Jump to content
Forums

Event Reward Suggestions (Updated!)


Inactive
 Share

Event Reward Suggestions  

6 members have voted

  1. 1. What would you like to see more of in events? (Godstones)

    • Damage Type Godstones (L40, Heroic)
      5
    • Paralyze Type Godstones (L40, Heroic)
      4
    • Silence Type Godstones (L40, Heroic)
      4
    • Blind Type Godstones (L40, Heroic)
      1
    • Stun Type Godstones (L40, Heroic)
      1
    • Root Type Godstones (L40, Heroic)
      1
    • Attack Slow Type Godstones (L40, Heroic)
      1
    • Movement Slow Type Godstones (L40, Heroic)
      1
  2. 2. What would you like to see more of in events? (Enchantment Stones, Manastones)

    • L70 ~ L74 Enchantment Stone(s)
      2
    • L75 ~ L79 Enchantment Stone(s)
      3
    • L80 ~ L84 Enchantment Stone(s)
      5
    • L85 ~ L89 Enchantment Stone(s)
      5
    • +85 HP Manastone(s) (L50, Superior)
      0
    • +25 Block Manastone(s) (L50, Superior)
      0
    • +12 Magic Resist Manastone(s) (L50, Superior)
      4
    • +15 Crit Strike Manastone(s) (L50, Superior)
      2
    • +25 Accuracy Manastone(s) (L50, Superior)
      0
    • +25 Magic Boost Manastone(s) (L50, Superior)
      0
    • +12 Magic Accuracy Manastone(s) (L50, Superior)
      1
  3. 3. What would you like to see more of in events? (Other)

    • Equipment Skins
      4
    • Experience Amulets
      0
    • Abyss Point Amulets
      4
    • Drop Amulets
      3
    • Abyss Relics
      6
    • Thick Balaur Skin(s) (L30)
      0
    • Hard Balaur Skin(s) (L40)
      0
    • Solid Balaur Skin(s) (L50)
      1
    • Thick Balaur Scale(s) (L30)
      0
    • Hard Balaur Scale(s) (L40)
      0
    • Solid Balaur Scale(s) (L50)
      1
    • Thick Balaur Horn(s) (L30)
      0
    • Hard Balaur Horn(s) (L40)
      0
    • Solid Balaur Horn(s) (L50)
      1
    • Cold Balaur Blood Stain(s) (L30)
      1
    • Hot Balaur Blood Stain(s) (L40)
      0
    • Boiling Balaur Blood Stain(s) (L50)
      4
    • Stigma Shard(s)
      3


Recommended Posts

Quote

@Rin, may I suggest that we have better rewards like the ones suggested in the poll in more regular events?

I have made a more comprehensive poll. Can't do anything about the strange tallying.

Edited by Kynurenigh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Inactive changed the title to Event Reward Suggestions (Updated!)
33 minutes ago, 1s26A418 said:

This is a waste of time

 I think it's important to note that our events have been very lack lustre, if not entirely disappointing, whether Rin herself can do anything about it or not. If you think it's a waste of time then don't worry about it.

20 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

Events should only provide gimmicks and cosmetics.

I think this depends on the type of event and if IRL cash effects the outcome. I don't see anything wrong with an event that stimulates our economy through complete RNG means. We're not exactly in a condition that's good right now. Some of the best events we've ever had, like snowballs, did that. Limit RL cash purchases of anything outside of what you get from either NPC's or quests or time spent on, and people would probably be happy.

 

I can agree that the SHOP should only provide gimmicks and cosmetics... but if you want events to continue being boring and bland...

Edited by Adla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Adla:
Events should be fun and that fun should not primarily come from its rewards. I do not know that snowball event, so I can not judge it. Yet randomly rewarding attendees differently reads worse to me than having no event at all. Most of the items listed above are items that are supposed to be grinded and/or achieved and not be invalidated by having luck in an event. If you ask for an event to "correct" a core mechanic of a game something else is wrong. Also and foremost, none should miss out on anything essential by not being able or not wanting to attend an event.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

@Adla:
Events should be fun and that fun should not primarily come from its rewards. I do not know that snowball event, so I can not judge it. Yet randomly rewarding attendees differently reads worse to me than having no event at all. Most of the items listed above are items that are supposed to be grinded and/or achieved and not be invalidated by having luck in an event. If you ask for an event to "correct" a core mechanic of a game something else is wrong. Also and foremost, none should miss out on anything essential by not being able or not wanting to attend an event.

The good events we had on retail all pretty much granted godstones, ap relics, tempering solutions, even some gear. They were generally the most liked events. I can't think of a single event that was actually fun outside of pvp events (you had to get unique kills on certain maps). They made the economy better, and right now our economy is absolute... not good.

I get the ideology behind your statement, but it's probably a rare preference. It would be a big help to the community, especially for players who played legit, to close the gap between them and those who didn't. Rewards have almost always been what defines an event as good or bad in this community.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To add to this, I agree those items should predominantly be grinded out, but with the low population and abysmal drop rates this isn't really the kind of patch where that's as feasible as it was in later patches, including enchantments when we had +2 and +3 procs.

 

As well, "fun" is subjective when it comes to events. There were some with unique instances but very few people seemed to actually want to run them, iirc. 

How much experience do you have with Aion, that you aren't familair with the snowball event? (which many of us on classic were hoping for this past winter)

Also, regarding your comment on core mechanics of the game and randomness... Aion is essentially built on RNG. Let's not forget that. You don't gurantee yourself a godstone through grinding, outside of the officer quest, and you don't gurantee... well anything really. Even combat is RNG, with KD's, KB's, crits and godstone procs.

Edited by Adla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hahaha snowballs were RNG killers!!! But I think with our player base we can use a bit more stimulation for the economy. A big event would  also bring some of our leavers back as well. I think Godstones  could use a boost in sales, but that coming from someone that's still using the bad ap ones. Events that give  out big stuff like godstones should be strictly limited like  1-2 times a year.  Things like enchants and manastone boxes would increase player adherence to playing the event content. some manastones are just too expense and could use a bit more market saturation for the small population of newer players that's popping up.  I strictly believe we should try to avoid the cash shop being a part of these events save for skins and honestly reset scrolls would have been perfect cough/ cough.

although I  would personally love balic mats being included , I feel that the mats itself should have a doubled or tripled drop rate rate because it just so expensive for l30/ l40 mats. that market alone would benefit from market saturation and make crafting easier for alts / Mains/ and newbies alike. If we are talking strictly in events, we could use a increased drop rate of balaur mobs for maybe 3-4 times a year, this gives a decent chance for people to farm it . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Arrowz said:

hahaha snowballs were RNG killers!!! But I think with our player base we can use a bit more stimulation for the economy. A big event would  also bring some of our leavers back as well. I think Godstones  could use a boost in sales, but that coming from someone that's still using the bad ap ones. Events that give  out big stuff like godstones should be strictly limited like  1-2 times a year.  Things like enchants and manastone boxes would increase player adherence to playing the event content. some manastones are just too expense and could use a bit more market saturation for the small population of newer players that's popping up.  I strictly believe we should try to avoid the cash shop being a part of these events save for skins and honestly reset scrolls would have been perfect cough/ cough.

although I  would personally love balic mats being included , I feel that the mats itself should have a doubled or tripled drop rate rate because it just so expensive for l30/ l40 mats. that market alone would benefit from market saturation and make crafting easier for alts / Mains/ and newbies alike. If we are talking strictly in events, we could use a increased drop rate of balaur mobs for maybe 3-4 times a year, this gives a decent chance for people to farm it . 

Completely agree with this.


 

 

2 hours ago, Stormwing said:

@Adla:
The more you grind the more you increase your chances.

I'm well aware... if you have some better input I'd love to entertain the conversation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Adla:
Better implies that my current input is bad.
Anyway, not really, since my opinion on events has set over the years I suppose. I can relate to your point of view, I just do not share it. However, I am totally fine with Arrowzs approach of changing basic drop rates of items. Not as an event, but permanently. I am also up for a token based pity system in every dungeon. Even if this is a grind game, none should have to run the same dungeon more than n time to get the desired weapon and/or missing armour part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Stormwing said:

@Adla:
Better implies that my current input is bad.
Anyway, not really, since my opinion on events has set over the years I suppose. I can relate to your point of view, I just do not share it. However, I am totally fine with Arrowzs approach of changing basic drop rates of items. Not as an event, but permanently. I am also up for a token based pity system in every dungeon. Even if this is a grind game, none should have to run the same dungeon more than n time to get the desired weapon and/or missing armour part.

Yea i would prefer the perma drop rate increase, would be easier on everyone,  the token based system would interesting to try, especially when you know we got glads on round 300+ for their baka spears

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...