Weekly Server Maintenance - December 15, 2021

Arctic

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas,

Maintenance for tomorrow on Aion Classic will begin again at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC). Servers should resume approximately 3 hours 45 minutes later and include the following changes:

• Fixed some issues with Shugo Game
    • Including an issue where speed boosting items were incorrectly providing a boost inside the instance

We will also making temporary changes to Siege HP values once again. There are permanent fixes which are scheduled to be delivered in January, along with what we think are a couple big changes, so hang tight!

Thank you!

REALLY?

DID YOU COPY AND PASTE THIS FROM THE CLASSIC SECTION????

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

ABSOLUTELY NO nyerkS GIVEN TO RETAIL I GUESS

42 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas,

Maintenance for tomorrow on Aion Classic will begin again at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC). Servers should resume approximately 3 hours 45 minutes later and include the following changes:

@Kibbelz
DId you just copy pasta Classic maintenance !?!? 
Dude drop that blunt and get ur stuff together !!!

Where my snow balls event !?!?!?

sFZOSEy.gif

No event? At this point I guess you just don't care about retail because you copy-pasted the maintenance notes, only milking whales (ONE legion) is the reason this server is still on, also your gameguard lasted like 2 days and everyone is cheating again (bots, no-ani, glide, etc) terrible admin keep killing this game and the few ppl still play it

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas,

• Fixed some issues with Shugo Game
    • Including an issue where speed boosting items were incorrectly providing a boost inside the instance

We will also making temporary changes to Siege HP values once again. There are permanent fixes which are scheduled to be delivered in January, along with what we think are a couple big changes, so hang tight!

Thank you!

@Kibbelz you posted classic maintenance in Live version. Not sure if you knew.

I have my suspicions that Loki and Kibbelz might just have really skewed perspectives since they've only been with us since, what, 6.0 ish? And that was like, genuinely the worst Aion has ever been- maybe these rather crummy events seem pretty good to them compared to literally no events at all? 

I think it would help if they did some research, browsed some archives and such, and saw not only other region's current events, but NA's history and saw that in previous patches, there really were a variety of highly rewarding events for all sorts of playstyles. It's also good to observe trends in feedback- my personal observations

Dislike:

• Faction in-fighting (world bosses/event bosses, limited event mobs, KS-ing)
  • Exclusively P2W/P2P (people want to at least participate in events, even if they can't get max rewards without spending- think free dice rolls on Shugo Sweep)
  • Outdated or out of touch rewards (Ancient enchants/manastones/transformations in a patch where you are expected to be full Ulti, AP relics in a patch where nothing costs AP)
  • Full AFK
  • Excessively grindy (kill count quests that were created for regions with auto-hunt, low drop rates)
  • Timed rewards (7 day enchantment stones of any kind are the worst)

Enjoy:

• Proactive events (running instances, PVP, group content)
  • Cosmetics (skins, motions, mounts, furniture)
  • Legendary transformations (complete collections, combine for Ulti or apostles, daily usage)
  • Account-locked alt utilization (more goodies for your main, without having to no life on alt accounts and without getting thrashed by people who do no life it)
  • Patch-relevant gear enhancement (high grade enchantment stones, gem, and runestones, runes, skin skills)

This post was so good you should consider putting it in the suggestions thread for DEVs. Half the time when I contact NC they tell me to do this. It would be nice if our forum admins actually actioned a post such as this rather than just locking threads and deleting posts at will.

1 hour ago, Gallium-DN said:

@Kibbelz and anyone else from Staff.... Can you please confirm that the Kerub growth quests deadline has been intentionally extended? Support informed me of this, but they are not always in the loop when it comes to events and such, so they cannot always be expected to be a reliable source of information.

Kerub Quest series is never removed, when the timer went off in Kr they got 8.2 where they got kerub 2 series.

To start Kerub 2 series you need to have finished kerub 1 first, in KR they already have it. So even in 8.2 you still need to do the basic kerub gear series. It is part of 8.x

On 12/17/2021 at 3:26 PM, Arhangelos said:

Kerub Quest series is never removed, when the timer went off in Kr they got 8.2 where they got kerub 2 series.

To start Kerub 2 series you need to have finished kerub 1 first, in KR they already have it. So even in 8.2 you still need to do the basic kerub gear series. It is part of 8.x

Oh, that's interesting. Thanks for the information! Hopefully our side will do the same thing. After-all, if you're a new player or making a new character, the Kerub gear far outclasses the Sovereign and Heartguard gear.

22 minutes ago, Gallium-DN said:

Oh, that's interesting. Thanks for the information! Hopefully our side will do the same thing. After-all, if you're a new player or making a new character, the Kerub gear far outclasses the Sovereign and Heartguard gear.

Yes, if you play at 8.0 and you do not have kerub you can't do much.

Archived