Siege Compensation

ofert-KT

17 hours ago, Cnc said:

@Yoloranger IMO OP is right. We do deserve some medals compensation for sieges not being functional for more than a month. It's key content to gear progression. On the other hand it is true that they have handed a lot of free crowns. But medals are also just as important and we did miss a lot of medals due to sieges not being able to be conquered.

And just because YOU are having fun in your little circle, doesn't mean that the game isn't going to shit. They are killing the game again... there is no way you can't see that! I don't even need to prove it to you as server population already does it. Soon you and your friends won't have people to fight against... and will be forced to quit. And that is exactly what we, people who complain, don't want to happen. That's why we complain and fight so much. We want the product that the game could have been.

@Jafoolycake Except that this is the NA server. If EU players choose to play here, that's on them. I for one play from Brazil, everything is 2h late here. I can't attend everything, but I accepted it when I started playing. That was a poor analogy.

I did indeed completely agree with the OP.  If you read post #4 you'll see clearly that I agreed with him and praised him for making a fair and articulate argument.  I think compensation would definitely be in order because materials and goods that can be acquired through gameplay were denied because of 'mechanical failure'.

The population is lower for sure, but the game is not dead.  It's still very fun.  And I know it fits your argument to pigeon hole my responses to just me and my group, but the server is still active in spite of population being lower.  This week at Krotan siege, Asmo's had nearly 6 alliances and there were at least that many Elyos.  Good times.

We'll agree to disagree that our views of the game are different, that's fine.  That's the nature of having meaningful conversations. 

To me, if there are no problems getting into Dredge 3 times a day, no problems finding an opposing faction at sieges, no problems finding DP, DC or Adma groups and no problems finding opposition in the Abyss and the Core, then I don't see the problem with gameplay.  And I'm not talking about me and just my group, I'm talking about server LFG being lively all day.  Why would I be fighting the experience at this point. 

I get that you wanted the game to be something that it's not, point taken.  What I'm saying is that there are still a lot of players playing the game and playing it everyday that are enjoying it in it's current state.  Sure they'd like more, but they're having fun playing the game. 

Players will come back for the merge, they'll come back for 1.7, they'll come back for 2.0.  And when the game stops being fun, or it dies completely to where groups are no longer easy or possible at all to find, then I'll move on like the rest of the players.  But until that time, I'll spend my time playing the game, not wishing it was something else.

On 12/2/2021 at 4:51 PM, ofert-KT said:

@Kibbelz @Loki @Gideon @Hime

Since we are all paying $15.00 USD per month for a subscription with an optional $30.00 for Deava pass I believe that we deserve compensation.

Sieges are a crucial/main feature of the game and not being able to take/defend forts in our region is heavily effecting our economy in the game. We should be compensated silver and gold medals for every siege starting from the 15th of October. It is NCwest's fault and responsibility to understand the game and apply custom changes such as region based tuning for sieges based on our population. 1.5+ months is not an acceptable time frame to be missing out on medals and siege. 

It is not the players fault that we do not have a large popluation as the patch was designed for, it is not the players fault we can not defend or attack forts, it is not the players fault the medal economy has been ruined. 1.5 patch brings more access to abyss points but we lost the #1 source of gaining medals. 

As paying customers/fans of Aion we all deserve to be well compensated for this broken feature.

I completely agree with you

5 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

This is all self entitlement, The NCwest does not need to supply any of this. While sure it would be nice and obviously even i would love this, The only people that would hate this are the current hackers/cheaters/exploiters. It does not matter what i would love tho, They have no obligation to do this and that is why Aion/NCsoft games in the west are not very successful in terms of major success. They are still successful and still turn a profit in which is all they are looking for.

Very common of the western community to think everyone needs to bend over backwards for them when that is not the case in the gaming genre especially when nostalgic goggles are being worn by your playerbase.

Well said

11 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

You say western problems but the reality is you are just saying the grass is greener on the other side.

Siege buff was a blanket buff and it was not good for every server, People stopped playing on the 2 servers i was apart of because there was no way for the elyos to take a fort after the change. Even if they were left alone the entire time they would of never flipped the fort. This caused the servers i was on to completely die.

Bots outnumber the playerbase 10-1 over in KR and that is on a bad day i would say it is closer to 20-1 on some servers. In the first month siege on myserver would be 2000v2000 then the next siege it would be 80 vs 2500 because the bots would have players locked out of the server so people could not get in to participate. NA does not have a bot problem like KR. In KR the elite mobs level 40+ in herion and belusian were completely wiped out. I am not talking just bots clearing them every single mob in those area's had a group of bots camping it. Our bots are nothing in comparison to KR.

drop rates KRs market looks so nice because they have 500x the bots NA has their drop rate is no different to ours we just have less bots. Also the drop rates on balic materials was nerfed from the original to entice people in to buying their battle passes.

AP traders Lastly AP traders. Korea had level 25 governors. I posted it here before classic even came out in our region when i was still playing in KR. 

None of the issues you mentioned are western problems they are NCsoft problems because they do not care so long as the flow of cash keeps coming in. 

This is all self entitlement, The NCwest does not need to supply any of this. While sure it would be nice and obviously even i would love this, The only people that would hate this are the current hackers/cheaters/exploiters. It does not matter what i would love tho, They have no obligation to do this and that is why Aion/NCsoft games in the west are not very successful in terms of major success. They are still successful and still turn a profit in which is all they are looking for.

Very common of the western community to think everyone needs to bend over backwards for them when that is not the case in the gaming genre especially when nostalgic goggles are being worn by your playerbase.

We will have to agree to disagree I guess. I had this wall of text typed already but it's not worth it. Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey @CMRin welcome to the aion community! can you please read through this thread as it is very important to the players? @Kibbelzfully ignored us here. 

We should be compensated in some way when a major part of the game(sieges) did not function at all. now we in 1.8 patch have removed defense reward medals and need this compensation more than ever.  

On 1/30/2022 at 12:05 PM, ofert-KT said:

Hey @CMRin welcome to the aion community! can you please read through this thread as it is very important to the players? @Kibbelzfully ignored us here. 

We should be compensated in some way when a major part of the game(sieges) did not function at all. now we in 1.8 patch have removed defense reward medals and need this compensation more than ever.  

I agree!  @CMRin please check into this for us.  We were unable to siege for months.  Sending medals to us in a survey would be something I think could be implemented and would really help us out a lot!

Archived