Weekly Server Maintenance - February 9, 2022

Rin

14 hours ago, Cyfur said:

I have like 20k sigma shards that have dropped in Dredge and other places, they are a pain with a 10k stack size limit.

There is no  evidence of a shortage to me.

Like I said before, every 2nd. mob drops a few in fort instances.

And i have 26 stigma shards even when they drop from every 2nd mob.

I need over a 1000 to do dredges/arenas today, and then another 1000 to do forts/dp.

There is an evidence of a shortage to me.

22 hours ago, Cyfur said:

Stigma shards drop off every second fort instance mob. I have thousands of the things.

As a Templar, I go through thousands of the things very quickly

16 hours ago, Cyfur said:

I have like 20k sigma shards that have dropped in Dredge and other places, they are a pain with a 10k stack size limit.

There is no  evidence of a shortage to me.

Like I said before, every 2nd. mob drops a few in fort instances.

All this really tells me is you buy in bulk and don't use them often. Are you suggesting you've gained and maintained 20k shards off of the few that drop from every other mob? I sincerely doubt that. Any class or person that changes stigmas regularly wouldn't sustain that without purchasing them in bulk. There's a reason your opinion in this conversation is a minority. Stigma shards are an extremely common complaint.

23 hours ago, Rin said:

For everything else, thank you all for your feedback and discussions! If you continued to run into issues or problems, please don't hesitate to post about it. I will find answers if I can, and if I cannot, I will be reporting on it to the team.

I appreciate each of your time and patience ❤️ Hope this helps!

Thanks for the answer. Another question: are there any word or plan to bring back the Bunnies event for DP? and if not, is it possible for you to make this suggestion to the people in charge of these things? I, and many others, feel like this was a great addition to the game, and it should be a more frequent occurrence, like once every two weeks, or two weeks on two weeks off. Add the DP reset scrolls/entry items to the shop and voilà, free effing money.

As of right now, it still requires way too many runs to actually craft the weapon box, especially if each run takes over an hour (or even two if including the time to form the group and get entry items). Everyone has much less time now to run these PvE instances, due to the addition of arenas and fort instances, we really need to shorten the time it takes to finish DP and to get our Taha weapons.

(sorry in advance if you are not familiar with some of the things I mentioned in the post, it's about an end game content so you may not have heard of them yet at lvl 30ish, but this issue is quite important to a lot of our players and need the attention sooner than later)

9 hours ago, Moone said:

And i have 26 stigma shards even when they drop from every 2nd mob.

I need over a 1000 to do dredges/arenas today, and then another 1000 to do forts/dp.

There is an evidence of a shortage to me.

There are over 70,000 on the broker atm.

11 hours ago, Cyfur said:

When you have this many players arguing against your point then it's pretty obvious who doesn't have the popular opinion on stigma shards and prices. What class are you anyways? 

Personally as an SM I don't change complete stigs and I don't know why somebody would unless they are compensating for being undergeared and need a severe boost of dps or group dps. I only change one or two out to give myself the pve boost or go from dredge to open world pvp. It's still very costly no matter the price of shards or how many are on the broker. Even at 500 per shard you're talking about 500k or more just to re-stig a few skills.

14 hours ago, Cyfur said:

Alright, let me provide you with proper evidence and explanations as to why you're wrong, since you either seem very stubborn, or extremely stupid.

As a cleric, each spec have very extreme orientations, and each of them are basically required depending on what it is you are doing. Alone, a cleric in heal spec is completely defenseless, virtually doing no damage and having several skills that are completely useless due to being strictly PvE or oriented towards group play, whichs means that situations that asks of you to be alone requires a respec to DPS (arenas and OW PvP, for exemple).

On the flip side, using a DPS spec in group play is completely detrimental to your group. You're short of several aoe heals, dispels, and for PvE detaunts. So for things like Dredgion and DP S Rank, if you are the sole cleric and run in DPS, you're quite literally griefing your group.

Now please tell me how, given the current layout of activities, you are supposed to keep up with stigmas shards as a cleric trying to play optimally, when you have dailies followed by a Dredgion followed by arenas followed by another dredgion with your measly 2 stigma shards every other mobs and stacks of 10k costing close to 10mil when each respec costs you in the thousands? It sure as hell plagues my playtime, forcing me to just do nothing between activities and run shitty hybrid specs to try and save up on shards just to avoid griefing my team during group content.

As I stated, even if not as extreme, the same goes for over half of the cast (Cleric Chanter Sorcerer Spiritmaster Templar). The game is designed with large amount of players farming to make shards not as expensive nor rare, but unfortunately as it stands yes, we DO have a pretty big shortage. There's a reason why stigma shards were removed in later patches.

2 hours ago, Virlym said:

Alright, let me provide you with proper evidence and explanations as to why you're wrong, since you either seem very stubborn, or extremely stupid.

Let me provide you with proper evidence and explanations as to why you're wrong, since you either seem very stubborn, or extremely stupid.

Stigma shard are not scarce, they are sold on the brokers which is a market, market prices vary based on supply and demand. There is no evidence of short supply, therefore the price is what the market is prepared to pay for these items. If you can't afford shards, then it's your budgeting problem, not somebody else's problem.

So stop trying to externalize the blame, and sort out your budgeting problem.

52 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

Let me provide you with proper evidence and explanations as to why you're wrong, since you either seem very stubborn, or extremely stupid.

Stigma shard are not scarce, they are sold on the brokers which is a market, market prices vary based on supply and demand. There is no evidence of short supply, therefore the price is what the market is prepared to pay for these items. If you can't afford shards, then it's your budgeting problem, not somebody else's problem.

4 pages, and this is the cheapest per unit

TknbCUC.png

They only get more expensive from there. 

9E1On7N.png

wbJ6dyc.png

For people who burn through shards quickly, these are not cheap. For people who don't bot, or who don't RMT copiously, these aren't cheap. Four pages is also the most I've seen for shards in the last two weeks. Relatively shortly ago I remember seeing only 1 page.

So tell us more about your personal position in this. Let me guess, you just grind a lot.

41 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

Right, stupid it is.

The principle of supply and demand makes it so the price of an item inflates depending on how high the demand is. As it stands, a single stack of stigma shards that will last you about a week or so if you're being VERY frugal with them costs 10 millions, which is the equivalent in price to roughly 4000 runing scrolls, amount which would last you close to a month, an l90 stones, or enough manastones to socket several pieces of pvp equipment. This indicates that, in spite of peoples meticulously and actively making their playtime worse by refraining from either playing with the correct abilities or even playing at all, and therefor making the stocks more plentyful by avoiding to buy them, the price of shards is still horribly inflated.

Just because toilet paper was readily available for 50€ a roll on ebay when the first wave of covid hit doesnt mean the stock was plentyful and peoples just had to shit less and budget their body hygiene better. Again, stop talking about a matter in which you're clearly ignorant. As someone pointed out, the fact that literally no one agrees with you should make it obvious enough that you are in the wrong.

• Rin unpinned this topic

Archived