Server Consolidation Update

Arctic

46 minutes ago, Zarbi said:

Historical trends are a moot point.

The fact of the matter is NCWest inaction, has allowed the active Elyos population on IS to fall from over 1,000 down to less than 100 in under 5mths.

Their first blunder was not launching 1.5 patch before the first 90day sub ran out.

Even a noob marketing person would know to launch 1.5 a few days before the 90day  sub ran out, to give people a taste of the new content so they renew to explore it further.

Oh I agree.  I am not defending just merely stating the obvious.  They not gonna change now.  Their marketing of this game has always sucked.  I guess my best guess for merge will be after current daeva pass expires.  Just my guess though.  When they have done bad marketing for 12 years, not done big things in December for 12 years just saying don't expect it to change now cause history says it isn't going to.

Edited by Yoyo
typo

That is good but late news. When 2.0 is released 2 servers would make more sense, just saying as it is good to think advance about that. Don't forget 2.x will bring quite more players back for one server; and if ever announced 3.x (which would be the best decision that NCsoft has done in years) then definitely 2 servers at start are needed. Sounds far but one year is not that far away.

6 hours ago, Xamber said:

That is good but late news. When 2.0 is released 2 servers would make more sense, just saying as it is good to think advance about that. Don't forget 2.x will bring quite more players back for one server; and if ever announced 3.x (which would be the best decision that NCsoft has done in years) then definitely 2 servers at start are needed. Sounds far but one year is not that far away.

That's not what the players voted, both servers want consolidation a.s.a.p to boost the active player numbers.

IF we actually got more players logging in and there was a lack of space, yes it would be justified to keep servers separate into 2.0. However our population keep hitting record lows that we need to consolidate servers. Plus at this rate of updates, we would be looking at 2.0 probably at the end of summer 2022. At the servers' current rate of attrition  we may not even make it to that point. 

On 12/28/2021 at 12:40 AM, Pyromage-DN said:

Soo, how 'bout that server merge?

It wont change shit at this stage...

2 hours ago, HeartStrings-DN said:

So who is the dominant faction on the Siel server now?  or is it pretty balanced?

Asmos dominate, and it's bad. Merge wont change anything though. New Siel will probably be Asmo dominated with the same 500 (or less lol) active players.

On 12/31/2021 at 5:49 PM, Cnc said:

Asmos dominate, and it's bad. Merge wont change anything though. New Siel will probably be Asmo dominated with the same 500 (or less lol) active players.

Currently on IS there are a handful of highly geared Asmo groups that do Dredge and almost nothing else. If the Elyos don't get in during the first 20min, then the chances are they wont get a game at all. I welcome an Asmo dominant server, it's better than standing around for 90min in a Dredge queue and not getting in.

7 hours ago, Zarbi said:

Currently on IS there are a handful of highly geared Asmo groups that do Dredge and almost nothing else. If the Elyos don't get in during the first 20min, then the chances are they wont get a game at all. I welcome an Asmo dominant server, it's better than standing around for 90min in a Dredge queue and not getting in.

Then it's even worse than I've imagined. Because it works the same way for asmos. We are less than 500 active players at this point for sure... Such a massive failure yet again from NCwest.

I thought that asmos had to wait longer in queue because we had more numbers, but it seems like there are no more players then. Hahahaahah

1 hour ago, Cnc said:

Then it's even worse than I've imagined. Because it works the same way for asmos. We are less than 500 active players at this point for sure... Such a massive failure yet again from NCwest.

I thought that asmos had to wait longer in queue because we had more numbers, but it seems like there are no more players then. Hahahaahah

Not sure of the cause, it just says" waiting for opponent group formation", usually for over an hour on IS Elyos side.

On Siel Elyos side it's really fast to get into Dredge even if you are late in the session. I usually try on IS first, and if I don't get in before the last half hour, I jump over to Siel and almost always get in. I presume when the servers merge it should be roughly similar.

You should find solutions to make people stay in this game..not merging the servers. Siel aura is an impediment for many players, the price of it is too high for what they've been given.  I don t know about the population on IS server, but on Siel, there's only 1 party in the chat, and like 7 people in Reshanta. You can't see a player roaming around in the other maps. Game's dead, and you failed to bring it back to life these months you've been warned about it.

1 hour ago, Nesuferit said:

You should find solutions to make people stay in this game..not merging the servers. Siel aura is an impediment for many players, the price of it is too high for what they've been given.  I don t know about the population on IS server, but on Siel, there's only 1 party in the chat, and like 7 people in Reshanta. You can't see a player roaming around in the other maps. Game's dead, and you failed to bring it back to life these months you've been warned about it.

The server merge is necessary, the damage to IS has gone too far to recover it.

Yes the price of the subscription is too high, that's the main reason people have left both servers.

10 hours ago, Zarbi said:

The server merge is necessary, the damage to IS has gone too far to recover it.

Yes the price of the subscription is too high, that's the main reason people have left both servers.

The main reason most people quit is because ncsoft sucks in general. They react too little, too slowly. The subscription price is an aside from that. Even if the game was $1.00 people would still have quit.

9 hours ago, Stormwing said:

@Zarbi:
Most players I talked to about quitting left due to the lack of management and non existent communication and not mainly because of the subscription price.

Same thing, perceived value for money is poor. Even WoW is cheaper sub than Classic,  and has bucket loads of R&D and support.

NCwest priced the product incorrectly.

Edited by Zarbi

On 12/31/2021 at 1:49 AM, Cnc said:

That's unfortunate... game no longer worth playing I guess because NCSoft will not do anything to change that I dont think.  See ya later guys have fun

@Kibbelz Well its been a few weeks now is there some new information coming on the server merge.  Now hearing that the Asmos are super dominant (badly) on the Siel server and there are very few Elyos left on IS my guess the merge is not about helping to balance things but more about giving Asmos more Elyos to kill.  I guess there will be no long any reason for Elyos to play this game longer.    Good luck with that See ya guys later

4 hours ago, HeartStrings-DN said:

That's unfortunate... game no longer worth playing I guess because NCSoft will not do anything to change that I dont think.  See ya later guys have fun

@Kibbelz Well its been a few weeks now is there some new information coming on the server merge.  Now hearing that the Asmos are super dominant (badly) on the Siel server and there are very few Elyos left on IS my guess the merge is not about helping to balance things but more about giving Asmos more Elyos to kill.  I guess there will be no long any reason for Elyos to play this game longer.    Good luck with that See ya guys later

The balance on an individual level appears to be getting better, but asmos have a massive advantage in AP and a lot of those big earners are still around. So when you face them in dredge it is rough. The biggest issue I see is elyos participation have fallen off a cliff for sieges relative to asmos.

The merge might get Elyos enough players to make it competitive, as Elyos are not that far behind Asmos in reality.

21 hours ago, Darob said:

The balance on an individual level appears to be getting better, but asmos have a massive advantage in AP and a lot of those big earners are still around. So when you face them in dredge it is rough. The biggest issue I see is elyos participation have fallen off a cliff for sieges relative to asmos.

The merge might get Elyos enough players to make it competitive, as Elyos are not that far behind Asmos in reality.

On IS siege participation is a joke.

Dredge is a problem because not enough Asmos enter, only high geared same people each session and they get AP for even more gear, it's totally screwed up.

Siel is way better, I Dredge on both each day, and there is no comparison, to the point where I suggest Elyos on IS roll a Siel toon and forget about Dredge on IS until after the servers merge, then you can pick up where you left off.