8.0 looked good on paper

Arhangelos

8.0 looked good and promising

--> No need to do exclusive hardcore pve instances that nobody can do just to get geared, instead an open world questing system and the items are both pvp and pve so no need to have extra sets and have to switch every time you face an opponent in open field while you pve.

--> No perma locked items, with wraps you can start trading the gear, even the older ones from pre-8.0 era. This gave a vibe of the old aion where things were tradeable (and later wrappable as well in 5.x)

~

In reality what happened is that p2w people got geared literally within 1~2 weeks especially when wraps were sold in BCM, and they got bored the next 1~2 weeks of being perma geared. Apsaranta is a dessert, both in looks and in population.

Non p2w players might still have no items (so far I have 1 mystic cloth item, the tunic, all others are not for my class, I am one step before completing my chain mystic set in item collections seriously and still only ONE mystic cloth item)

There is 0 content after getting geared, pvp instances are obsolete, siege is siege as usual, pve is now open world quests and that is it. Whatever you can get you get it either super easily or you still can't get it at all or it might be exclusive to a big zerg legion.

~

Our version lacks these:

1. Apostle Transformation acquisition, KR people already have all collections and all events needed for it.
  2. No auto-hunt in a game based around it like: cubicles, drops and XP.
    ...also no customization to address this, like increase drop rate of cubicles and drops. Or bring us a permanent auto hunt map like we already had one as an event that provides XP too because we need XP marks for a lot of things.
  3. Special platinum boss cubicles are still not available even though pve instances are semi-obsolete for actual gear.
  4. Yornforged... I never dealt with it and most people that dealt with it regret it.
  5. Paragon is still not a thing, in KR people walk around with +9 paragon sets.
  6. Events are now gone for good, after 12th anniversary there is literally no event worth doing and it seems this is going to be the new norm.
    Christmas is supposed to be the event-happy season, we pretty much got nothing. And the faux-events we get have rewards like food and drinks!
  7. Skins are nowhere to be seen, in 8.2 they have the new wardrobe system but we have no skins here and never will. There is no way it slipped them all these years of us asking for them. If they didn't do it already even just for the money grab, they will not do it in the future for any current or future reason. I am not sure if they just do not care about the easiest thing (skins) or if this is some sort of stubbornness on someone who is in charge thinking our model is the best just being a naked version of the actual Aion.

~~~

At this point I wish NCWest only translated KR->EN and publish, even the regional changes that benefit us could go away if that is what it means for us to get the real aion at last.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

8.0 looked good and promising

--> No need to do exclusive hardcore pve instances that nobody can do just to get geared, instead an open world questing system and the items are both pvp and pve so no need to have extra sets and have to switch every time you face an opponent in open field while you pve.

--> No perma locked items, with wraps you can start trading the gear, even the older ones from pre-8.0 era. This gave a vibe of the old aion where things were tradeable (and later wrappable as well in 5.x)

~

In reality what happened is that p2w people got geared literally within 1~2 weeks especially when wraps were sold in BCM, and they got bored the next 1~2 weeks of being perma geared. Apsaranta is a dessert, both in looks and in population.

Non p2w players might still have no items (so far I have 1 mystic cloth item, the tunic, all others are not for my class, I am one step before completing my chain mystic set in item collections seriously and still only ONE mystic cloth item)

There is 0 content after getting geared, pvp instances are obsolete, siege is siege as usual, pve is now open world quests and that is it. Whatever you can get you get it either super easily or you still can't get it at all or it might be exclusive to a big zerg legion.

~

Our version lacks these:

1. Apostle Transformation acquisition, KR people already have all collections and all events needed for it.
    ...also no customization to address this, like increase drop rate of cubicles and drops. Or bring us a permanent auto hunt map like we already had one as an event that provides XP too because we need XP marks for a lot of things.
  3. Special platinum boss cubicles are still not available even though pve instances are semi-obsolete for actual gear.
  4. Yornforged... I never dealt with it and most people that dealt with it regret it.
  6. Events are now gone for good, after 12th anniversary there is literally no event worth doing and it seems this is going to be the new norm.
    Christmas is supposed to be the event-happy season, we pretty much got nothing. And the faux-events we get have rewards like food and drinks!
  7. Skins are nowhere to be seen, in 8.2 they have the new wardrobe system but we have no skins here and never will. There is no way it slipped them all these years of us asking for them. If they didn't do it already even just for the money grab, they will not do it in the future for any current or future reason. I am not sure if they just do not care about the easiest thing (skins) or if this is some sort of stubbornness on someone who is in charge thinking our model is the best just being a naked version of the actual Aion.

~~~

At this point I wish NCWest only translated KR->EN and publish, even the regional changes that benefit us could go away if that is what it means for us to get the real aion at last.

Just an honest question. You read the patch notes about 8.0 and really thought it looked good on paper? After finding out the boxes containing the new pvp items were random and you couldn't reroll I said gg patch is bad.. Because that's a horrible feature. Then it went more downhill with the wrapping scrolls because the shugo that sells them does not appear 100% of the time and the shugo spawn time is 2 hrs?  You didn't see how that was a horrible idea as well after that event we had where items were sold out in seconds due to people using vanilla tools etc? I mean I could go on and on about everything else but like I stated in another thread this patch had no creativity behind it. It is like they made it to get rid of the people left on retail and it's working. 8.2 isn't better either.. Even popular former retail streamers like Better glad from KR no longer posts retail videos. Only classic. Just asking and I understand your opinion is your opinion. I am not here to argue.

50 minutes ago, Briearios said:

Just an honest question. You read the patch notes about 8.0 and really thought it looked good on paper? After finding out the boxes containing the new pvp items were random and you couldn't reroll I said gg patch is bad.. Because that's a horrible feature. Then it went more downhill with the wrapping scrolls because the shugo that sells them does not appear 100% of the time and the shugo spawn time is 2 hrs?  You didn't see how that was a horrible idea as well after that event we had where items were sold out in seconds due to people using vanilla tools etc? I mean I could go on and on about everything else but like I stated in another thread this patch had no creativity behind it. It is like they made it to get rid of the people left on retail and it's working. 8.2 isn't better either.. Even popular former retail streamers like Better glad from KR no longer posts retail videos. Only classic. Just asking and I understand your opinion is your opinion. I am not here to argue.

The patch notes didn't dig too many details and we can never have a full image until we actually play the patch.

When I read that wraps would make the items tradeable and that you could get wraps from a shugo that spawns randomly, I didn't know the other limitations unless it was stated and I missed it in the patch notes, I obviously didn't know how awful the wrapping system would be, nor that it would be a BCM item for p2w people to get geared in 1 week.

It did look good on paper that I could finally get items because in 7.x I couldn't get any item, they were predominantly acquired via hard mode instances that I never did since I am a soloer... and they still had RNG on them.

8.0 still looks more promising than 7.x for me because 1 item is still more than 0 that I got in 7.x, but in general the wrapping system and the bcm sales made p2w people quit instantly once they got the icing on the top too fast.

9 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

8.0 is crap with all the little things from previous patches all piling up. 

I find 8.0 to be better than 7.0 because 8.0 is like 7.x with less hard mode instances being the necessity.

But the fact 7.x rendered the whole pvp part useless and then 8.0 simplified the gearing too much, that made the p2w and normal players play two different games. P2W was never THAT fast to give people the end game, all because of the wrapping system being sold in bcm.

Once you gear also there is literally nothing to do with your new gear other than competing for the sake of competing.

3 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

The patch notes didn't dig too many details and we can never have a full image until we actually play the patch.

When I read that wraps would make the items tradeable and that you could get wraps from a shugo that spawns randomly, I didn't know the other limitations unless it was stated and I missed it in the patch notes, I obviously didn't know how awful the wrapping system would be, nor that it would be a BCM item for p2w people to get geared in 1 week.

It did look good on paper that I could finally get items because in 7.x I couldn't get any item, they were predominantly acquired via hard mode instances that I never did since I am a soloer... and they still had RNG on them.

8.0 still looks more promising than 7.x for me because 1 item is still more than 0 that I got in 7.x, but in general the wrapping system and the bcm sales made p2w people quit instantly once they got the icing on the top too fast.

Well as soon as I heard about the patch I did research. Found out what I did and decided this patch was not going to be good for the game. I am also solo 99% of the time. I am a cleric so it works out for me. Can get groups easily and can solo things. I also have done those quests in both regions but more so on EU because  of friends but even now those people are tired of the game and some quit and others are thinking about quitting like I am and going to do in the next few days. All my very good NA friends left years ago which is ironic because they were die hard Aion fans. Whatever problems I saw in the game they justified it but here I am still kind of playing it and they never once came back. Good for them.

One of the things Ncsoft constantly did and never learned from is introducing activities that never accounted for faction balance. Good luck to asmos on both NA and EU on getting the skills books from the world boss. EU asmos can't kill the boss either because they are grossly outnumbered and elyos take it everytime in a matter of minutes. I lost my liking for Aion when 5.0 came and saw this game had no future. Years of patches and here comes a patch when if you fail an enchantment, the gear is destroyed.. I don't know what discounted, off brand, not FDA approved weed that dev was smoking but okay.

Either way I am quitting in a few days it's about time.. Wasted a lot of time on this game but thankfully not money. Not bashing anyone who spent money. You do you.

16 minutes ago, Briearios said:

Well as soon as I heard about the patch I did research. Found out what I did and decided this patch was not going to be good for the game. I am also solo 99% of the time. I am a cleric so it works out for me. Can get groups easily and can solo things. I also have done those quests in both regions but more so on EU because  of friends but even now those people are tired of the game and some quit and others are thinking about quitting like I am and going to do in the next few days. All my very good NA friends left years ago which is ironic because they were die hard Aion fans. Whatever problems I saw in the game they justified it but here I am still kind of playing it and they never once came back. Good for them.

One of the things Ncsoft constantly did and never learned from is introducing activities that never accounted for faction balance. Good luck to asmos on both NA and EU on getting the skills books from the world boss. EU asmos can't kill the boss either because they are grossly outnumbered and elyos take it everytime in a matter of minutes. I lost my liking for Aion when 5.0 came and saw this game had no future. Years of patches and here comes a patch when if you fail an enchantment, the gear is destroyed.. I don't know what discounted, off brand, not FDA approved weed that dev was smoking but okay.

Either way I am quitting in a few days it's about time.. Wasted a lot of time on this game but thankfully not money. Not bashing anyone who spent money. You do you.

I stopped being super active in aion the last 2 years too. I play other games, I do not treat aion as "my game", I log in out of habit doing the easy stuff and then try a thing or two, if they work good, if not I do not mind.

I play a lot of other games too periodically, trying things etc.

9 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

Desert ≠  Dessert :D

damn English, one "s" changes the whole thing

I think you were hungry when writing that.

Overall I agree that the patch didn’t really met our expectations but for me it’s rather a fault of bad management from NC like no events and no feedback.

19 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

Our version lacks these:

Every region has had the Apostle Transforms, particularly the newer (but still old as heck from back in 7.5) ones, be more widely available than NA has ;-;

20 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

Literally this ^ Forest of Life being a permenant NA custom feature immediately fixes the mountain of molehill issues which have plagued NA since 7.5. Making it perma rather than event also removes the sense of obligation that comes with timed exclusives. Even if permenant implementation cannot be guaranteed at this time, the event should be re-activated immediately and indefinitely.

Pretty unapprochable for recently returned or new players. The EXP mark cost would be greatly balanced by a permenant Forest of Life; since the system was designed to cost EXP marks proportionate to what KR players (who have permenant autohunt for EXP marks) have. Not the greatest injustice of this or the last few patches, and not impossible or unreasonable to achieve, but certainly not happy that it's designed to be botted for and we don't have access to that bot system. Hurts more to work harder just for the fail proc.

In NA people are walking around with +9 sets; if you want to pursue it for free you can get 10x Paragon Enchantment Stones via renown vendors in the 2 easiest regions to level renown in. Pretty sure the stone bags they produce are both brokerable and acc. warehouse storeable, so with alts you're lookin at 120 Paragon stones per week. The only major hurtle at that point is RNG 😕

6. Events are now gone for good, after 12th anniversary there is literally no event worth doing and it seems this is going to be the new norm. Christmas is supposed to be the event-happy season, we pretty much got nothing. And the faux-events we get have rewards like food and drinks!

After the 12th Anniversary? That event was dead too ._. NCW removed the only good reward and thus the dreamworld was dead silent with no one participating in any of the activities, in stark painful contrast to the 11th anniversary. My tinfoil hat take on the events recently is to point out that we havent had a rewarding event since Classic released. Coincidence? Maybe. NCW Stretched too thin? Maybe. Either way it is insane to me that they skipped snowballs this year when it is a guaranteed money maker. Normally an advocate for f2p events but damn, NCW has really been sleeping on a lot of opportunity and community outcry. Black Friday Sale is the closest we had to a rewarding event, but that was literally a sale which just happened to include relevent items the likes of which we havent seen in events.

^-THIS-^ The problem is that neither @Kibbelznor @Lokiworked for the Aion Team pre-6.0 (which is when all our skin outlets were destroyed). I doubt they have any concept of how many skins were available to us at all times completely for free via outlets like the luna crafting. It wasnt a couple sets being rotated, it was a HUGE pool of permenant skins, mounts, furniture, decorations, EMOTES, IDLE ANIMATIONS, and costumes. There were bi-weekly costume rotations on the BCM. There were NPCs who sold skins in the Gallery of Heroes, and in Oriel/Pernon, and in Sanctum/Pandae.

When we ask for all these things it probably seems like a big ask to them or that we are just shotgunning all the things we want at once, but it is barely a FRACTION of what we HAD for years before 6.0. To someone who joined Aion with 6.0, the cosmetic availability we have now blows it out of the water. But it couldn't even be called a drop in the ocean of what we had for years and years and years before 6.0 came.

We have excel spreadsheets showing our old luna craft tables; just put those in, or put them in the Gold Sand Trader skin tab, or put them in Abyssal Splinter vendors, or shotgun them onto the BCM. I know for a fact those items still exist in the game builds because I have them. Aion 5.8's (2018) BCM had permenant skins dating back to like 2010 Aion. There were multiple pages that you had to click through, and we were promised by NCW when the BCM was wiped for 6.0 that they would make their way back on and they never lived up to it. We were promised by NCW that the Gold Sand Traders would have more costumes added and rotated through but they did not deliver.

It's sad how little cosmetics are fought for these days compared to 6.0; not because the demand decreased but because the playerbase has concluded that NCW will never answer the pleas. A culture of not even bothering to complain about it anymore poisons so many burning issues with the game. It's especially sad that our cynical take in 2018 was that NCW would remove all free skins and charge us for them via BCM and that was our concept of evil; now we beg for it because anything is better than the nothing they have given back to us.

2 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

In NA people are walking around with +9 sets; if you want to pursue it for free you can get 10x Paragon Enchantment Stones via renown vendors in the 2 easiest regions to level renown in. Pretty sure the stone bags they produce are both brokerable and acc. warehouse storeable, so with alts you're lookin at 120 Paragon stones per week. The only major hurtle at that point is RNG

They are not brokerable but paragon gear is both brokerable and account wh storable, so it is easy to do with alts on the main account without the use of broker. Also you need renown level 9 for this in Gelk/Inggi and Lakrum. To reach an alt from 1 to level 9 renown you need about half a year of doing the weeklies in Gelk/Ingi, not the fastest thing to do but once you do it, it is easy to keep it.

--> The problem is we do not have upgraded paragon gear stats that come with 8.0 so it makes it useless to even try. Also those enchants can break the item upon failure, so we need a way to be able to farm blessed enchants too or turn the normal enchants to blessed ones via a crafting method.

I personally have like 100 paragon enchants on my main, an alt in the same account that reached gelkmaros renown 9 also has like 50 scrolls ready to be turned into paragon enchants when I need them. But I won't even try it because once the items break there is no way to get new ones unless we get a new Tiamaranta event for paragons.

After the 12th Anniversary? That event was dead too ._. NCW removed the only good reward and thus the dreamworld was dead silent with no one participating in any of the activities, in stark painful contrast to the 11th anniversary. My tinfoil hat take on the events recently is to point out that we havent had a rewarding event since Classic released. Coincidence? Maybe. NCW Stretched too thin? Maybe. Either way it is insane to me that they skipped snowballs this year when it is a guaranteed money maker. Normally an advocate for f2p events but damn, NCW has really been sleeping on a lot of opportunity and community outcry. Black Friday Sale is the closest we had to a rewarding event, but that was literally a sale which just happened to include relevent items the likes of which we havent seen in events.

"After the 12th anniversary events" I phrased it wrongly

-> "Since the 12th anniversary events", because they started the awful norm of awful events.

Either way it is insane to me that they skipped snowballs this year .

...Snow Balls event was like a tradition and they didn't bring it this year. One of the few awesome events to ever exist, simple and profitable.

The problem is that neither @Kibbelznor @Lokiworked for the Aion Team pre-6.0 (which is when all our skin outlets were destroyed). I doubt they have any concept of how many skins were available to us at all times completely for free via outlets like the luna crafting. It wasnt a couple sets being rotated, it was a HUGE pool of permenant skins, mounts, furniture, decorations, EMOTES, IDLE ANIMATIONS, and costumes. There were bi-weekly costume rotations on the BCM. There were NPCs who sold skins in the Gallery of Heroes, and in Oriel/Pernon, and in Sanctum/Pandae.

When we ask for all these things it probably seems like a big ask to them or that we are just shotgunning all the things we want at once, but it is barely a FRACTION of what we HAD for years before 6.0. To someone who joined Aion with 6.0, the cosmetic availability we have now blows it out of the water. But it couldn't even be called a drop in the ocean of what we had for years and years and years before 6.0 came.

We have excel spreadsheets showing our old luna craft tables; just put those in, or put them in the Gold Sand Trader skin tab, or put them in Abyssal Splinter vendors, or shotgun them onto the BCM. I know for a fact those items still exist in the game builds because I have them. Aion 5.8's (2018) BCM had permenant skins dating back to like 2010 Aion. There were multiple pages that you had to click through, and we were promised by NCW when the BCM was wiped for 6.0 that they would make their way back on and they never lived up to it. We were promised by NCW that the Gold Sand Traders would have more costumes added and rotated through but they did not deliver.

It's sad how little cosmetics are fought for these days compared to 6.0; not because the demand decreased but because the playerbase has concluded that NCW will never answer the pleas. A culture of not even bothering to complain about it anymore poisons so many burning issues with the game. It's especially sad that our cynical take in 2018 was that NCW would remove all free skins and charge us for them via BCM and that was our concept of evil; now we beg for it because anything is better than the nothing they have given back to us.

As for skins, they only need to copy-paste the RU implementation. all bosses in pve instances drop some "magic crystals" that you can go to an npc and trade those for old sets and skins. It has all the good 5-piece sets as well as single skin types since the beginning of aion.

I myself did a post here long time ago:
https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/7990-skins-in-russia-skins-wear-you/

Quoting my post:
"They have everything from Tac Officers, innocent Aris, Jotuns, Rank sets, Lunatic items, prowes sets, Reian sets, Seraph set, Danuar sets, Ambassador, Ophidan, themed sets... a ton of them which I can't even list them all.

They have emotes and motion cards, mounts, pets, a ton of those too."

-Paragon: 
 You need gears to make special stone ... GL getting them at 400m each when you need around 100 to try get +9

-Yornforge :
Someone point at me if you look at broker... Always same people who sell those weapon and those people are flying hack in PF on multi  account to kill last boss...  Everyone who do yornforge weapon end up quiting the game cause of burnout mostly 

-Event
  Ncsoft probably dint give Snowballs event cause you know what ... Anyone who play this game for years know always train of bots pickup snow  balls on 9000   account.  Only way for ncsoft deal with bots its make they game not a game... Cant trade stuff , cant farm open world for kinah or  loot, everything we get lock behind  event and  p2w cause of bots ... Nothing new here !!! 

-Auto-hunt:
Same story bots again ncsoft prefer hurt us than give hope to those bots...

-Transformation:
Lock behind p2w again ... Just look those transformation we supose to have... Where our 20k hp collection .. all those crit resistance we supose get from  Aposlte... We basicly playing a game who not Aion cause we dont have all feature of it...

-Skin:
Please dont get me start it on that ... That same story with no christmas event... Feel like ncsoft doing everything they can to close this game...How hard you think  will be to put Weapon/Armor skin every week on bcm and make EASY MONEY..
                        THey probably know if the game make money they will need take care of it !!!

giphy-downsized.gif

because people like to cry over something that doesn’t make sense yet they don’t realize that they all don’t give a damn about everybody crying two months ago now they’re coming back from their vacation they put on a p2w event and they’re all happy giving thanks then back the bad events and all crying to the forum,I left aion 8.2 more than 6 months ago and I went to play euroaion I always go in and look for something interesting and always the same story open to who likes and who does not but for my aion I stopped being what I was in 6.0,And the truth is that I have a much better time and there is no need to cry every week for masks for the collecting events and for how the thing is going kr that have been in 8.2 for a long time now all indicates that they have run out of ideas stop crying and if they like it aion there are many servers with patches where if it was cute and you didn’t need so many collectors and you didn’t have to spend 2 hours to do missions of the new set and you leave for another class

1 hour ago, Musikero said:

Sad that NCShift wont event read any of this , tons of ancient transformation we still missing and lack of hp points no explanation or anything it just sucks that we can't enjoy what the rest of the world of aion servers are having. If aion retail closed there is one person is the only one to blame its kibbelz upon his arrival to this game everything went dark events are just pay to win, I mean he just perform and listen to us for just 1 week of his entire existance. Possibly might offend them again but its true.

Kibbelz is nothing but a community manager, not even a GM as far as I know. He is the middle man, the postman that get shot upon delivery of bad news.

And yes we still lack the two ancient cat transforms for the HP collection bonus! The problem is they go to great lengths to reduce our version while they could simply translate it and publish it.

17 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

Kibbelz is nothing but a community manager, not even a GM as far as I know. He is the middle man, the postman that get shot upon delivery of bad news.

And yes we still lack the two ancient cat transforms for the HP collection bonus! The problem is they go to great lengths to reduce our version while they could simply translate it and publish it.

well as you can see if his a good middle man aion community can grow more and more events will bring back people together and get them interested again like cyan was doing when he got his hand. Yeah probably not the only one to blame but the game went dark when he arrives to us. Even snowball event is gone . 

Archived