Weekly Server Maintenance - March 2, 2022

Rin

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Shugo Games 2 Begins
    • Additional Promotion: During the event period, all Daevas that obtain at least 15 or more [Event] Shugo Games Marks will receive an [Event] Festival Crown Box and an [Event] Major Festival Enchantment Stone Box!
      • Rewards will be distributed to one character per account that accumulates a total of 15 or more Tokens by March 25, 2022.
      • Tokens spent towards the “Skeleton Mask Selection Box” will still be counted towards the 15 total marks.
  • Some quests below LVL 50 have had the EXP rewards modified.

Thank you!

30 minutes ago, CaptainWinters-KT said:

I will be totally honest, this game needs players... Where events for new incoming players to help them catch up? roaming around in abyss for no pvp not fun 

100% this

Also drop rate needs to be matched the NA player base, eg the boiling balur stains, even if u wanted to buy them off the broker you cant for a try.

9 hours ago, CaptainWinters-KT said:

I will be totally honest, this game needs players... Where events for new incoming players to help them catch up? roaming around in abyss for no pvp not fun 

PVP is not fun in this game. If everyone was equally matched and success depended on the players skill instead of gear, then it might be. Forced PVP killed the retail version and it will kill this.  

O.o Pvp in aion is one of the best in the tab target market, i have killed +15 baka glads as a cleric easily and some will destroy me, aion is very skilled based game,  gear smooths out how terrible the player is, and also only the skilled players are left everyone else has quit oh and sms they are broken.

Really!?!?!? the shugo games? that wasnt a hit last time and yall shouldnt have even tried to bring this back. Fix the drop rates or bring a better event. Give us the shugo treasure rooms, the box opening events, something but this shugo event......... *sigh*

• Aion Team
3 hours ago, SirStabsALot said:

this shugo event......... *sigh*

Honest curiosity: Other than the base rewards given out of the bundles, is the additional promotion also not up to your liking as a reward?

Additional Promotion: During the event period, all Daeva’s that obtain at least 15 or more [Event] Shugo Games Marks will receive an [Event] Festival Crown Box and an [Event] Major Festival Enchantment Stone Box!

• Rewards will be distributed to one character per account that accumulates a total of 15 or more Tokens by March 25, 2022.
  • Tokens spent towards the “Skeleton Mask Selection Box” will still be counted towards the 15 total marks.

I would be very keen to hear and let the team know about the rewards and the additional promotion, and still appreciate knowing if each of you like or dislike the event as a general thing to do! 

Just so everyone knows, this event is also slightly different from the last one. It is NOT the same "red-light green-light" Shugo Game like last time, but a whole new challenge! So it will be interesting to hear from all of you what you think, and as always I'll collect that information and bring it up where I can!

18 hours ago, Tasoulaaaa said:

So will the exp be increased or decreased?

Increased! :) 

It is the skins that ppl are upset with, there are so many good skins in aion that we could have, and we get the skull mask that no one wants and has been in the shop before, with barely any one wearing it. 

And the event skins have been terrible, the Halloween skin was a 4 part skin and we only got the top, the second  to last token event skin gave you a skin that you buy with 100k in sanc, the Christmas event gave u a skin from retail aion in 1.5 that you could buy with kinha and the last shugo games are just a re-color of the track suit.

and we looking to Kr aion and they are getting all the really cool stuff, and we are going why cant we get that for our events and shop. 

I know i would be spending a lot more if there are weekly skins that come out. 

Would very much like to know when we are getting 1.9, the game needs to keep its current players and get old ones back and with this amount of content to run the population is just decreasing more and more. 2.0 would be awesome but that wont happen for a while for sure, we really need some news on 1.9 patch though seriously. 

Fyi, at least on the asmodian side, you guys messed up the racial pointer of the candies distributed through the survey (the black tiger ones). When using them, the appearance is completely deformed.

Usually, this is caused by an incorrect form ID being attached to the item (in this case, it's likely the elyos and asmodian ID were either inverted, or the elyos ID was applied to both candies).

As for the event rewards in general, I think you guys could get away with being a bit more generous overall. The server pop is pretty low as it stands, and because of that, stock on alot of essential items is sparce and overinflated in price. The most common talked about items would be balic ingredients, high grade enchant stones (over 80), TRADEABLE stigma shards, candies (would help counteract a select few on elyos side having infinite wyvern forms due to the bundle messup), reset scrolls, godstones...

I'm sure increasing the rate of double loot events would also help alot. The majority of players here are NA, and NA players are not patient. Alot of peoples just quit over not getting drops from the common high level instances.

The last thing peoples are interested in from events are shitty lesser ancient crowns and low level enchant stones. AP is insanely plentyful with forts as is. If you want to put an AP reward, just put major crowns. As for stones, 60-70s are very common thanks to DP items now being able to be disenchanted, so they don't really qualify as event grade rewards.

11 minutes ago, Virlym said:

Fyi, at least on the asmodian side, you guys messed up the racial pointer of the candies distributed through the survey (the black tiger ones). When using them, the appearance is completely deformed.

Usually, this is caused by an incorrect form ID being attached to the item (in this case, it's likely the elyos and asmodian ID were either inverted, or the elyos ID was applied to both candies).

As for the event rewards in general, I think you guys could get away with being a bit more generous overall. The server pop is pretty low as it stands, and because of that, stock on alot of essential items is sparce and overinflated in price. The most common talked about items would be balic ingredients, high grade enchant stones (over 80), TRADEABLE stigma shards, candies (would help counteract a select few on elyos side having infinite wyvern forms due to the bundle messup), reset scrolls, godstones...

I'm sure increasing the rate of double loot events would also help alot. The majority of players here are NA, and NA players are not patient. Alot of peoples just quit over not getting drops from the common high level instances.

The last thing peoples are interested in from events are shitty lesser ancient crowns and low level enchant stones. AP is insanely plentyful with forts as is. If you want to put an AP reward, just put major crowns. As for stones, 60-70s are very common thanks to DP items now being able to be disenchanted, so they don't really qualify as event grade rewards.

I think you mostly correct with that post the only thing I disagree with the event drop rate increase,  it should be permanent especially with the balic mats and the theo zones should be able to get fabled stuff and godstones again. 

With retail 1.5 we had a drop rate different to the kr aion that matched  with the na player base it needs to be the same now with world drops.

• Aion Team
2 hours ago, Virlym said:

Oh! I've let the team know, they said they're on it! 

3 hours ago, Tasoulaaaa said:

I think you mostly correct with that post the only thing I disagree with the event drop rate increase,  it should be permanent especially with the balic mats and the theo zones should be able to get fabled stuff and godstones again. 

With retail 1.5 we had a drop rate different to the kr aion that matched  with the na player base it needs to be the same now with world drops.

yep maybe with  @Rin is a good moment to revert those changes that aren't good for NA since our population is really low compared to korea, while korea has lots of bots our bot population is low. remove the drops from open world affected more to normal players than bot users.

• Rin unpinned this topic

Archived