Server Consolidation Update

Arctic

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas,

As a follow-up to our Server Consolidation surveys, we wanted to share that we will have decided to move forward with consolidating the Israphel and Siel servers for Aion Classic.

We hope to release details within the next few weeks, but wanted to provide you with as much heads-up as possible.

Thank you!

So, given that some of us have character of one race on one server and character of the other race on the other server, what then?   Do we loose all we have to one side or the other or what?   For you haters and naysayers out there just stop, I am not the only one with this concern.

3 hours ago, Lenoir-KT said:

So, given that some of us have character of one race on one server and character of the other race on the other server, what then?   Do we loose all we have to one side or the other or what?   For you haters and naysayers out there just stop, I am not the only one with this concern.

You have to choose elyos or asmos character/s. Im sure Ncsoft will help you to chose one race with some gifts.

5 hours ago, Lenoir-KT said:

don't worry, you'll be given the choice of which faction characters to delete, then when you have chosen your faction whether it be elyos or asmodian ncsoft will compensate you by giving you transformation candy but it will be for the opposite faction LOL

Edited by Azachi-KT
wrong word

On 12/10/2021 at 12:44 PM, Yoloranger said:

Thanks @Kibbelz... hopefully, you'll pair that 1.7 and some cool events.  Thanks for the update!

@IS players ... should probably start making toons on Siel just to save any names that you want that might still be available

I'd like to make a similar request about pairing the general timing of the merge with other events. However, I also request that the merge and 1.7 not be in the same update. Two large changes going in at the same time could make troubleshooting more difficult.

5 hours ago, Azachi-KT said:

don't worry, you'll be given the choice of which faction characters to delete, then when you have chosen your faction whether it be elyos or asmodian ncsoft will compensate you by giving you transformation candy but it will be for the opposite faction LOL

Not sure how all of this is to work out since they have said diddle about it.   I have 5 character on the one server of a particular race and 1 character of the other on the other server.   I had whittled it down to just the one but there are lots of kinah/mats/armor/weapons/remedies and lodus amulets that have accrued since the start that I would hate to lose since it was done under sub.   So here is to hoping they just do  not screw me or anyone else over this merge.   Some insight would be nice.

Edited by Lenoir-KT

1 hour ago, Lenoir-KT said:

Not sure how all of this is to work out since they have said diddle about it.   I have 5 character on the one server of a particular race and 1 character of the other on the other server.   I had whittled it down to just the one but there are lots of kinah/mats/armor/weapons/remedies and lodus amulets that have accrued since the start that I would hate to lose since it was done under sub.   So here is to hoping they just do  not screw me or anyone else over this merge.   Some insight would be nice.

You will probably have to delete the 1 character from the other faction, but we won't know until the merge happens.

3 hours ago, Yoyo said:

How it worked on retail when merged to 1 server is you get to keep both factions.  However you are unable to create anymore toons until you make a decision what faction you want and delete the other

@Lenoir-KT As Yoyo said, you are in fact free to keep all your Asmo and Elyos characters. Each time you go into the character screen, you will be met with an offending message which you must confirm to about having two races on the same account, but then you can log in without any other issues. The message is an annoyance at worst, nothing more. Anything else aside from the message would be a new implementation none of us have seen before

VLu7irX.png

@Kibbelz
When the merge happens, will you be releasing inactive character names from players who have not logged or played in months? IE: will I be able to purchase a name change ticket to secure a name that someone sniped from me, who hasn't logged in in say, 3 months?

They do this on retail, as I'm sure you know.

2 hours ago, Adla said:

@Kibbelz
When the merge happens, will you be releasing inactive character names from players who have not logged or played in months? IE: will I be able to purchase a name change ticket to secure a name that someone sniped from me, who hasn't logged in in say, 3 months?

They do this on retail, as I'm sure you know.

You’re not gonna get your name, just give it up. NCsoft is tired of you always begging and asking. 

NCWest are really dragging their heels on this, the survey was a long time ago.

Server merge is not rocket science, they have done it  many times over the years.

It's becoming clear to all that they  don't care about the  players experience.

Edited by Zarbi

On 12/10/2021 at 8:38 PM, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas,

As a follow-up to our Server Consolidation surveys, we wanted to share that we will have decided to move forward with consolidating the Israphel and Siel servers for Aion Classic.

We hope to release details within the next few weeks, but wanted to provide you with as much heads-up as possible.

Thank you!

Merge servers, its really server Israphel almost dead, its always empty. Merge servers before new year!!!!

2 hours ago, Nycha said:

Merge servers, its really server Israphel almost dead, its always empty. Merge servers before new year!!!!

Well you will be sad to know.  NCwest closes down till the new year.  In the 12 plus years game has been out they don't do any big things in December such as updates, expansions and rest assured server merges.   Won't see a merge till January or February

Edited by Yoyo
forgot word

50 minutes ago, Yoyo said:

Well you will be sad to know.  NCwest closes down till the new year.  In the 12 plus years game has been out they don't do any big things in December such as updates, expansions and rest assured server merges.   Won't see a merge till January or February

That's because in F2P they don't loose subscribers, but in Classic they do.

BTW the merge survey went out at the start of November, so they could have merged in November too.

Edited by Zarbi

11 minutes ago, Yoyo said:

Not true bottom line retail before became f2p was same way. They don't do stuff in December period 

Historical trends are a moot point.

The fact of the matter is NCWest inaction, has allowed the active Elyos population on IS to fall from over 1,000 down to less than 100 in under 5mths.

Their first blunder was not launching 1.5 patch before the first 90day sub ran out.

Even a noob marketing person would know to launch 1.5 a few days before the 90day  sub ran out, to give people a taste of the new content so they renew to explore it further.

Edited by Zarbi