Stop Paying NCSoft

Whatev

On 12/3/2021 at 9:36 AM, Whatev said:

I'm not giving them one more dime  - not for Aura - not for Quna - nothing. Not until they merge servers and FIX this game. We should all stop paying them and maybe then they'll listen and do something.

Let people waste their money, It is their choice. One mans rubbish is another mans treasure. Telling people to not spend their money on what they like is a pointless endeavour.

On 12/4/2021 at 12:02 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Let people waste their money, It is their choice. One mans rubbish is another mans treasure. Telling people to not spend their money on what they like is a pointless endeavour.

And that's how corporate greed and subpar service survives.. capitalism at it's finest.

11 minutes ago, Adla said:

And that's how corporate greed and subpar service survives.. capitalism at it's finest.

You take for granted that the current game "sucks" to the point nobody should pay for it. But that is your opinion and someone else might think this aion is the best thing ever happened.

Capitalism means you can chose to buy something or choose not to. The other option is communism where you have no option and you have to do what the lead tells you.
We choose capitalism any day for the freedom to choose.

I personally do not waste a single dime on Aion anymore for the exact same reason the original poster calls for it, but I acknowledge why others still spend thousands because they enjoy what they pay for.

27 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

You take for granted that the current game "sucks" to the point nobody should pay for it. But that is your opinion and someone else might think this aion is the best thing ever happened.

Capitalism means you can chose to buy something or choose not to. The other option is communism where you have no option and you have to do what the lead tells you.
We choose capitalism any day for the freedom to choose.

I personally do not waste a single dime on Aion anymore for the exact same reason the original poster calls for it, but I acknowledge why others still spend thousands because they enjoy what they pay for.

Which is why Aion will always continue to have subpar service and lackluster content.

I loved Aion as much as anyone, I've loved it since open beta, and I realize this is subjective but the numebers also tell it like it is... and my heart has woken up.

It doesn't have to be communism, and that's not even a discussion that I want to derail this into... but it is that attitude that keeps Aion going in the direction it is instead of hitting ncsoft in the wallet and waking them up. But the money will keep flowing, so that won't happen... especially since the korean model is succseful, which ultimately puts it out of our hands, sure, making it all moot to begin with.

9 minutes ago, Adla said:

Which is why Aion will always continue to have subpar service and lackluster content.

I loved Aion as much as anyone, I've loved it since open beta, and I realize this is subjective but the numebers also tell it like it is... and my heart has woken up.

It doesn't have to be communism, and that's not even a discussion that I want to derail this into... but it is that attitude that keeps Aion going in the direction it is instead of hitting ncsoft in the wallet and waking them up. But the money will keep flowing, so that won't happen... especially since the korean model is succseful, which ultimately puts it out of our hands, sure, making it all moot to begin with.

I also wished whoever didn't like aion to stop playing/paying... and this is what 90% of the player base did after the first weeks. Did it have an impact?

Well it did make the game deserted and IS server requires a merge, but apart from the gameplay being less than what it could have been, nothing else changed. The company didn't blink an eye over this.

The people that still pay even just for subscription in Aion must love it, point blank period. Nobody hates Aion and still pays 15$ per month for it. You can still play retail because you hold your breath in case it becomes better, but you wouldn't pay money for it.

What if EVERYONE stopped paying for it? You guess the company would make a change? Nope, you would be wrong, they would just close the game. This is how stubborn hey are. They haven't learned a single thing from all the years of retail destruction.

The fact Aion Classic even exists it means one thing... that people go sick of everything the company ever did on retail.

Yet there they are doing exactly the SAME things. They don't even just follow their previous path slightly, they are literally stepping on top of their previous footsteps marks they left on the mud while destroying retail.

Ya I agree with all of that honestly. I guess I just don't like the defeatest attitude toward it but that doesn't change anything, and it's being aware of the reality of things. Mostly though, like I said, that's because the korean model is succesful and it clearly takes minimal work in NA to keep the servers up.

13 minutes ago, Adla said:

Ya I agree with all of that honestly. I guess I just don't like the defeatest attitude toward it but that doesn't change anything, and it's being aware of the reality of things. Mostly though, like I said, that's because the korean model is succesful and it clearly takes minimal work in NA to keep the servers up.

Exactly, but here is the thing:

Imagine someone not liking the game but still paying for it while waiting for someone to call for a boycott so he takes action.

This is like not liking a political party but somehow you keep voting for them because others voted as well, and you are waiting for the next loud person to call for a boycott so you make a change.

Every person should take their individual action the moment they want, you do not need a group to take your own action.

~~

I encourage people to write their final words, if all those 90% of the players that left made a final post "I leave the game because the model is awful", it  could have had an impact (or maybe not).

Maybe it doesn't matter but I think leaving silently looks like a defeat. Letting the company know why you left could give them a hint and it could have had an impact big or small.

~~

If the OP simply made a statement and said "from today I will not play the game for these reasons" I would agree for his right to do so. Urging people to not play sounds wrong.

6 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

Exactly, but here is the thing:

Imagine someone not liking the game but still paying for it while waiting for someone to call for a boycott so he takes action.

This is like not liking a political party but somehow you keep voting for them because others voted as well, and you are waiting for the next loud person to call for a boycott so you make a change.

Every person should take their individual action the moment they want, you do not need a group to take your own action.

~~

I encourage people to write their final words, if all those 90% of the players that left made a final post "I leave the game because the model is awful", it  could have had an impact (or maybe not).

Maybe it doesn't matter but I think leaving silently looks like a defeat. Letting the company know why you left could give them a hint and it could have had an impact big or small.

~~

If the OP simply made a statement and said "from today I will not play the game for these reasons" I would agree for his right to do so. Urging people to not play sounds wrong.

Ya that's fair, and honestly if people had done that since the beginning...

Archived