Server Consolidation Details

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone!

We just published an article regarding the upcoming Server Consolidation, and wanted to share it here for your benefit as well.

Please review the details around this consolidation (which is quite similar to any other merges you may have been a part of on Aion), and we'll do our best to answer any additional questions.

Thanks!

https://www.aiononline.com/news/siel-israphel-consolidation

18 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone!

We just published an article regarding the upcoming Server Consolidation, and wanted to share it here for your benefit as well.

Please review the details around this consolidation (which is quite similar to any other merges you may have been a part of on Aion), and we'll do our best to answer any additional questions.

Thanks!

https://www.aiononline.com/news/siel-israphel-consolidation

Thank you,

Han

• Aion Team
16 hours ago, 1s26A418 said:

Will all of the Deitys have their HP values adjusted, like there had been done for Siel East?

We'll continue manually adjusting Siege HP values until the permanent fix is deployed.

12 minutes ago, 66sB2F50 said:

why can't I delete my Asmodian character? (lvl5) 
I already wanted to make things easier for myself, but something went wrong, right?

is that a intention of NC/Aion Team?

do not know what happened, after several entries went and that
  multiple changes from the server it worked to delete the character ... omg😅

So People ask for drop rate increase for Draupnir cave and Adma/Tlabs and you only make one for Dark Poeta?  Seriously how out of touch are you all.  Like legit looked forward to merge now I could care less.  You seem to constantly not listen to anything people ask you guys.  @Kibbelz@Loki

2 minutes ago, Yoyo said:

So People ask for drop rate increase for Draupnir cave and Adma/Tlabs and you only make one for Dark Poeta?  Seriously how out of touch are you all.  Like legit looked forward to merge now I could care less.  You seem to constantly not listen to anything people ask you guys.  @Kibbelz@Loki

Amen.

Drop rate boost should had been for  all instances , not just DP..

how tf are we suposed to even get our extend when drop rate is like 0.00000000001% on spear 

Thanks for the merge @Kibbelz. It looks like the end event is providing a bonus to Dark Poeta drops and consumables. The problem with the Israphel server was not the lack of Poeta drops and consumables. It was the actual lack of player base which created a lack of every piece of content for four months. There have been many dredgions missed due to lack of players to fill a group, no world PvP, very few sieges and forts held. We have been paying the same amount monthly and spending more time in the game all while gaining less. We spent twice as long forming groups due to lack of available players and have missed out on hundreds of thousands of Abyss Points and hundreds of medals.  Draupnir Cave, Adma Stronghold, Dredgions, Dark Poeta, Fort Sieges all have been doubly time consuming for the same drop rates due to lack of players. This merge event was going to be my last thread of hope if it were to provide a way to catch up on Abyss Points. I'm now even more under-geared than before and far less competitive with no Israphel Progression Balance Compensation package being part of the merge. I've been on a struggle to catch up on Israphel, now to catch up on Siel will still be a struggle with no compensatory gains made for having paid and played so much the last few months. 

42 minutes ago, Sheika said:

Thanks for the merge @Kibbelz. It looks like the end event is providing a bonus to Dark Poeta drops and consumables. The problem with the Israphel server was not the lack of Poeta drops and consumables. It was the actual lack of player base which created a lack of every piece of content for four months. There have been many dredgions missed due to lack of players to fill a group, no world PvP, very few sieges and forts held. We have been paying the same amount monthly and spending more time in the game all while gaining less. We spent twice as long forming groups due to lack of available players and have missed out on hundreds of thousands of Abyss Points and hundreds of medals.  Draupnir Cave, Adma Stronghold, Dredgions, Dark Poeta, Fort Sieges all have been doubly time consuming for the same drop rates due to lack of players. This merge event was going to be my last thread of hope if it were to provide a way to catch up on Abyss Points. I'm now even more under-geared than before and far less competitive with no Israphel Progression Balance Compensation package being part of the merge. I've been on a struggle to catch up on Israphel, now to catch up on Siel will still be a struggle with no compensatory gains made for having paid and played so much the last few months. 

Could have at least given the deficient mergers a set of level 30 Elite Abyss Armor or accessories for the lack of dredgion and PvP content @Kibbelz. Late getting to 50 on a dead server where half my friends list didn't survive to merge due to inaccessible content conditions from low population. Thanks for saying "welcome to merge, now six months behind and just whale your way back up!" Thanks for letting me know not to have high hopes in NC or chapter 2 of Classic. /wave 

3 hours ago, 5s1BAAE9 said:

this is implying you have been adjusting siege HP values multiple times....which is a lie.

They actually did. But they did a terrible job lol.

3 hours ago, DMob-DN said:

Amen.

Drop rate boost should had been for  all instances , not just DP..

how tf are we suposed to even get our extend when drop rate is like 0.00000000001% on spear 

Yes please. OMFG! Commander Bakarma and Lannok's drop rates are a joke.

when I read there was going to be a drop rate increase event coming up I was so happy to think I might finally get my lannok weapon.  Why didn't you include all instances in the drop rate increase?  Disappointment yet again :(

Many players complained then quitted because of the siel aura price, you should lower the price of it and see the results. Lots of players are from countries where they get 15 dollars in around a week, they can't afford spending family money on such an expensive game for them. I don't mind the price of siel aura, but this is a big issue for other players. Global crysis, prices going up, value of dollars/ euro rising...you have to consider that too. There's people earning less that 300 dollars a week so 15 dollar is a big deal...You should make the gold pack thing like on eu server....people will still be able to farm items, but won't be able to sell them without having a gold pack...Make a gold pack tradeable/ or siel aura tradeable, so people can buy it with game money, that's how i see it.

7 minutes ago, Nesuferit said:

Many players complained then quitted because of the siel aura price, you should lower the price of it and see the results. Lots of players are from countries where they get 15 dollars in around a week, they can't afford spending family money on such an expensive game for them. I don't mind the price of siel aura, but this is a big issue for other players. Global crysis, prices going up, value of dollars/ euro rising...you have to consider that too. There's people earning less that 300 dollars a week so 15 dollar is a big deal...You should make the gold pack thing like on eu server....people will still be able to farm items, but won't be able to sell them without having a gold pack...Make a gold pack tradeable/ or siel aura tradeable, so people can buy it with game money, that's how i see it.

Yes, I remember seeing a lot of posts when Classic launched, that many people in South America couldn't afford $3.50c US per week to play, it was too much on top of their cost of living.

14 hours ago, Yoyo said:

It is completely baffling

TBH with our population, drop rates of 1.2 dungeons should be permanently raised. Not many even want to run DC/Adma still (not end game for most classes).   Clerics only go there out of kindness for friends, they got nothing to get there.  Or rangers, or sins...  

i don't want to burst anyone's bubble but the population when both servers merge is pretty much going to be the same as players from israphel were pretty much forced to reroll on siel because ncsoft took its sweet time realizing that a server merge was needed when it should have been done by the third month mark of the game being released

i'm thinking you may see 50-100 extra people but that's if people even decide to come back, i think at this point the majority of people who have left aren't coming back especially with the releases of many games to come out in the next few months

13 minutes ago, Azachi-KT said:

i don't want to burst anyone's bubble but the population when both servers merge is pretty much going to be the same as players from israphel were pretty much forced to reroll on siel because ncsoft took its sweet time realizing that a server merge was needed when it should have been done by the third month mark of the game being released

i'm thinking you may see 50-100 extra people but that's if people even decide to come back, i think at this point the majority of people who have left aren't coming back especially with the releases of many games to come out in the next few months

Sadly, you are correct as the increase will likely be 10% of Siel's current population and one would wonder how many of those are bots. The server merge should have been about 3 months ago when Israphel was around or more than Siel's current population and coincided with 1.5 (although Sieges were totally screwed at that time and resulted in a lot of people quitting as well).

As a side comment, looks like my estimate of 1.7 was wrong as I assumed it would be today, so it seems like 1.7 is delayed relative to what Korea had for patch cycles. The only potential silver lining would be if 1.7 is combined with 1.9 and released in the coming weeks or Feb.

Archived