Jump to content
Forums

Abysmal drop rate of DP


Recommended Posts

A thread commenting on the drop rate for Taha was made recently with Rin acknowledging the comments made there; however, globally the drop rate in DP for players that do not/cannot run S rank is also extremely poor. 

I play strictly weekends, and if not on-call so my time is limited up front like many others. I feel I make the most of my online time, but it's not enough to keep up with the gear curve for which my time allows and the added insult of a poor drop rate does not help. Past two weekends I've ran DP 2-3 times a day.  I've seen 5 golds total, including a weapon. That's it. It's costing more then it's worth.  But it's required to advance to S rank for example, but I can't get S rank as a glad because I do not have a dual wield weapon or my last armor piece or accessories. 

This is affecting group-making for the instance which leaves not much to do in game besides PvP, but I personally don't stand a chance their against those with Taha weapons and full 40/50e armors either... I digress. 

The manastone bundles are dumb. They give useless manastones most times. Why aren't these DP marks instead that need to be collected and then can be used to turn in for a gear box with the armor/accessory of your choosing?. Makes more sense. Why can't we get a vendor that sells scales and a stone at a lower price that is capped per how many can be purchased per 24hr or per week? This would surely make going frequently cheaper and also reduce the amount of active bots farming in Beluslan for scales. 

Honestly the average player is getting shafted here (which pressures them to leave) because they can't devote the amount of time, effort, or resources needed - or do not use dual boxing or personal bots to farm materials/kinah  for example. Would be nice if more efforts were made to even things out. A DP change would help, especially if it could apply to those without DP gear. 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Putyoutosleep
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your points are null, you are on the asmo side with prices being alot cheaper than the elyos side for entry.

With the gear issue most elyos don't have full 50e to do taha, I'm still using a +10 Sr set to heal dp in  and with a few others using the Sr plate set to tank s rank.

The mana stones bundles are fun u get better mana stones than getting rubbish ones.

Also the drop rate for dp golds isn't that bad compared to retail back in the day when you could go many runs with put seeing a gold, at least you are getting 1 gold per run atm.

In regards to your duel weapon issue get the dc sword and dagger I know many glads that used it to start off doing dp s rank. 

With your kinah issue it's your problem since you aren't playing smart with you kinah, with deing stuff you could make millions within mins or play the mat market.

The only thing that needs to be increased is the balur material drop rate as it seems that they haven't tweaked the drop rate to deal with the lower population.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s not the game’s fault how long you can or can’t play for. This is a Korean MMO, grind is everything especially on a classic version thereof. 

Drop rates are already significantly higher than they were “back in the day” anyway. That’s not even include tailored drop rate events.  This is why we see so many running around with taha weapons now compared to back then. Even very casual players have full anuhart now.

Edited by Pyromage-DN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Putyoutosleep said:

But it's required to advance to S rank for example, but I can't get S rank as a glad because I do not have a dual wield weapon or my last armor piece or accessories. 

sounds like you need to put more effort into the boss mechanics. How do you think people killed taha at the start? It was with SR/DC/e30 gear and learning the mechanics. After getting DP gear, it makes the run faster and easier but the mechanics remain the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Voodoodoctor-DN said:

sounds like you need to put more effort into the boss mechanics. How do you think people killed taha at the start? It was with SR/DC/e30 gear and learning the mechanics. After getting DP gear, it makes the run faster and easier but the mechanics remain the same.

For the first response I am on the elyos side. Second, I played retail from 1.2 to 2.7 and ran DP less than I have in classic and got all gear except weapon before quitting due to being at University. The next point, I cannot get accepted in a group for S rank because I do not have a dual wield weapon. All groups I have applied to have turned me down for this reason. I have ran DC and TL without luck. I have a trio spear +10 is all and cannot pay for a noble balaur lord's sword which is often on the broker. So I am stuck. 

I understand the mechanics of the fight from having a cleric with full mira and anuhart. However, this was prior to merge. People were less picky then. 

21 hours ago, Tasoulaaaa said:

Your points are null, you are on the asmo side with prices being alot cheaper than the elyos side for entry.

With the gear issue most elyos don't have full 50e to do taha, I'm still using a +10 Sr set to heal dp in  and with a few others using the Sr plate set to tank s rank.

The mana stones bundles are fun u get better mana stones than getting rubbish ones.

Also the drop rate for dp golds isn't that bad compared to retail back in the day when you could go many runs with put seeing a gold, at least you are getting 1 gold per run atm.

In regards to your duel weapon issue get the dc sword and dagger I know many glads that used it to start off doing dp s rank. 

With your kinah issue it's your problem since you aren't playing smart with you kinah, with deing stuff you could make millions within mins or play the mat market.

The only thing that needs to be increased is the balur material drop rate as it seems that they haven't tweaked the drop rate to deal with the lower population.

Your experience is different than mine and the people who say the same about manastone bundles. 

Im assuming you meant "dying" clothing or armor? I gather on a different character and sell that stuff. But it varies. So much undercutting.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The dc sword and dagger go from 5m to 10m for loot rights. It cheap for what they are

I ment equipment disenchanting for enchantment stones.

Also being a vet you should know that ppl don't want to run with a undergeared glad, this is your issue playing a class that is extremely gear dependent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...