Post Server Merge Name Policy

Padma-DN

After 6+ years of using the name Padmarashka on my glad  and main character I’ve been strong armed by Aion customer service out of this name. So that someone can have it on an alt they never use. This is Aion’s Policy because they don’t care if people lose their main character names and they wanna spend as little time as possible actually looking into these matters thoroughly. So, slow clap for you NCSOFT, you’re doing great!

I got a couple names "stolen" from me on my alts. Not that it matters that much, but i just took names that were available after testing  the name I had before. I even have some alts
with the name change ticket still. All this started with those who pick a different name than what they had before. @ those 75s/mains that you know had a different name before. 

I undertand your frustration. Unfortunatelly if that person used the name first and is still active is not so much it can be done. Maybe if you find him, you can talk to him and see if he wants to give you that name. But if he sended a ticket complaining about the name and support gave him the ownership, he already know that somebody else wanted the name and does not care about that. 

About stolen games, I think it was too obvious for many of us, but remember that the people working on NA-NCSoft never play the game so they are unable to understand how the community works. 

- A lot of players started the game with a funny or joking name and some time later they liked the game and the name wasn´t so nice for them at than moment.
- Some players have many alts (and do not care to waste the names from some of them) and they think that is funny to annoy other players by stealing their names or creating a similar name. 
- There are alot of players that after some time playing made a really bad reputation for their names. Some of them are drama queens, some of them are cheaters, some of them use to fight with everyone, some of them had a really bad behavior on their legions and damaged them. Usually those players, after ruining their name in many groups, have to make a fresh start with an unknow toon, or in a new server and play for some time until they ruin that name too. But with the merge they have the chance to clean all the reputation for all their toons. So they took new names. They are active, they have many toons. So many names to take. 

I checked both sides of the game multiple times during off and peak hours and they appear to never be logged in. 

Just to further explain, the night of merge I got my name and was using it up until Thursday when my legion mate asked me why the legion ledger showed my name was force changed. I checked my email and I had the email from NC. They even scolded me for taking their name. And while trying to get answers they just told me to be “understanding” and that the person was an “eligible” player.

It took me messaging Cyan on here to find out they had it longer but I believe this is a case where this character even though it may be played less the other player had it longer so the black and white policy the NC created favors them. I asked why there wasn’t a first come first serve policy in cases of years of name use just like when new characters are created but they obviously don’t want to reverse their action here. 

In the end I just wanted to vent my frustration that even though I’ve had the name for years and I do buy NCOIN every once in a while and I have prestige they don’t seem to care about any of that.

And I think everyone understands the frustration, but the system worked as intended. The person who had the name longer gets to keep the name (as long as both characters were over 65). I am sure there were a lot of people who were more active than the person who is now using their name, but that wasn't part of the consideration for ownership of a name. I truly wish it had been and said as much at the time.. that ranking should have been part of the consideration.

Archived