Jump to content
Forums

WAKE UP NCSOFT!!!!!!!


Erosh
 Share

Recommended Posts

after 3 weeks on classic server and reporting same nyerking bots over and over THEY STILL nyerkING THERE,, probly nearly 70% of all " players" online are bots. u cant go anywhere on asmo side without find massive cluster nyerks of bots running arround. even dungeons being done by bots. why is it so damn hard for u guys to wake up and start remove the freaking bots?? its seriously looking like the bots are your own and u make ppl got RMT and then i bet u nyerking ban ppl for RMT afterwards. its killing the game.

even dredge u cant freaking do without bot groups or pathetic cheaters that u can report 10000000 times and nothing happends. whats the point it being so passive and just killing the game ?? its not hard to start act like a real GM and then do something other then just copy paste a damn standard nyerk answer when try to get your attention on support tickets. there is so much bullshit going on in game now that every day i know some1 thats just quitting the game. playerd that have supported game with cash and u guys nyerk on that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

More bots subscribed to the game than players at this point, Why ban their leading source of income?

That is because thousands of players signed at launch only to see they were lied to about the model and the tactics of the company. They lost 90% of that player base within the 1st month after the launch.

I wish I was around a corner to see them talk about the loss of player base so fast and their excuses to keep doing the same mistake that lead to the death of retail. Someone must be taking these decisions and that person is either happy with the outcome or utterly oblivious about the reasons that this happens to the game.

Edited by Arhangelos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

That is because thousands of players signed at launch only to see they were lied to about the model and the tactics of the company. They lost 90% of that player base within the 1st month after the launch.

I wish I was around a corner to see them talk about the loss of player base so fast and their excuses to keep doing the same mistake that lead to the death of retail. Someone must be taking these decisions and that person is either happy with the outcome or utterly oblivious about the reasons that this happens to the game.

There was a comment by Kibbelz that they have a very hard time modifying code/the game events given to them so it is likely the support of the game is a skeleton or fire fighting crew and >75% of the revenue goes to profit which helps meet NCwest's financial metrics. All the work was already done in Korea so little support or fixing bugs/bots/cheaters occurs. This is the status quo and has been for months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Years you mean. It has been the same since cyan it has been the same since the one before cyan people were just to addicted to realize it.

You are correct, but I have not played Aion since 4.X , and never stuck around long enough in retail before 4.X to notice/care.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HugoHawk said:

Bots are an serious issue in this game pitty nobody is doing anything about it

 

True, Not having enough bots so the prices are sustainable is the problem in NA, Not in KR tho :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

True, Not having enough bots so the prices are sustainable is the problem in NA, Not in KR tho :D

Right? If we had a higher population I might not care so much, but without ample players producing consumables the price would be through the roof. Crafters want to complain about not making a profit, and although I'm a cook myself, I prefer a cheap market and I feel most of the community does too. I feel for these people who can't make money how they want, but the rest of us need to spend it too lol.

 

I think otherwise people just see bots and get triggered without thinknig of the implications of them vanishing.

Edited by Adla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Adla said:

Right? If we had a higher population I might not care so much, but without ample players producing consumables the price would be through the roof. Crafters want to complain about not making a profit, and although I'm a cook myself, I prefer a cheap market and I feel most of the community does too. I feel for these people who can't make money how they want, but the rest of us need to spend it too lol.

 

I think otherwise people just see bots and get triggered without thinknig of the implications of them vanishing.

They eliminated the reason for crafting by giving away the most popular crafted items. People who enjoyed crafting and making revenue from it left. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, UnforgivingOG said:

They eliminated the reason for crafting by giving away the most popular crafted items. People who enjoyed crafting and making revenue from it left. 

I completely understand that, but to be honest, as a buyer, I don't think I really care. I outlined that our population is too low for their profit to be worth my spending anyway. I know that sounds harsh, but if the population had been higher to begin with I wouldn't mind as much. I know you'll say that them leaving lowered population, but it was too low before that for their listings to really compete anyway.

There's other reasons to play Aion, and soley leaning on crafting, knowing that Aion has always had a high bot population through the ages, was something of a mistake on their part. Again, sounds harsh, but it's a necessity. Plus, bots also help with cheaper matt production, it wasn't a total loss/loss for crafters, of all kinds.

Sorry not sorry, I'm for bots. It's not as simple as what I've quoted you saying above.

Edited by Adla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

@Adla:
Which are the more important things we should focus on and were not known through the ages?

known or not known, botting is the one thing that doesn't need as much of a focus as the following, and the one thing people could have expected to actually impact a part of the game that, quite honestly, was still worth doing while bots dropped inexpensive mats. On retail people still crafted, partly because of this. I for one would rather purchase cheaper than let players run an inflated market. We all knew there wasn't going to be a large population in classic, we all knew the economy was going to be bad... have some foresight.

Hacking, exploits, drop rates, content & content release time, quality of life, support, company transparency, event quality, community interaction (GM presence & in-game mini-events - gm's would pop in and hold impromptu events like spawning balaur at Morheim we would need to defend from), once upon a time we had "player spotlights" that show cased select art/writing (fanfics)/creation content, advertising, error patch quality and patch speed (forts/siege issues)... were all known through the ages but are still worth way more focus in terms of bolstering and maintaining a population... more so than botting.

 

Up next will be scripting inner forts using hacks, I promise you certain people will shoot through the roof in terms of AP. But no.. people will still complain about bots. Didn't retail implement an auto-hunt feature at some point?

 

Edited by Adla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Adla:
I agree with your conclusion, just the reasoning was flawed. Like you observed yourself. "Because I dont care" or "it was known since ages" are not really valid arguments for anything in Aion Classic. Thanks for the elaboration, that makes it a much better read.

Edited by Stormwing
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stormwing said:

@Adla:
I agree with your conclusion, just the reasoning was flawed. Like you observed yourself. "Because I dont care" or "it was known since ages" are not really valid arguments for anything in Aion Classic. Thanks for the elaboration, that makes it a much better read.


And please understand that I understand me saying "I don't care" is a little crude and unempathetic. I get other people enjoyed crafting, I do too myself (master cook). That was just a personal addition. As far as "it was known", I find that aside from hacking that's one thing that everyone should have honestly expected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, HugoHawk said:

This Bot Operators are just a bunch of poor, dishonest Players.

 

That's a great moral assertion, but I don't find it to be a helpful comment, if not simply emotionally charged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Adla said:

I completely understand that, but to be honest, as a buyer, I don't think I really care. I outlined that our population is too low for their profit to be worth my spending anyway. I know that sounds harsh, but if the population had been higher to begin with I wouldn't mind as much. I know you'll say that them leaving lowered population, but it was too low before that for their listings to really compete anyway.

There's other reasons to play Aion, and soley leaning on crafting, knowing that Aion has always had a high bot population through the ages, was something of a mistake on their part. Again, sounds harsh, but it's a necessity. Plus, bots also help with cheaper matt production, it wasn't a total loss/loss for crafters, of all kinds.

Sorry not sorry, I'm for bots. It's not as simple as what I've quoted you saying above.

One of the many reasons the population is too low is the bot themselves though. Bots in general create a problem that make people quit and now they are the important part of the game because nobody plays except for bots.

Even if you do remove the bots now (or the p2w cash shop) the game won't revive and actual players won't come back because damage is already done.

Edited by Arhangelos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like all the Bot haters seem to be  heavily on the elyos side for some strange reason. If we had a large population bots would certainly be an issue to combat.

Problem is the population is small  now and not enough people are posting materials for everyone to craft or provide enough items for competition to set in place. Ideally the more competition selling stuff  leads to  lower prices on pots, scrolls, gear, etc. This what we want to see in markets/ auction house, etc. You can argue that pass provided all the popular stuff (which really --they burned fast if people played actively everyday). There were  people that  pooled up the freebies/P2W's, but there were still tons of items that could still be crafted and sold for easy money that the pass didn't provide. Hell there was better food that could be crafted than what was present in the pass. Coins were P2W but with more people playing we saw that gear was being posted a competitive price. In my experience as a crafter who actively sold stuff at discounted prices at the start of server, people often bought my stuff cheap and than reposted at a higher price for profit and to let people see coins as a cheaper alternative. Shoot, a certain legion did that when I decided I was done making Balaur cowls.  

However nowadays since the nerfed drop rate in Theo to "combat" the bots [ People didn't realize at the time that it affected players too] and people quitting in droves, the market is heavily inflated on elyos side. I complain pretty much daily about it. Its gotten so bad I've watched known bots start price setting on certain items that started to become popular. I even tested setting demand with certain Fluxes, and then the prices hyperinflated every time I do a gaccha D/e ..... sigh   >.>

         Normally,  no one is going to buy overpriced materials and sell the product at a loss. I've spent months trying to control certain markets to allow other crafters to undercut me and still make a profit on nonproc items while setting a price ceiling that others could still be considered reasonable, but I've gotten tired of supervising it and let others deal with it. Now if you get a nonproc, selling a a loss is the norm. Even after Server merge, the outlook for a competitive market is terribly thin.  There are certainly other issues that should be dealt with first, hackers, siege hp values, bugs , subpar events - I could go on , but the damage is done.  Bots are just a temp fix for competitive prices and easy material gatherers. RMT is an issue, but with super inflated markets like this, RMT is starting to look good to a number of players.

If NC wanted to fix the game 

1: Advertise - entice more players to enter, create a welcoming event idk, get more people interested in playing. Stop trying to use streamers to advertise for you, actually invest profits into a marketing campaign. 

2. Get more staff- its easy to tell that Ncwest is operating on a skeleton staff - Reinvest into your western branch to get the right support for your NA server. 

3. incredibly unlikely honestly-- Get NcMain to allow more creative control for NCWest so that they can freely adapt  the game to the NA market. Localizing was your primed issue for this servers, show us that you intend on adapting to this market space.  People are leaving for lack of response or the large delay in time in addressing known issues. 

Dyna's rant over-flame me in LFG 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

One of the many reasons the population is too low is the bot themselves though. Bots in general create a problem that make people quit and now they are the important part of the game because nobody plays except for bots.

Even if you do remove the bots now (or the p2w cash shop) the game won't revive and actual players won't come back because damage is already done.

I find it disengenius that you focus on bots as a key reason people left the game, ignoring the litany of things I listed above that really are more impactful than bots:

I reiterate
Hacking, exploits, drop rates, content & content release time, quality of life, support, company transparency, event quality, community interaction (GM presence & in-game mini-events - gm's would pop in and hold impromptu events like spawning balaur at Morheim we would need to defend from), once upon a time we had "player spotlights" that show cased select art/writing (fanfics)/creation content, advertising, error patch quality and patch speed (forts/siege issues)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

One of the many reasons the population is too low is the bot themselves though. Bots in general create a problem that make people quit and now they are the important part of the game because nobody plays except for bots.

Even if you do remove the bots now (or the p2w cash shop) the game won't revive and actual players won't come back because damage is already done.

You right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Adla said:

I find it disengenius that you focus on bots as a key reason people left the game, ignoring the litany of things I listed above that really are more impactful than bots:

On 1/19/2022 at 1:30 AM, Arhangelos said:

One of the many reasons the population is too low is the bot themselves though. Bots in general create a problem that make people quit and now they are the important part of the game because nobody plays except for bots.

Even if you do remove the bots now (or the p2w cash shop) the game won't revive and actual players won't come back because damage is already done.

I find it disingenuous that you put words into my mouth as if I said that bots are the key reason. It is one of many reasons.

And mark my words, if we didn't have all the other NCWest affiliated bad things, bots would still be problem, and probably the sole problem.

~~

If the game was alive the bots wouldn't be "necessary" to provide materials but they would still be here and they would control the market as they do now, people would still quit the game because of bots. It is ONE OF THE REASONS.

Bots are part of the problem (PART of the problem, not THE PROBLEM). And that problem is self serving. It makes everyone stop trying to compete against them and then they are the sole suppliers of everything.

~~

There were many people that said they didn't care about cash shop because they can still gather, and craft and make profit by selling their loot. Where are they now? They can't do that because whatever drop or craft you make, there are 100 bots that will do it more effectively and cheaper.

~~

Bots also make cash shop by the company obsolete, the company no longer makes money from candies for example. They lose money from those few that stayed even with the p2w tactic. They will eventually need to come up with another p2w that brings revenue that bots can't farm and that means exclusive and niche items.

Edited by Arhangelos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...