Coalition Guidelines - By Cyan

NUMS-KT

Coalition Guidelines - By Cyan

Coalition is the new siege mechanic introduced in Aion: 5.3 encouraging all players of a faction to work together to complete the siege objective. Coalition requires the cooperation of all players and sieging still heavily relies on players decisions.

To help you along with having a better Coalition experience and to mitigate abuse going forward, here are some guidelines for you to consider:

Do’s

Join the Coalition to help your faction succeed in taking a fortress

Actively participate in the Coalition to support your faction

Learn and follow instructions provided by siege leaders. Cooperation and communication between players is key in a successful and fun siege.

Pass leadership to a siege leader if you cannot or do not want to lead the siege.

Use Coalition skills if presented to you. Coalition skills can help your faction greatly.

Don’t

Do not join the siege to AFK. You might get kicked at the end. If you need to AFK really quick, do tell your Group/Alliance.

Do not hold Coalition leadership or skills hostage to sabotage the siege or for personal gain.

Abuse
What counts as abuse

Joining a Coalition to AFK or otherwise grief

Kicking a player(s) for actions unrelated to the current siege

Threatening to hold Coalition Leader status hostage

Refusing to lead Coalition and not using Coalition skills during the siege

Intentionally sabotaging the siege

BUT... you forgot one thing cyan....

What about the other players who are high ranking 5 star, Generals, Commanders, who gain GP and never turn up to any sieges, on purpose????

We, as a server, miss out on there skills, xforming abilities and more. They refuse to turn up to any sieges because they don't like other people who participate in the siege or if they cant lead them selves.

Technically these players doing this is holding the server hostage and also holding there rank/position hostage.

Please consider more actions.

NÜMS

6 minutes ago, NUMS-KT said:

BUT... you forgot one thing cyan....

What about the other players who are high ranking 5 star, Generals, Commanders, who gain GP and never turn up to any sieges, on purpose????

We, as a server, miss out on there skills, xforming abilities and more. They refuse to turn up to any sieges because they don't like other people who participate in the siege or if they cant lead them selves.

Technically these players doing this is holding the server hostage and also holding there rank/position hostage.

Please consider more actions.

NCSoft can't read minds. How would you possibly enforce this?

Just now, Forgotten-DN said:

NCSoft can't read minds. How would you possibly enforce this?

Well I'm sure if they can strip someone's GP/Title for not gaining any GP after 2 weeks I'm sure they can set up something that if you do not attend a siege or use xform IN a siege with in 1 week you will lose your title/position.

7 minutes ago, NUMS-KT said:

Well I'm sure if they can strip someone's GP/Title for not gaining any GP after 2 weeks I'm sure they can set up something that if you do not attend a siege or use xform IN a siege with in 1 week you will lose your title/position.

You can workaround that by just showing up, x-forming, and running around in a circle while not actually contributing though :/

4 minutes ago, Forgotten-DN said:

You can workaround that by just showing up, x-forming, and running around in a circle while not actually contributing though :/

Well in the old Abyss siege system, if you got over a certain amount of AP/kills you would get a certain amount of medals... implement it all I say

27 minutes ago, NUMS-KT said:

What do you do about those people who can't attend siege because of work?  With the time change that happened last week I will always miss siege on evenings I work.  I worked hard to earn a rank, as did many other people.  Should I lose rank because of DST ending? lol

The siege guidelines Cyan posted were in direct response to a couple of players actually actively working against their own faction. Much the same as players who used to train Rag and Omega into Gelk/Inggi fort sieges in order to mess up the siege. That's abuse. That should be illegal. NCWest should get involved when players abuse other players.

Choosing not to siege is not abuse. Choosing not to lead is not abuse. Choosing not to use your xform is not abuse. Attaining rank does not give someone else the right to tell you how you must play your game. How would you like it if the governor of your server required you to show up at 2am and run an instance that doesn't interest you? You wouldn't stand for that, would you? It's your game and as long as you aren't breaking any rules, you should be allowed to play it however you like. 

I understand what you are trying to say. Ranked players have something that is useful in sieges and you would think they would want to use it. That being said, everyone has a right to think differently.

Archived