Please Welcome, Rin!

Arctic

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas of Aion and Aion Classic!

I am excited to introduce you to our latest addition to the community and content management team - Rin! Rin will be stepping in to manage the Aion & Classic community going forward, and has already published some of our recent website articles around Classic's 1.8 release. As Rin takes on this project, I'll be less involved with Aion's day-to-day. Thank you for the kindness many of you showed while I've helped support Aion ❤️

Rin is new around these parts, so please be kind, patient, and most of all welcoming as she is very eager to begin engaging and discussing with you all!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you are leaving @Kibbelz? its it because the support team and management are god awful in every aspect of NCsoft and its IP's? or is it because the players berate you and every CM who is working on Aiononline? sad to see you fired same as cyan and gideon. Guess Rin wont have too hard of a job not knowing anything about the game and posting once a week.

• Aion Team

Hey everyone, It's an absolute pleasure to meet you all! ⭐

I'll be doing my best to get situated around here as quickly as possible, so thank you so much for your understanding and patience as I get everything up to speed!

I'll be working on a proper introduction post later, but as Kibblez mentioned, I'm very eager to get into the community and engage in topics and discussions! I'll be trying to check in throughout each week and see what is going on and responding to questions if I have the ability to (whatever is plausibly within my power, of course!)

Again, thank you all very much for your patience and understanding as I get situated here.

If you'd like to have a little fun with me, I'd love to see some screenshots of your characters!
Anyways, talk to you more soon!

Real question here is CMRin hot?

Also where are our even rewards that we have not received for killing 10 instance bosses or was it the pvp kills, from Anniversary event?

Why does classic get the wardrobe system before retail?

15 minutes ago, CMRin said:

If you'd like to have a little fun with me, I'd love to see some screenshots of your characters!

garbo.png

3 minutes ago, CMRin said:

Hey everyone, It's an absolute pleasure to meet you all! ⭐

I'll be doing my best to get situated around here as quickly as possible, so thank you so much for your understanding and patience as I get everything up to speed!

I'll be working on a proper introduction post later, but as Kibblez mentioned, I'm very eager to get into the community and engage in topics and discussions! I'll be trying to check in throughout each week and see what is going on and responding to questions if I have the ability to (whatever is plausibly within my power, of course!)

Again, thank you all very much for your patience and understanding as I get situated here.

Anyways, talk to you more soon!

Welcome aboard.

When you say you are eager to engage, I think a lot of players really hope you mean it. I'm sure there's probably plenty of restrictions on what you can and can't say to the playerbase, but it would be a great help just to see some frequent replies to issues players are seeing. Even if that reply is simply that you can't say anything, doing that whole community management thing would be a step in the right direction. Good luck.

• Aion Team
Just now, Radu said:

Welcome aboard.

When you say you are eager to engage, I think a lot of players really hope you mean it. I'm sure there's probably plenty of restrictions on what you can and can't say to the playerbase, but it would be a great help just to see some frequent replies to issues players are seeing. Even if that reply is simply that you can't say anything, doing that whole community management thing would be a step in the right direction. Good luck.

That's definitely the hope! And I completely understand for sure. I'm still learning some of the ropes here on what can be done, but if folks are okay with the vague response of  "unfortunately, I don't have an answer to that but I'll do my best to raise the problem up", that's sometimes the most that I can do. 

Thought I hope folks know if I do not respond to something, there's usually a reason. It's never any of our intentions to leave you all in the dark. I know how frustrating that can be, even more so when I will likely have a TON of my own work in the background happening as well. 

Still, I will see what I can do and try my best! And really, really appreciate everyone's patience with me too as I figure out the day-to-day process :)

• Aion Team
9 minutes ago, BigGarbo said:

Real question here is CMRin hot?

Also where are our even rewards that we have not received for killing 10 instance bosses or was it the pvp kills, from Anniversary event?

Why does classic get the wardrobe system before retail?

1. I'm currently playing a Sorcerer and enjoy spamming fire magics... doooeesss that count?
  2. Usually, if you're missing rewards outside of its posted release date and we haven't messaged about a delay, then please try filing a support ticket! That would be the best way to get an answer for these types of things!
  3. I honestly do not know if I can get an answer for this, but I'll still try to ask! No promises, though. Sorry!

• Aion Team

Whew okay, the weekend is about to start here so I'll try to get around to where I've been pinged plus general upkeep next week.

Thank you all again for your welcome, comments, and sharing your characters with me!!! Again, I'm sorry if I can't respond to all of you but I really appreciate the welcome and understanding!

❤️ Have a good weekend and talk to you soon!

52 minutes ago, CMRin said:

Whew okay, the weekend is about to start here so I'll try to get around to where I've been pinged plus general upkeep next week.

Thank you all again for your welcome, comments, and sharing your characters with me!!! Again, I'm sorry if I can't respond to all of you but I really appreciate the welcome and understanding!

❤️ Have a good weekend and talk to you soon!

First day on the job looking pretty promising so far.
Oh right, characters.
1xnsjp.png

Welcome Rin! Good to have you aboard. Strap yourself in, you're in for a bumpy ride. Our communities will appreciate frequent activity and any responses from you. We like consistency around here. We've tried telling the company for years that neglecting to reply at all and being silent is just bad for their business. Long term interaction is going to be your key to success! Also, try to post weekly maintenance notes around the same time each week, and not too late at night. That's usually when most people go to check the forum for the latest news. Good luck🙂

1 hour ago, CMRin said:
  1. I'm currently playing a Sorcerer and enjoy spamming fire magics... doooeesss that count?
  2. Usually, if you're missing rewards outside of its posted release date and we haven't messaged about a delay, then please try filing a support ticket! That would be the best way to get an answer for these types of things!
  3. I honestly do not know if I can get an answer for this, but I'll still try to ask! No promises, though. Sorry!

1. You should post a screenshot too! What outfit did you pick to wear? Did you find a nice weapon to use? 
2. There is a long backstory on that issue, because lots of counting mistakes were made by the company and most players still did not get their items. 
3. I don't know why Classic got this first either. It would have been more appropriate to launch it at the same time it arrives with the 8.2 update on the regular server.  [KR page reference: https://aion.plaync.com/update/history/2021/211013_update]

6 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas of Aion and Aion Classic!

I am excited to introduce you to our latest addition to the community and content management team - Rin! Rin will be stepping in to manage the Aion & Classic community going forward, and has already published some of our recent website articles around Classic's 1.8 release. As Rin takes on this project, I'll be less involved with Aion's day-to-day. Thank you for the kindness many of you showed while I've helped support Aion ❤️

Rin is new around these parts, so please be kind, patient, and most of all welcoming as she is very eager to begin engaging and discussing with you all!

When was the last time that you were involved again? :S

It's been months that we only see your weekly maintenance posts, sadly.

I expect the same from Rin tbh. Maybe a few posts first month or two, then silenced by NC or whatever is the reason they stop posting.

And please @CMRin, don't ever ask players to contact support regarding information about game mechanics or events. They know less than you, and that means they know nothing. It's offensive really. It's better if you just say "I don't know", which is expected from NC.

So @CMRin, so i see 3 obvious possibilities here:

1. you are either clueless to what you are getting into, given the track record of your predecessors and their ability and lack there of to community manage, in which case you should be prepared to turned into a liar by your new employer regardless of what assurances you may have been given they wont uphold them.
  2. you are aware, and you don't care and are willing to lie, cheat and steal just for a paycheck, in which case FU in advance.
  3. you are one of those head in the clouds people that thinks that they are the chosen one that could turn something around after so many have failed, but you wont, the company you have chosen to work for doesn't care to provide what is needed to do your job properly, they don't care about their customers either, so whatever you pass on as feedback will be ignored, don't give promises here to things that don't depend on you, i know you will find it easier but at the end your conscience will take the hit.

So welcome, but also Run for the hills, this company chews you up, eats your soul and spits your husk.

P.S. To the moderators that are way to eager to suspend me(again), insulting comments(profanity, threats) and opinions that someone MIGHT find offensive are two vastly different things.

4 hours ago, SPX said:

@Kibbelz ignore community and now other guy is handling?

I am very proud of your work.

You better get fired.

Worst management I have ever seen.

That's a bit too harsh, ain't it? To personally attack a guy when it's the company behind all of this. It's like yelling at a young barista about a missing ingredient in coffee, when it's the company that didn't provide it.

His contract either expired or he's stepping down on his own. Cyan started in August 2017, left in May 2020. Kibbelz joined in June 2020, and is leaving now in January 2022.

12 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

That's a bit too harsh, ain't it? To personally attack a guy when it's the company behind all of this. It's like yelling at a young barista about a missing ingredient in coffee, when it's the company that didn't provide it.

His contract either expired or he's stepping down on his own. Cyan started in August 2017, left in May 2020. Kibbelz joined in June 2020, and is leaving now in January 2022.

Not a good example, one could be a supply chain issue, the other is straight up negligence/incompetence of the people in charge. And as someone who works there or anywhere else, the moment you realize that you are there not to do a proper job, but just to run damage control and effectively lie, and you decide to keep working for this company instead of leaving is when you become complicit of their actions. This moment could be clearly defined in @Kibbelzaround the time he stopped responding to anything, and yet he stayed on board for over a year after that. So no, its not harsh, companys fault is never an excuse for not standing up not for anyone elses sake, but for your own morals and dignity, but who knows, maybe i have a different view of the world.

32 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Kibblez is not leaving NCwest tho from their post maybe they got a promotion?

I'll be less involved with Aion's day-to-day.

Nothing like Cyans post who announced they were leaving the company.

11 minutes ago, Shampoo said:

Not a good example, one could be a supply chain issue, the other is straight up negligence/incompetence of the people in charge. And as someone who works there or anywhere else, the moment you realize that you are there not to do a proper job, but just to run damage control and effectively lie, and you decide to keep working for this company instead of leaving is when you become complicit of their actions. This moment could be clearly defined in @Kibbelzaround the time he stopped responding to anything, and yet he stayed on board for over a year after that. So no, its not harsh, companys fault is never an excuse for not standing up not for anyone elses sake, but for your own morals and dignity, but who knows, maybe i have a different view of the world.

There's still no need for that kind of hostility, in my opinion. I work in tourism industry (hotel chain) and many times I've been attacked by guests because something was wrong, missing or straight up not done in their rooms. Yes, I get the nyerk slap, but the fault ultimately lies behind the scenes (in this case housekeeping), but perhaps their manager did not prepare needed items to provide that in the rooms.

It is always the company fault, because NCWest wants to save money, and NCKorea doesn't give a damn to support their western releases. Yes, the CM represents the face for the community they work in, you can shit on his awful job management, but I don't agree on attacking the guy personally.

1 minute ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Kibblez is not leaving NCwest tho from their post maybe they got a promotion?

Promotion, eh... I think he's just gonna be working on either L2 or BnS, maybe even Fuser. Wouldn't call that a promotion though 😛

Archived