Siege HP test for all forts 12/4~12-6

Loki

1 hour ago, Stormwing said:

@Darob:
While I agree to the commanders damage being too high, it was bound to happen with people going solo or small scale and none wanting aggro or healing the tank due to wanting more abyss points. I expect Krotan to be no different.

@HeartStrings-DN:
I agree that teams which are eager to not let the opponent team get anything at all are uselessly toxic. Nevertheless, everyone can decide whether to join dredgion and also whether to stay in it.

Stormwing, your prediction was right on Krotan tonight. You called it.

3 hours ago, Stormwing said:

@HeartStrings-DN:
I agree that teams which are eager to not let the opponent team get anything at all are uselessly toxic. Nevertheless, everyone can decide whether to join dredgion and also whether to stay in it.

I have been in strong Elyos groups that do that, it's just griefing and they should know better. It's usually just one or two players that want to do it, and the rest of the group just follows. Killing all the opposite faction prisoners in Dredge is also a sign.

• Daeva
13 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

Another woeful defense of Siels East where the Cadet Commander killed the Dux in about a minute and there was nothing we could do about it.

I have gotten confirmation from dev that Dredge Commanders are intended to kill the diety in just a few hits.

But if this continues to be an issue we'll need to make more than just HP adjustments.

Thank you for letting us know.

On 12/8/2021 at 8:33 PM, Loki said:

I have gotten confirmation from dev that Dredge Commanders are intended to kill the diety in just a few hits.

But if this continues to be an issue we'll need to make more than just HP adjustments.

Please explain why dredg commanders did significantly less damage to the diety back in 1.2, then. Were attack values correct back then, or correct now?

That was a rhetorical question by the way - on Korean servers, when the diety HP was buffed due to sieges only lasting 30 seconds, they had to buff the damage of the dredgion commanders too, of course - otherwise, dredg commanders would never be able to kill the diety. You reduced the diety HP but didn't reduce the dredg commander damage, which gives absolutely no chance to defend forts against balaur. The only way we're able to defend forts is basically though bug abuse/unintended mechanics via a player getting aggro on the dredg commander, when they're supposed to aggro the diety.

All we're asking for is sieges to be restored to exactly how they were in 1.2. Just a word of advice, when several players say something is broken, 9 times out of 10, it's broken.

On 12/8/2021 at 10:33 PM, Loki said:

Please define "a few hits". It sure as hell isn't 3 hits. It never was. I'm sorry, Loki, but a QA tester SHOULD know game mechanics and SHOULD have the game knowledge, or else how tf would you know what to test?

Commander's skill are supposed to take between 5% and 10% of Deity (or Dux) HP, never more than that. And certainly not 40% each hit lol. As someone else already mentioned before, those are the things that need adjustment:

- AP gained from commanders and balaurs in general: Should be reduced along with the HP reduction. Whatever % you removed from the HP, you should remove from AP gain.
- Commander's skill: Same as above. Whatever % you removed from the HP, you should remove from their skill.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 4:23 PM, Nsn said:

Please explain why dredg commanders did significantly less damage to the diety back in 1.2, then. Were attack values correct back then, or correct now?

That was a rhetorical question by the way - on Korean servers, when the diety HP was buffed due to sieges only lasting 30 seconds, they had to buff the damage of the dredgion commanders too, of course - otherwise, dredg commanders would never be able to kill the diety. You reduced the diety HP but didn't reduce the dredg commander damage, which gives absolutely no chance to defend forts against balaur. The only way we're able to defend forts is basically though bug abuse/unintended mechanics via a player getting aggro on the dredg commander, when they're supposed to aggro the diety.

All we're asking for is sieges to be restored to exactly how they were in 1.2. Just a word of advice, when several players say something is broken, 9 times out of 10, it's broken.

I'm bumping this reply and the thread in general.
Asmo fortresses have gates that have far more HP than elyos or balaur. (maybe because this was only tested randomly at an elyos siege?)

Just restore sieges to exactly how they were in 1.2

EASY FIX. DONE.

Archived