Event: Snow Balls are HERE!

Arhangelos

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, MechEagIe-DN said:

First year i see snow balls who dont have legendary contract in the [Event] Brilliant Ice Prism...

It also lasts 2 weeks instead of 4 that it lasted every year BUT we are happy to get it.

This is the only good event we got since 28th July 2021 when we got kumuki. That is half a year without a proper event.

so:

LWIf0wE.gif

~~

(for those interested these are the last year rewards)

https://www.aiononline.com/news/frozen-magic-returns

Well.....good bye more aion players, events like this really show your player base how much you actually care about the game,   Ncwest,  remember every rubbish event you release makes more and more PAYING players leave,  like i dont understand why you treat in-game items like they are gold?  Happy players spend money .....disappointed players QUIT, prob why the games dying more and more every day,  bravo for listening to your player base....bravo,   just close the game down if this is the best you can do for real.

dont worry mech, your not gonna have time to farm them because you only have 2 weeks then you have to pray to the RNG gods that it might give you what you ACTUALLY want.....watch n see hardly anyone will actually get these three rewards,  more like 1 refining stone.....please try again because its prob set to 60% chance to give that and everything else at like 2% or less.......what a waste of time.....took one of the best events yearly and trashed it

7 hours ago, MechEagIe-DN said:

2 Weeks ...... WAIT WHAT ...... LOLL
Event Duration: February 9, 2022 – February 23, 2022
laugh-ketawa.gif

yeah event last only 2 weeks.....they literally are killing the game.....such care for the player base @Rin  you wonder why the players are so toxic, this right here is why,......taking one of the BEST events in aion and trashing it and i mean trashing it.......then to boot last only 2 weeks.....when in the history of aion its always last 4-6 weeks because its nothing but a grind......last "event" was halloween and that was literally a copy paste.....this the best yall can do is keep punishing the players over n over?  Lost ark launch next week,  wonder if after this you all actually make it thru that......we shall see

The only problem I see here is the 2 weeks instead of the 4, but maybe, I say maybe they have another event after the snowballs are over, who knows. Maybe the packed this now and squeezed it between today and the next event this is why it last 2 weeks.

Getting snowballs on February is kinda giving good vibes that they listened to out posts about not having any event so they might start giving us events from now on. After that we are getting close to the date of stormwing event!

And yes no legendary transform on the +10 but I personally do not remember ever getting that in the previous year, so I guess the chance was like 0,1%.

• Aion Team

Hi friends! 

It is absolutely okay if you're frustrated with the current event and it is not to your liking. I kindly ask that you continue to leave feedback politely and with as much details as possible. If you could continue to break down what you do—and do not like—as you play the event upcoming on February 9, that'd be great. Even more so if you explain as to why, and what you were hoping for.

This is always great to give to our development team so we can continue to elaborate on it.

Thank you! 

1 minute ago, Arhangelos said:

The only problem I see here is the 2 weeks instead of the 4, but maybe, I say maybe they have another event after the snowballs are over, who knows. Getting snowballs on February is kinda giving good vibes that they listened to out posts about not having any event so they might start giving us events from now on.

After that we are getting close to the date of stormwing event!

are you dreaming?   it's been October since the last real event, and now you're thinking there will be another worthwhile event right after this one?  You do remember what company this is right?   They could care less about what you want or think, they have the mentality that if you quit there's 5 more to take your place, where's the mentality gotten you?  Oh wait that's where we are right now, and the answer is they are losing more players by the day because of their lack of caring and not listening.....but that's the issue when you have people running a game that don't even play it let alone know the struggles or needs of the players,  they think 10minium is a great thing just shows the lack of knowledge of the game.   a new player to get a SS rank would take 6+ months if they are "lucky" enough to get past the RNG gods.....disappointment after disappointment

1 minute ago, Rin said:

Hi friends! 

It is absolutely okay if you're frustrated with the current event and it is not to your liking. I kindly ask that you continue to leave feedback politely and with as much details as possible. If you could continue to break down what you do—and do not like—as you play the event upcoming on February 9, that'd be great. Even more so if you explain as to why, and what you were hoping for.

This is always great to give to our development team so we can continue to elaborate on it.

Thank you! 

Rin i feel bad for you because you being blind sided and going to have to deal with the rage, and lack of understanding of how the game works doesn't help you at all, these rewards are completely dated and to beat it all they shortned the event by 2-4 weeks.....people have been giving advice for months now as to what needs changed or modified and nothings changed just copy paste events non stop(adding 1 or 2 items new but very greedy with what it is)  acting like items are "gold" and giving greedy reward portions.....HAPPY PLAYERS SPEND MONEY,  angry players Quit n leave.   simple logic,   and there's no point giving to development team considering half of us are able to talk to them directly and we still get the same results over and over,   another reason you see nothing but toxic conversations on here.....if they would only LISTEN this would make the players happy and willing to play and spend money,  let me ask you  this do you continue to go to a restaurant that serves you poor quality food or do you refuse to go back and find something new?   well take that logic to Aion,  it's the same all that's left in the community are the "die hard" players and they are growing tired of being served poor food and some have already started new games, and others are starting to look, and its horrible that NCwest finds this "suitable" as an event reward list.  #StopTheGreedIt'sNotGOLD

@TrinityStarr-KT

I have no problem with the rewards themselves, the actual problem will be the chances to get them. Because they can add ultimate transformation if they want, if it is 0,00001% then it is like a token for making us shut up. As rewards these are my thoughts:

The best rewards are these:

• [BCM] +12 Stigma Selection Box
  • Aion’s Gift
  • [Event] Rank 4 Grade A Minion Contract Selection Box
  • Empyrean Lord's Holy Water (x5)
  • Daevanion Passive Skill Book Bundle (amen)
  • 100% Success Stigma Enchantment Stone

The rather good rewards are these:

• Ultimate Enchantment Stone Selection Box
  • Stigma Enchantment Stone (x2)
  • Ultimate Manastone Selection Box (x2)
  • Berdin’s Giant Lucky Star (x5)

Potentially good rewards based on whether you have all daevanions upgraded or not. They are bad rewards for me but I am done with daevanions.

• Daevanion Skill Selection Box (10 Types)
  • Daevanion Essence

The not so good rewards are these:

• Ancient Transformation Contract (18 types)
  • 10,000,000 Kinah Box (x5) (last year it was 10m only, this year is it 50m)
  • Wise Dragon King's Weapon Selection Box (since it is a skin)
  • [BCM] Ancient Refining Stone (because it is only 1)

And this last reward is good for those who collect mounts, I hope it is brokerable because if I do not get it I'd love to eb able to buy it

• Boxed Hippo

~~~

My only "complain" is the fact it lasts 2 weeks instead of 4. But again I will wait to see when it ends if we get a new event, if not then I'd be a little angry.

@Rin remember having more than 1 events running simultaneously is not a problem to us, we had it in the past and we were supposed to get many during Christmas and we got nothing. So if they can simply expand it to 4 weeks I think we could all be happy.

6 hours ago, Rin said:

Hi friends! 

Thank you! 

@Rin
What about you guys just give us What Korea getting ?
And stop nerfing our NA event ? 

im-asking-nicely-asking-nice.gif

6 hours ago, MechEagIe-DN said:

@Rin
What about you guys just give us What Korea getting ?
And stop nerfing our NA event ? 

im-asking-nicely-asking-nice.gif

Would be nice, but we get watered down events, even Aion EU gets better rewards than we do,  this event is 2 months late and they didnt even care to look what KR or EU did....just a joke all the way around

This is actually sad. Dye Bundles? CRAFTING Boost? Aion doesn't even have a real crafting system anymore. These are terrible. There's not one appealing item on the entire list. There aren't even legendary transforms on the list. Why even take those off the list? People are complaining because Aion Support Team aren't listening. At all. You can't even justify how terrible the rewards are. Wise Dragon King's Selection Box, again with no skill, this is a copy paste, yet again. Aion's gift?  Again. Ancient Transformation Contract (18 types), why is this one the Brilliant Ice Prism? Where the legendary used to be? Sounds like you all are really attempting to kill the game. This is just lazy. [Event] Rank 4 Grade A Minion Contract Selection Box, again, copy and paste. Let's not mention that there was just a lazy minion promo thrown into the BCM because of the lack of events or hell even actual engagement from the Support Team. Boxed Hippo...not even going start here. Empyrean Lord's Holy Water (x5), let's put this up here, even though in a few months it'll disappear because relic's expire, smart.

Tl;Dr - Don't waste people's time if you as the support team don't care. 

Hold on, not to mention the event is late and is only 2 weeks. I mean only if KR and EU weren't getting better items. Can someone explain to me why is it that NA always gets the worse of the rewards?

42 minutes ago, Rin said:

Hi friends! 

Thank you! 

The rewards seems outdated to be honest. We're in 8.0, why would you guys still give us ancient transformations? and legendary ones as top tier reward, wheres the ultimate ones? Every other region has really easy access to kaisinel through the "prestige" machine but us. 

Where are the dazzling gemstones? Apostle contracts? S Rank minions? Ultimate trnasformation contracts?

Also would be nice for future events to give <Ultimate Memory Shard> as the low tier rewards instead of things like potions/1m kinah/legendary manastones.

2 minutes ago, Fran said:

The rewards seems outdated to be honest. We're in 8.0, why would you guys still give us ancient transformations? and legendary ones as top tier reward, wheres the ultimate ones? Every other region has really easy access to kaisinel through the "prestige" machine but us. 

Where are the dazzling gemstones? Apostle contracts?

Also would be nice for future events to give <Ultimate Memory Shard> as the low tier rewards instead of things like potions/1m kinah/legendary manastones.

I absolutely agree with this.

The lower bundle rewards are indeed outdated. They could give us like 1h 100% amulets instead of those crafting/gathering amulets. We could have made good use of them for sure.

Additionally the +10 prism shouldn't have bad rewards at all, it is already too hard to make a +10 snowball and then you still get rng rewards and many of them are really bad.

1x ancient refining stone for a +10 snowball! I'd rather win the 50m instead, that is very bad.

1 hour ago, Rin said:

Hi friends! 

It is absolutely okay if you're frustrated with the current event and it is not to your liking. I kindly ask that you continue to leave feedback politely and with as much details as possible.

This is apart of the pent up frustration from the community rin, As a community especially on retail every request we have made has been ignored, No transparency or anything. The biggest problem is the developers do not listen to NA feedback and due to a difference in payment options the region is left crippled with no regional changes to fix these problems.

Due to these regional payment changes because if feels like KR devs believe NA hates p2w. This means the materials people buy off those spending players do not enter our market thus creating a situation where it is impossible for us to progress w/o events. Then we get events that give rewards from what feels like 5.0 before the major change that happened in 6.0 to how the gear/enchantment system works.

Unfortunately even with feedback the knowledge you need about Aion retail and its systems as well as its past patches is why people get easily frustrated when events are created that feel lack luster.

It would be really cool to hear a response from you as to why you think the players are upset with this event but it would also be unfair of us to ask that because you do not know Aion's past. The snowball event was an event everyone looked forward to in Aion be it a paying player or f2p player because you knew when this event came around it was a good way for you to progress your character. It felt like the developers cared back then. You use to get 8 snowballs when you logged in daily now it is like 1 or 2 and then extra ones every 30 minutes. Beyond this the event use to give us up-to-date rewards that is what made people happy because even if you were not up to that progression point as of yet you got materials to help with that progression that you could store for a later date.

However now there are many people who will end up with rewards that do not help them in the slightest. This is why people are less respectful when it comes to events since it use to be a go-to progression path where as now it is a prey the events have something nice or do not bother logging in for the event.

I think the players tone would change if we could get confirmation that our idea's about events are being heard however over the past 3 years NCwest has sowed lots of distrust in the community through ignoring them and then also saying they are listening and do the polar opposite of what the community asks for.

TL:DR Snowball event use to be a gift from NCsoft for the players now it is a way to keep players logged in longer than they want for rewards that are average.

@Rin

It is quite simple what players want/need. Collections and up-to-date items.

- Pixel hanbok transformation event

- New Ancient transformation event

- Ultimate transformation event

If the rewards for this snowball event gave,

- Oath tablets

- Io

- Prime runestones/Dazzling gemstones

- Ancient refining stones / Reset socket stones / Refining water.

I assure you the whole community would be happy. The reason we are upset is because all these rewards are Outdated. 

Feedback is pointless like always, developing team never listen and have no clue about the game or things that are relevant or they care to know. It would take a minimal effort to find out.  You can't properly manage something that you have no understanding of. 

And by the way, should we expect valentine's day event around Easter? ...just wondering 

21 minutes ago, Cleavage-KT said:

Feedback is pointless like always, developing team never listen and have no clue about the game or things that are relevant or they care to know. It would take a minimal effort to find out.  You can't properly manage something that you have no understanding of. 

And by the way, should we expect valentine's day event around Easter? ...just wondering 

I recommend not expecting anything at all. Let's be honest. They don't want to put in the work or effort. It's hard to be positive with NA Gm's when they literally don't deliver. I miss some of the old Gm's that actually gave us events. They actually showed they care.

unknown.png

Overall I think the +10 snowball rewards are an improvement from last year (thank god they finally took out the Iceveil Wings tbh), and I do appreciate that the only "bad" rewards are Ancient contracts, Wise Dragon King weapons, and Berdin stars. But I also think taking away the legendary contract was a rather uncalled for nerf, along with shortening the usual duration of the event.

I WANT THE REAL WHITE DRAGON WEAPON BOX :( never got to experience that white dragon realness .... Playing NA Just doing the unthinkable nerfing just to say they are acting incharge but sad to say they failed us. Auto attack could be great from the start and we miss alot of fun out of it. NA devs are clearly just repeatedly making bad decision. :( thanks anyway for this late event. 

Archived