and drum hits to make their music. They beat on their own heavy plate armor to make noise for their buffs. Their heavy hits could have intense drum hit noises. I like to picture a break-dancer level of mobility to explain why they may be evasive and scout-like.

Think STOMP style, just beating on anything to make rhythm, while dancing around  having a good time doing it

They'd be melee, sporting probably dual wield drumsticks as their weapons (or finally give us physical maces a plenty and redesign them to look more drummy), perhaps they have their own 2h weapon like how gunners did, like a gong hammer kind of thing. And of course they can still equip lyres, though a magical autoattack is really only for luring / kiting/chasing and not good for any damage like a gladi/sin can get with their +atk scaling bows.

4 hours ago, Disregard-DN said:

There are context clues to show what the next muse class might be, based on the other classes.

As it stands we have 3 cloth classes, 3 leathers, 3 chains, and 2 plates. It stands to reason that the 12th class would be a plate-wearing class. We also have 6 mages and 5 physicals, so it is likely the 12th class would be physical to balance prices. There's 6 ranged classes (SW SM Sorc Ranger Gunner Cleric) and 5 melee classes, so the 12th class will probably be melee.

Of the 3 newer classes, we have a leather more like a mage, a cloth more like a support, a chain more like a tank, so the last class would logically be a plate more like a scout. -Enmity evasion plate incoming? Sound weird? well it'll make sense soon.

a Muse is a singer, a musician, etc, so any class branching off of that would have to be music related. Songweavers use harps, and have a high-class artistic design to tehm, but I think the new class would be quite different. Instead of dainty, frilly, and high class, I believe the best fit would be a tribal, drumming  dancer kind of role. lots of spins and flips, up close and in your face, using punches, kicks, headbuts, and other non-weapon techniques. perhaps they have drumsticks or other percussive tools as weapons. While songweavers use gentle motions to produce their music, a dancer would use stomps and drum hits to make their music. They beat on their own heavy plate armor to make noise for their buffs. Their heavy hits could have intense drum hit noises. I like to picture a break-dancer level of mobility to explain why they may be evasive and scout-like.

Think STOMP style, just beating on anything to make rhythm, while dancing around  having a good time doing it

They'd be melee, sporting probably dual wield drumsticks as their weapons (or finally give us physical maces a plenty and redesign them to look more drummy), perhaps they have their own 2h weapon like how gunners did, like a gong hammer kind of thing. And of course they can still equip lyres, though a magical autoattack is really only for luring / kiting/chasing and not good for any damage like a gladi/sin can get with their +atk scaling bows.

SOOOO MUCH YEEEEEEESS FOR THIS, SERIOUSLY!! this is exactly how I think the other muse subclass will be! and it seems just SOO awesome! I got no words to explain how I feel when I think about this other than "I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED!!"

3 hours ago, BeMagnificentt-DN said:

Also, there could be a dancer class that uses a Whip weapon. Their skills could have pretty dancing animations with the whip flying around everywhere and the player dancing around, along with some magic imbuned in their whip. it could be like a chanter

To deathmetal or trashy 80's butt rock (think Cherry Pie by Warrent) in the background and they have to include poles for them to dance on with some moves too!

Archived