S minion salvage box transfer

Gabrielis

I did the combines with my main and received my minion box there. Since I already have a double S minion on main, I wanted to try transfer it to alt with token, and to my surprise the support told me « it is intended to be character bound ». Is it how it was during previous promotions guys ?

This is how it was in the past.  The only way around it is if you qualified on multiple toons.  You could then argue that they delivered it to the wrong toon and there was nothing in the "rules" that specified what toon would win in this case.

@RinHowever, just because it was a terrible experience in the past, doesn't mean this needs to continue.  Someone worked really hard to participate in this event and earned an S Rank box.  Does is really matter to NCWest what toon this box is used on?  It absolutely matters to players.  Having alts and experimenting is one of the very few things keeping the remaining players in this game.  Why make this hard and frustrating?

PS:  The GMs know nothing about game play and impact.  They believe in the absolute divinity of Aion and if the devs made the item unstorable in the account warehouse, then there must be a very good reason for it (even if that isn't the case).  If we'd like this policy changed in the future, we're instructed to bring up the discussion in the forums and in the future devs might issue different items.  Until then, GMs won't help with this.  This includes items like Sports Skill Bundles on vandals for which a skill has never existed, and never will.  Literally a useless item for a toon, yet for some reason can't be moved (by design according to GMs) to any other character on the account.

4 hours ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

This is how it was in the past.  The only way around it is if you qualified on multiple toons.  You could then argue that they delivered it to the wrong toon and there was nothing in the "rules" that specified what toon would win in this case.

@RinHowever, just because it was a terrible experience in the past, doesn't mean this needs to continue.  Someone worked really hard to participate in this event and earned an S Rank box.  Does is really matter to NCWest what toon this box is used on?  It absolutely matters to players.  Having alts and experimenting is one of the very few things keeping the remaining players in this game.  Why make this hard and frustrating?

PS:  The GMs know nothing about game play and impact.  They believe in the absolute divinity of Aion and if the devs made the item unstorable in the account warehouse, then there must be a very good reason for it (even if that isn't the case).  If we'd like this policy changed in the future, we're instructed to bring up the discussion in the forums and in the future devs might issue different items.  Until then, GMs won't help with this.  This includes items like Sports Skill Bundles on vandals for which a skill has never existed, and never will.  Literally a useless item for a toon, yet for some reason can't be moved (by design according to GMs) to any other character on the account.

Very well put, I’m sure you are voicing the whole Aion community’s opinion. Please @Rin help us

42 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

I do not see how transferring a minion from an event salvage box is an issue. It is in the same account and it shouldn't cause a collision.

Well, I don’t know if you have same impression as I, but we mostly receive negative answers from the support. Every time I send a ticket, I’m expecting a rejection.

5 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

It is in the same account and it shouldn't cause a collision.

A collision isn't the concern.  Support has a rule prohibiting the transfer of non-account warehouseable items to other characters on the account.  Since this event item was non-warehouseable it was the devs intent to prohibit this and so support can't intervene.  If we don't like this, we need to impress upon @Rinto impress upon the devs make future items account warehouseable.  This goes for items earned in events like these, and for nearly every other toon bound items.  There is very little rational behind many of the toon bound items we have today.  Players would love the default to be 100% tradable within an account, with very few, clearly rationalized exceptions. 

2 hours ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

A collision isn't the concern.  Support has a rule prohibiting the transfer of non-account warehouseable items to other characters on the account.  Since this event item was non-warehouseable it was the devs intent to prohibit this and so support can't intervene.  If we don't like this, we need to impress upon @Rinto impress upon the devs make future items account warehouseable.  This goes for items earned in events like these, and for nearly every other toon bound items.  There is very little rational behind many of the toon bound items we have today.  Players would love the default to be 100% tradable within an account, with very few, clearly rationalized exceptions. 

Of course I understand character bound items, but we do have the token system that goes against some outcomes.

• Aion Team

Hey friends. I just wanted to let you know that I've definitely read over this and your original comments too on the S-Rank Minion Thread, AnonymousCoward.

As I continue to stress, I cannot make any promises of change of course. However, I wanted to acknowledge again that this thread, along with everyone's, is being read and I'm reporting on it. (I've been try to comment or give a "like" on threads or responses to let folks know I've read it.)

What I can say for this, is that we definitely understand and also feel the frustration with these things, and your continued feedback on it are super helpful. I think it's well known in the gaming industry as a whole, but to iterate for both Aion and Classic, there is some very, very 'interesting'  limitations and restraints we have (yes, even with the token system) that would seem like something like this would have an easy fix. As much as all of us wish that was the case, looking deeper into it and asking an abundant of questions, it's not quite.

We still want to keep these promotions going as everyone has mentioned they like them, but of course, we definitely have heard it's not great that players can't give some items to their alt characters they want to (VERY specifically around minions, too.)

All of this is to say, I really want to keep hearing and keep seeing the feedback, as it is extremely helpful in continuing to raise the flag and finding out IF and WHERE we can get wins in situations. In the mean time, I'm going to keep talking with you all here, listening to what I can, and keep raising those flags as much as possible.

I hope this is helpful to some degree, even if it's not an answer—it's mostly from the point of what I can control. Thank you so much more than anything for handling the conversations in a constructive and polite way, it really helps make my personal job a little easier day to day. ❤️ 

This is very helpful.  Thank you Rin.  Change doesn't usually happen overnight.  But it certainly can happen.  Keep raising these issues and providing us a voice. ❤️   

With respect to items and events.  I suggest looking through Aion's item catalog.  There are many items with the same name with different characteristics, including account transferrable versions of the same item name.  Delivering one item id vs another is not usually that difficult.  Also, take a look at the events from EU, RU, and KR publishers.  These events are typically considered to be much better than their NA equivalents, and honestly the NA community doesn't understand why this is the case.

An example of item frustration is the Wise Dragon King weapon selection boxes that we've seen in events and is available in Game of Fate.  The item delivered is and has always been a worthless skin.  The quality item that is available from all other publishers, includes a skill.  Granted I'm not an Aion dev, but the expectation is that it shouldn't be too difficult to deliver a good item id, vs a bad item id.  The code to render and use the item should already be part of the core game, as this item is many years old at this point. 

Hopefully these are simple oversights that have gone on far too long and are things that we can work through you to address in the future.  If things get more complicated, I think the community can accept honest explanations of reality and can help come up with alternative suggestions.  Thank you again for your continued support and engagement.

Archived