Weekly Server Maintenance - February 23, 2022

Rin

On 2/22/2022 at 8:28 PM, Rin said:

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 4 hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

Thank you!

@RinThe Apostle Legendary Transformation Contract on BCM for 4,000 BC coin is not Apostle Transformation Contract. In fact I know a few people that purchased more than 10 of them and got NOT even a single apostle contract. Is that a bug? Thanks!59kRA2q486acMvtczJqSbTQiB?token=eyJhbGci

3 hours ago, Sedulicious-DN said:

@RinThe Apostle Legendary Transformation Contract on BCM for 4,000 BC coin is not Apostle Transformation Contract. In fact I know a few people that purchased more than 10 of them and got NOT even a single apostle contract. Is that a bug? Thanks!59kRA2q486acMvtczJqSbTQiB?token=eyJhbGci

No offense, but this is normal Aion RNG. There are 6 apostles and 10 normals. Trust me I've been completely screwed by RNG so many times, but sometimes it works the other way. I bet someone got multiple apostles.

Perhaps they could have named it something clearer though so people didn't think it was a guaranteed apostle.

19 minutes ago, Zappies-DN said:

No offense, but this is normal Aion RNG. There are 6 apostles and 10 normals. Trust me I've been completely screwed by RNG so many times, but sometimes it works the other way. I bet someone got multiple apostles.

Perhaps they could have named it something clearer though so people didn't think it was a guaranteed apostle.

That is what the confusion is, it is Apostle a falls advertisement. 

18 minutes ago, Zappies-DN said:

No offense, but thats fraud.

17 minutes ago, Shampoo said:

No offense, but thats fraud.

@RinAs I'm sure you can tell, people are quite frustrated here.  Nobody likes feeling scammed.  This situation is also solved by enumerating the contents of things.  It's not just for event rewards, but for bcm items too.  There are 12 legendary apostles in game and I think it's reasonable that a random 16 "Apostle Legendary Contract" include those one of those 12 with a rare chance of getting one of the 4 ultimates, or something along those lines.

The point is, for $50 there shouldn't be any guesswork.  

12 hours ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

@RinAs I'm sure you can tell, people are quite frustrated here.  Nobody likes feeling scammed.  This situation is also solved by enumerating the contents of things.  It's not just for event rewards, but for bcm items too.  There are 12 legendary apostles in game and I think it's reasonable that a random 16 "Apostle Legendary Contract" include those one of those 12 with a rare chance of getting one of the 4 ultimates, or something along those lines.

The point is, for $50 there shouldn't be any guesswork.  

So you want the game to go full p2w? $50 and you go kill everyone like Rambo? People have spent thousands to try and get BCM rng items for as long as I've played this. If you can buy everything guaranteed and be done where is the character progression and how is that fair to f2p or sometimes spenders? They can buy more apostle boxes and force RNG into their favour.

If people read the description it clearly states it is a legendary grade special contract same as the ancients and all the other contract packages in bcm.

Just spend more help the server :)

18 hours ago, Sedulicious-DN said:

You win some you lose some, Ultimately this pack is designed to get as much $'s out of players as possible. It would be cool is someone datamined this pack to see the % chance of apostle's.

At the end of the day the you know a few people who bought 10 of them means the game will stay open for a few more months, You should be thanking NCsoft that they have so much RNG because if they did not Aion in NA would of shut down before classic even released in KR.

On 2/26/2022 at 5:01 PM, LordSiegfried-DN said:

what is the possibility of gameforge taking over the NA server?

0%, I am from Europe and I was playing in EU when NCSoft sold the rights to failforge and I had to leave my region and play with perma ping here!

If they get Aion NA too then there will be no aion left for us to play.

• Aion Team

Hey everyone, just updating with a bit more information around the Frozen Magic Event Item Removal coming soon. Full details here just in case:

If you have further feedback or details, feel free to add them to this thread still.

Thank you all so much!

We have extended the removal date to March 9, 2022, and there is also a minor update to the items being removed as well. Here is the complete updated list:

+1 – +10 Snowballs, including those purchased from the Black Cloud Marketplace (and subsequently enchanted).

Gourmet Candy Galaxy Bundle (*Newly added)

That is not a minor update, you keep minimizing stuff like that doesn't go well in building trust.  You are now deleting something that people bought will real money, after stating that it wont be deleted prior and during the event, another blatant bait and switch. Also you are removing a bundle that had nothing to do with this event, and people have been holding on for 4-5 months now, and doing it in a forum post where most people wont even see it, maybe sent out a survey in-game when you do such shady things next time, or at the least put it on the website. @Rin

• Aion Team
1 hour ago, Shampoo said:

That is not a minor update, you keep minimizing stuff like that doesn't go well in building trust.  You are now deleting something that people bought will real money, after stating that it wont be deleted prior and during the event, another blatant bait and switch. Also you are removing a bundle that had nothing to do with this event, and people have been holding on for 4-5 months now, and doing it in a forum post where most people wont even see it, maybe sent out a survey in-game when you do such shady things next time, or at the least put it on the website. @Rin

Hi Shampoo.

The intention was not to downgrade the information as if it was minimal, more meant that there was minor change to the overall items originally presented in addition to what else was being deleted, while letting people know across the board both in-game, on the blog, and here on the forums.

A survey is also going out to notify people of the deletion, hence why we also gave it an extra week.

Hope that helps, and thank you very much for your worry and feedback.

16 minutes ago, Rin said:

Hi Shampoo.

The intention was not to downgrade the information as if it was minimal, more meant that there was minor change to the overall items originally presented in addition to what else was being deleted, while letting people know across the board both in-game, on the blog, and here on the forums.

A survey is also going out to notify people of the deletion, hence why we also gave it an extra week.

You cant change the conditions of a purchase after the fact, this is fraud.

7 hours ago, Rin said:

Hi Shampoo.

Why on EARTH would you need to remove the Galaxy Bundles? Please, a real reason not lip service, the item itself says NOTHING about future deletion.

l0RMiEl.jpg

Do I not deserve to keep an item I worked for?

Why does NCsoft feel the need to constantly penalize, abuse and degrade us with decisions that make zero sense?

With the current state of the game you'd think it would be the opposite. Oh nyerk, they have something nice! KILL IT WITH FIRE.

sigh

9 hours ago, Rin said:

Hi Shampoo.

Rin I understand the need to delete event affiliated items (not their final rewards like enchants or consumables, but the event items that hold them in an RNG pouch).

The reason they delete those is that events that come every year have the same item IDs (snowballs for example), but every year event items reflect the current patch so the same event items get an updated reward list with many reward/items that didn't exist in the previous years. So keeping last year's snowballs to get new rewards this year is trying to be avoided by the company and we get it.

Additionally there are more or less event items every year, for example last year we had 4 weeks of snowballs versus 2 weeks this year, and every day we could get two more easy snowballs per char from lugbug daily. So having 4x the amount of snowballs from last year and open them this year could create a bigger collision.

~~

BUT deleting the event rewards RIGHT after the event ended is too tight and serves no purpose to be so strict.

The best thing they could do is:

• Keep the event NPCs 1 more week after the event ended so everyone can consume their event affiliate currency (like wintry coins in snowball event for example)
  • Keep the snowballs until the next year and delete them 1~2 weeks before the new event starts to avoid collisions with the NEW event.
    --> If 1 year is too much then keep them 1 week just like the event npcs.
  • ...have it announced before the event starts and do not change the details after the event ended like this year!

...with the above changes nobody will have an issue. Just cut us some slack and we will be happy.

10 hours ago, Nameer-KT said:

Hi @Rin , I wish that all of you were made [BCM] Ancient Winter Fox Transformation Contract to be selection instead of random!! Because I got x2 same transformation LOL :/ :/ :/ 

So, what you're saying is...If I purchase 2 Pixel Hanbok Winter Fox Transformation Piece Bundle (that are limited 2 per account) and use the 2 pieces to make a contract and get a fox. Then buy another 2 Winter Fox Apostle Transformation Piece Package (that are also limited 2 per account)  for the final 2 pieces and make another contract...there is a possibility of me getting a dupe and not completing the set???? So, I'd then have to sacrifice my 1st born and hope to get the one I need from the 50x 68 types contract?

• Rin unpinned this topic
On 2/23/2022 at 2:33 PM, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

It would be helpful to be explicit here.  Simply tell us what the rewards will actually be.  There have been multiple prior events that gave slightly different ultimate rewards in the end. 

On 2/22/2022 at 8:38 PM, Haniya-DN said:

@Rin Just curious, will the reward box for the ultimate transformation promotion include the option to select Nezekan and Zikel, or will it just be the four-types we've had from previous promotions?

@Rin Can you triple check?

On 2/23/2022 at 3:38 AM, Haniya-DN said:

@Rin Just curious, will the reward box for the ultimate transformation promotion include the option to select Nezekan and Zikel, or will it just be the four-types we've had from previous promotions?

I am sure it is the old 4 types, the two new types are gotten by the ultimate breath of transformation + fragments we get from lugbug missions in a selectable box.

On 3/1/2022 at 2:25 AM, Rin said:

Hi Shampoo.

Still no survey tho, @Rin. And the extra week is getting shorter. "on the blog" you just ninja changed the information of a past event, theres no reason for anyone to check it since its over, so that hardly constitutes across the board. Maybe next time bring it to the top, with some UPDATED label, with clear highlight of what the UPDATED and relevant information is?

Archived