Jump to content
Forums

Lack of upcoming content is concerning...


Kiras
 Share

Recommended Posts

Am i the only one that is discouraged at the lack of content? 1.5 was fun for a few weeks but it's been bland for a while now. 

Server merge would help a bit by creating more pvp content but it won't be enough to keep people paying for more than a few weeks

1.7 is lame all we get is fort instances I am not looking for to this all. Most active pvpers have full pvp sets it's mostly people grinding out their 50e /50 accessorries sure fort instance will help but that's not really content.

Fort sieges have been non existant for a while now and I don't see it getting fixed in near future

2.0 is the only content that I am looking foward to at this rate this is probably not before summer 2022...the rate players are quitting what's the population really going to look like at that point.

Thoughts?

Edited by Kiras
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who knows? 

I have plenty to keep my entertained in game.  With the bot ban waves, I have to a lot more gathering because mats are becoming scarce.  I'm also working on Fenris and 40e (50e just too scary to think about stoning and socketing right now).

I would think their would be a big splash at the end of the Deava Pass, which is next week ... so maybe merge the servers along with releasing 1.7 and some convenience fixes, like the opening multiple boxes and items in your inventory at once instead of clicking them one at a time.  Multiple socket attempts would be nice too.

I too would like to see 2.0, it was one of my favorite patches in retail.  The PvP in Gelk, Ing and Silenterra was good ...

The game is not perfect, it's very flawed, but it keep me entertained right now so I'll be patient until the content comes out, or until Lost Ark releases.  NCSoft would be smart to release as much as they can before the reported Q1 2022 release of LA NA.  That game has the potential of killing all NA gaming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With all the things to do, /3 LFG is full of consistent DC runs to sell weapon.

I  need all sorts of other instances for my toons but nobody seems to do those.

Do people think that would change in 1.7? I doubt it, people are obsessed with kinah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Zarbi said:

With all the things to do, /3 LFG is full of consistent DC runs to sell weapon.

I  need all sorts of other instances for my toons but nobody seems to do those.

Do people think that would change in 1.7? I doubt it, people are obsessed with kinah.

I mean, what other instances do you really -need-, especially for items that kinah can otherwise buy, which overall explains why people mostly do sell runs?

 

At least on SL, which I know isn't IS, I see SR, DC, Tlabs and DP active. Unless you mean for levleing purposes which right now with the XP event it's better to simply solo/duo elites.

I even see FT active a lot but I ankowledge that's SL and not IS.

 

 

Not to say the population isn't terrible or the content as is is fun... simply that there's a reason people are obsessed with Kinah and only run those instances, they're mostly BiS or the most worth people's time.

Edited by Adla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Adla said:

I even see FT active a lot but I ankowledge that's SL and not IS.

 

It's funny you mentioned that ... I noticed a lot more FT and DC repeatable groups forming nearly all day, which is good ... it means another wave of leveling players coming up, or people leveling that rerolled from IS. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Yoloranger said:

It's funny you mentioned that ... I noticed a lot more FT and DC repeatable groups forming nearly all day, which is good ... it means another wave of leveling players coming up, or people leveling that rerolled from IS. 

Mostly alts, quickest way to lvl-up now. There's a few on IS daily especially FT. No one would really reroll to Siel at this point it's just not worth it I wouldnt dump my 40e + pvp accessories just for a fresh start and have to grind it all again no way.  No one has the moral to put in that much effort either they merge soon or everyone in IS just quits

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Kiras said:

Am i the only one that is discouraged at the lack of content? 1.5 was fun for a few weeks but it's been bland for a while now. 

Server merge would help a bit by creating more pvp content but it won't be enough to keep people paying for more than a few weeks

1.7 is lame all we get is fort instances I am not looking for to this all. Most active pvpers have full pvp sets it's mostly people grinding out their 50e /50 accessorries sure fort instance will help but that's not really content.

Fort sieges have been non existant for a while now and I don't see it getting fixed in near future

2.0 is the only content that I am looking foward to at this rate this is probably not before summer 2022...the rate players are quitting what's the population really going to look like at that point.

Thoughts?

As much as the lack of content is a problem right now (which is compounded by the disastrously siege issues now essentially eliminating that content), unless something is called out expect the cadence to be similar to Korea (I called out previously that Aion 1.X was only on the market in NA for roughly 10 months before 2.0 and it is very likely Aion Classic will be 1 year at 1.X before 2.0).

One major driver I see in the Korean Aion Classic content updates is that 90 day Siel's Aura subscriptions coincided with content updates and new rewards for those who specifically sign up for those 90 days subscriptions.  I would be shocked if such a business strategy is altered for NA. Therefore, expect 1.7 in about 30-45 days likely at the start of Deava Pass season 8 at the earliest. Then expect 1.9 around late March/early April.

To answer your first question. A LOT of people are discouraged and is really driving out the most loyal supporters as I have witnessed from many hardcore players in my legion moving on to other games (plus we can all track general population in the game which keeps dropping).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...