Fading tahabata mark

SPX

9 hours ago, Varys said:

100% this

36 faded marks is insane, 2.0 will be out by then and the weapons basically useless.

This current event is cool, but for those unlucky to not get their Tahabata weapons during it will make it that much harder to get runs in after it ends as most people who have their weapons stop running the 1+ hour instance, which is understandable.

~80-90 runs to get 15 Tahabata faded marks seems within reason

@Kibbelz ?

Exactly. People who have already gotten the weapon won't be willing to spend extra kinah to buy the scales and reset scrolls to help other people during the event. Also, when the event ends, they will not be be willing to spend 1 hour to run this instance. What an irony it is that those people who have done the most runs are the ones without weapons.

@KibbelzAt least make the ceiling reasonable as nobody who already has their weapon is willing to do 100 more runs just to help out friends as it costs tremendous amount of time and money. 36 fading marks must be reduced to less than half.

Please change it to x18 marks or something less than x36 because even x18 you need hundreds of DP runs with hundreds of hours in the same instance. And 18 craft fails already requires 200m Kinah which makes everyone broke... I respect you GMs trying to make the game fun and challenging. I hope this grind can be adjusted for everyone!

17 hours ago, Damage said:

Exactly. People who have already gotten the weapon won't be willing to spend extra kinah to buy the scales and reset scrolls to help other people during the event. Also, when the event ends, they will not be be willing to spend 1 hour to run this instance. What an irony it is that those people who have done the most runs are the ones without weapons.

@KibbelzAt least make the ceiling reasonable as nobody who already has their weapon is willing to do 100 more runs just to help out friends as it costs tremendous amount of time and money. 36 fading marks must be reduced to less than half.

plenty of people are doing it for their legion mates or friends.

I do agree it's a bit high in marks though.

@Varys 2.0 weapons don't make Tahabata "basically useless" please compare the stats. It's only useless if you want best in slot instead of second best in slot.

2 hours ago, 1s26A418 said:

@Varys 2.0 weapons don't make Tahabata "basically useless" please compare the stats. It's only useless if you want best in slot instead of second best in slot.

Will people by and large be running DP Rank S after 2.0 comes out? The answer is no, why is that? At 55 DP is a much easier/faster instance after all. Just like on retail people will many other options that are better.

I'm a sin, and like all other sins I don't care about other classes  :)

So lets look at daggers once 2.0 comes out

1. Master Carved Drenium Dagger

2.  Noble Horned Dragon Emperor's Dagger

3.  Horned Dragon Emperor's Dagger

4. (if your faction can't take opposing factions ing/gelk forts) Master Noble Drenium Dagger

5. Stormwing's Dagger / Flarestorm's Dagger set

Below all of these you have Tahabata's Dagger , now that I've compared the sets as suggested, turns out I was right. #6 is not best in slot or second best last I checked. It would be basically useless in the sense that no sin would ever want to run DP after 2.0 comes out because of far better options.

Back to the topic at hand @Kibbelz any comment on this thread topic?

I think there are a number of adjustments that need to be made. That many Taha runs is too many. I procced my box last night and got my Taha Greatsword, but out of the group of 6 that I usually run with literally none of us have seen an eternal weapon drop, and only one of us has a friend outside of the group who procced the box. I'll still be running with my group (hey, I wouldn't mind a shield and sword for pve too) regularly.. but the rates have been so low its horrible. Our static was one of a handful of the first to kill Taha when it released and we've been running it ever since.. never seeing an eternal drop.

We need a few adjustments overall, if this one isn't made. Namely better events that stimulate out poor economy. 

On 1/18/2022 at 3:46 PM, SPX said:

@Kibbelz Are you guys really ignoring this?

After this event you can't bring it back. A lot of players will quit.

On 1/19/2022 at 9:44 PM, SPX said:

@Kibbelz

EVERYONE PLEASE JOIN ME BOYCOTT 1/26.

AION GM team need to do something at this point. Ignoring isn't a good idea.

yah I failed crafts 16 times and GM replied to me two days ago that the required number of fading marks is working as intended and they do not plan on lowering it. Does it sound fair to you when you get nothing but 16 useless stones with 100+ DP runs spending 500 millions kinah during the first week of event?

Well, I decided to hop out of aion and enjoy my life instead. (I still have 5000+ quna and 90 days siel sub that just started lol) While I'll miss some friends that I made in Aion Classic, I'd rather do something productive rather than playing game that doesn't take feedback from players. Guess what if you don't like the game, you're the one who needs to move on.

It's like working for a company. if you do not feel that you aren't getting enough support from them, it's time to look for opportunities outside. It is almost impossible to make changes in organization as an individual. Unfortunately, we are not the ones who make decisions. Good bye! 😊

I'm not opposed if they decreased the amount of Faded marks to a reasonable amount I am questioning the world wide drops in general in Beluslan, Herion, and the Abyss on Balaur crafting materials and Blue Balaur Scales.

Think I've spent over 15M+ in Kinah to help a fellow Legion member run S-Rank for the Tahabata Dagger while they more than likely paid over 100M+ for scales and reset scrolls.  We even tried to farm the Balaur, as a group, in DC and only gotten less than 10 scales combined after basically doing a full dungeon clear.  The Daeva Pass did not offer a Time Activation stone nor the partial Blue Balaur Scale requirement to enter DP nor did the Event Shugo.

How bad is it?

On my Chanter doing a full rotation around the Divine Fort I may get 3-5 Blue Balaur Scales off the non-elite mobs before being chased and or zerged by an opposing group of Elyos~less than 15-20 minutes for a full circle.  Mainly just some kinah and some stigma shards.

On my Cleric I'll go and kite/kill the Elite melee mobs outside DC I may only get 1-2 Blue Balaur Scales out of 12-15 mobs per 35-40 minutes.  Mostly kinah with the exception of either a white and or green drop and 1-2 crafting materials.

On Retail when the game was new I would farm Hoarfrost for an hour and would generally rack up 20-30 Blue Balaur Scales that  would last me for a few weeks.

So we have this event that has a supposedly increased drop rate in the instance itself but the currency to be used for Dark Poeta seems a bit on the shallow end of Atreia.  The event has become a massive kinah sink and is not being enjoyed by the playerbase. 

I suggest next time, if there is a next time, if NcSoft wishes to utilize a dungeon event to be sure that any form of key and or currency that must be acquired is dropping at a steadily rate instead of a 0.000001% in open world content.

Still no comment from @Kibbelz how nice.

At this point, I can't even be sure they know what this thread is even talking about, after all 2 months after the siege issue started they asked the community for the dux names....

Can you at least confirm you know what we're talking about in the thread?

Bump because Dark Poeta event didn't really help very many people at all, resets were over priced so now everyone is broke and then scale prices went up as well :(  the people who did get weapons sold their accounts and the people who still need weapons and want to keep playing well RIP.

On 1/13/2022 at 11:07 PM, SPX said:

It is almost impossible to have x36.

Can we at least make it half x18?

Otherwise server will be dead again.

Everyone please join me for changes.

Please Fix DP + Make boxes more affordable + reset scrolls in the shop + ability to skip through the instance like the bunnies  

Rin if you read this, and I hope you do, this is a good example of what we do and do not need. We do not need topics like this ignored, and we do neet commentary, whether it's saying there is nothing you can do or you have forwarded it to a superior. I hope you're able to be aggressive in your inquiries with your team, though I don't doubt Kib wasn't. I feel for you, in that in many ways you're going to be stuck between a rock and an angry hard place, but good luck.

We need this.

On 2/1/2022 at 4:55 PM, Rin said:

Hey folks! As I can respond to some of this I'll give you a small update here:

I do think some of this (recent) issue is related to something we're looking at right now. I've raised it to the team and they're digging in, so please do give us some time as we figure out the situation.

I hope this helps!

Out of 100 runs + literally only mage stuff drops off Taha, little to no 5 slots (I've gotten 1 piece). For Classes that need more than one weapon it's very hard to even get the sets unless your lucky and since most people got their Taha stuff + sold their accounts there is no way people even want to run it due to the length of time the instance takes. 

Most people who are doing S rank are just killing Taha the other bosses are a waste of time for people that want to do other things in the game. There is no time to pvp when you have to grind out weapons all of the time, if the instance dropped more or craft proc rate was higher more people would run the instance for more than one weapon + enchant stones. 

At this point if things don't change with DP I'm probably quitting aion until some better options are made for Sin's - esp since we already have to roll against Glads. (btw sucks glads can use litterally almost every weapon/armor in the game). imo.

Archived