Forums

ETA on 1.7?

Akuman

Hello @Kibbelz

Can you please confirm when 1.7 will be released? NCsoft delayed 1.5 for months in some weird attempt to help a dead server.

Please don't do it again with 1.7, it would have been nice to get 1.7 this past week, as that didn't happen can we expect an announcement it will come out with the new daeva pass next month?

After 1.5 was released the January Deava pass was my guess when 1.7 would drop and this deava pass is an extra week long so maybe that points towards 1.7 on Jan. 12th. But if it doesn't launch then it seems like Feb.

With that said, 1.7 seems extremely minor as just another way to farm AP relics which doesn't seem like much content to bring anybody back or retain individuals (likely better to just fix sieges to retain customers). If I was part of NCwest I would push 1.9 simultaneously as 1.7 and let that patch ride for ~5-6 months before 2.0 launches ~June.  Patch 1.9 has the potential to retain and bring back individuals and then set the expectation for the playerbase of when 2.0 will come. 

3 hours ago, Darob said:

After 1.5 was released the January Deava pass was my guess when 1.7 would drop and this deava pass is an extra week long so maybe that points towards 1.7 on Jan. 12th. But if it doesn't launch then it seems like Feb.

With that said, 1.7 seems extremely minor as just another way to farm AP relics which doesn't seem like much content to bring anybody back or retain individuals (likely better to just fix sieges to retain customers). If I was part of NCwest I would push 1.9 simultaneously as 1.7 and let that patch ride for ~5-6 months before 2.0 launches ~June.  Patch 1.9 has the potential to retain and bring back individuals and then set the expectation for the playerbase of when 2.0 will come. 

1.7 is not minor,  lots of people have left the game because they continuously loose in Dredge to high geared groups, which deliberately select weak opponents, by spying on the other faction entering, in effect cheating.  If you are not in one of those cheating groups, you loose.

That leaves the weaker groups to get not much more than the inadequate 500AP, so starts the PvP gear inequality.

The 1.7 fort instances give an alternate source of AP, this is critical to the health of the game.

7 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

1.7 is not minor,  lots of people have left the game because they continuously loose in Dredge to high geared groups, which deliberately select weak opponents, by spying on the other faction entering, in effect cheating.  If you are not in one of those cheating groups, you loose.

That leaves the weaker groups to get not much more than the inadequate 500AP, so starts the PvP gear inequality.

The 1.7 fort instances give an alternate source of AP, this is critical to the health of the game.

I've actually quit until then myself. It's not a huge content boost, but it's a really good way to farm additional AP, especially if you're fed or buy feeds. Gap closer for a lot of people like this is a good thing.

4 minutes ago, Adla said:

I've actually quit until then myself. It's not a huge content boost, but it's a really good way to farm additional AP, especially if you're fed or buy feeds. Gap closer for a lot of people like this is a good thing.

Especially when you need almost 50,000  AP just to buy the 3 greater stigmas, let alone abyss gear. Try earning that at 500AP per Dredge loss.

16 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

Especially when you need almost 50,000  AP just to buy the 3 greater stigmas, let alone abyss gear. Try earning that at 500AP per Dredge loss.

Inb4 no lifers and ap traders come in saying it's easy to do

1 hour ago, Cyfur said:

Good point. I myself will be interested to see how much an AP feed will cost.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived