Weekly Server Maintenance - March 16, 2022 [Aion]

Rin

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 6 hours and 30 minutes.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Apsaranta Meal Kit Beings
  • Garden of Growth Ends
  • Shugoling Corps Coins Exchanged to Event Coins
  • Ultimate Transformation Promotion items will be delivered to qualifying participants by EoD Pacific Time

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, Rin said:

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 6 hours and 30 minutes.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

Thank you!

Hello Rin, will we get the Ultimate Transformation Contract Selection Box tomorrow from the promo event?🙂cat-please.gif

• Aion Team
10 minutes ago, Gked said:

Hello Rin, will we get the Ultimate Transformation Contract Selection Box tomorrow from the promo event?🙂cat-please.gif

Ah yes, thank you! You are correct! I added it to the notes as well :) They should be delivered by end of day pacific time to qualifying participants! 

@RinThank you for an event that appears to be pretty solid.  Here's some early feedback based on info from the release.

General:

• Good job!  These rewards seem relevant to players.
  • [Event] gear is often toon bound and not brokerable.  This is a shame.  A large number of rewards appear to be this way.  It's really frustrating as a player to spend hours farming for meals only to receive rewards that I'm not interested, or would be better served on an alt on the same account, due to rng.  Continued frustration causes folks not to log in and participate in these events.  Please replace [Event] items with their unlocked equivalent, if one exists.  In that way, even if I don't get something I immediately need, there's an economy of items I can participate in.

[Event] Simple Meal Kit:

• In general, great start.  There is more great stuff than not, so I'll only focus on things I think could be better in the future.  The rest is great.
  • [Event] Instance Dungeon Bonus Entry Bundle -- Not clear what is in here.  The only instances that really matter are PFHM and HoA.  Please ensure that at least PFHM is supported at this level, and HoA the next (seems like this might be the case, but not clear from the event notes).
  • [Event] Bundle of 10 Grade A Minium -- 10 is a worthless amount.  This should be 500+ here.
  • [Event] Consumables Bundle -- this is a worthless item.  It shouldn't be in any event, ever.

[Event] Fancy Meal Kit:

• Again great start. Only minor fixes.
  • Some rewards aren't better here.  Wraps  and passive skills are still identical to lower level kit.  Consider upping the multiplier here, like in other items at this level.  Don't worry about the market or flooding anything.  The whole point is that these event allow participants to progress rapidly giving 2x wraps or passive skills at this level won't break anything here.
  • [Event] Extreme Weapon Selection Box -- Extreme gear doesn't exist in NA.  I assume you mean Paragon.  Polish and clarity here would be nice.
  • [Event] Bundle of 10 Grade S Minium -- 10 is a worthless amount.  This should be 500+ here.
  • [Event] Socket Stone Bundle -- this is a worthless item and including it a top tier makes ppl angry.  You get thousands of socket stones by breaking down heartguard weapons/armor.  The price of which is roughly similar to the cost of a [Event] Apsaranta Cooler.  Socket stones are plentiful now, drop this item and allow ppl to spend their rng on better rewards.

And that's about it.  Thanks for an even that at first glance is pretty good.  Now give ppl an incentive to log in, by ensuring that participation yields results they can actually use in some form (either directly, or indirectly via broker or alts).  Clean up some of the worthless or underprovisioned rewards too, if you can.

28 minutes ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

@RinThank you for an event that appears to be pretty solid.  Here's some early feedback based on info from the release.

General:

• [Event] gear is often toon bound and not brokerable.  This is a shame.  A large number of rewards appear to be this way.  It's really frustrating as a player to spend hours farming for meals only to receive rewards that I'm not interested, or would be better served on an alt on the same account, due to rng.  Continued frustration causes folks not to log in and participate in these events.  Please replace [Event] items with their unlocked equivalent, if one exists.  In that way, even if I don't get something I immediately need, there's an economy of items I can participate in.

[Event] Simple Meal Kit:

• In general, great start.  There is more great stuff than not, so I'll only focus on things I think could be better in the future.  The rest is great.
  • [Event] Instance Dungeon Bonus Entry Bundle -- Not clear what is in here.  The only instances that really matter are PFHM and HoA.  Please ensure that at least PFHM is supported at this level, and HoA the next (seems like this might be the case, but not clear from the event notes).
  • [Event] Bundle of 10 Grade A Minium -- 10 is a worthless amount.  This should be 500+ here.
  • [Event] Consumables Bundle -- this is a worthless item.  It shouldn't be in any event, ever.

[Event] Fancy Meal Kit:

• Some rewards aren't better here.  Wraps  and passive skills are still identical to lower level kit.  Consider upping the multiplier here, like in other items at this level.  Don't worry about the market or flooding anything.  The whole point is that these event allow participants to progress rapidly giving 2x wraps or passive skills at this level won't break anything here.
  • [Event] Extreme Weapon Selection Box -- Extreme gear doesn't exist in NA.  I assume you mean Paragon.  Polish and clarity here would be nice.
  • [Event] Bundle of 10 Grade S Minium -- 10 is a worthless amount.  This should be 500+ here.
  • [Event] Socket Stone Bundle -- this is a worthless item and including it a top tier makes ppl angry.  You get thousands of socket stones by breaking down heartguard weapons/armor.  The price of which is roughly similar to the cost of a [Event] Apsaranta Cooler.  Socket stones are plentiful now, drop this item and allow ppl to spend their rng on better rewards.

And that's about it.  Thanks for an even that at first glance is pretty good.  Now give ppl an incentive to log in, by ensuring that participation yields results they can actually use in some form (either directly, or indirectly via broker or alts).  Clean up some of the worthless or underprovisioned rewards too, if you can.

Very good observations. 

5 hours ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

General:

[Event] Simple Meal Kit:

[Event] Fancy Meal Kit:

Regarding the [Event] Instance Dungeon Bonus Entry Bundle, it should be the same bundle we already have. If it is the same one, then yes, both those scrolls are inside.  The real question is, can we pick which one we want from the box? 🤔

[Event] Altar of Ascension (Easy) Bonus Entry Ticket
[Event] Altar of Ascension (Normal) Bonus Entry Ticket
[Event] Benirunerk's Estate (Easy) Bonus Entry Ticket
[Event] Benirunerk's Estate (Normal) Bonus Entry Ticket

[Event] Heart of Apsaranta Bonus Entry Ticket
[Event] Primeth's Forge (Hard) Bonus Entry Ticket

[Event] Primeth's Forge (Normal) Bonus Entry Ticket
[Event] Stellin Laboratory (Easy) Bonus Entry
[Event] Stellin Laboratory (Normal) Bonus Entry

As for the [Event] Extreme Weapon Selection Box, that's been the translated name since they first released it. My thought is that they used the word "extreme" because calling it an "ultimate" box would sound even more confusing and be confused with the tier classification. It's been around for years. The name fits anyways, it's been extremely rare to get Paragon gear/events. 

I would rather they leave the name how it is then break the event/game trying to adjust it. 

icon_item_fruit_04.pngicon_item_fruit_06.pngicon_cash_item_box_03.pngicon_wrap_world_event_thegivingtree_treeicon_wrap_world_event_thegivingtree_tree

extremegear.png

Paragon Aethercannon of Desperation      
Paragon Aethercannon of Fighting Spirit      
Paragon Bow of Desperation      
Paragon Bow of Fighting Spirit      
Paragon Chromablaster of Desperation      
Paragon Chromablaster of Fighting Spirit      
Paragon Cipher-Blade of Desperation      
Paragon Cipher-Blade of Fighting Spirit      
Paragon Dagger of Desperation      
Paragon Dagger of Fighting Spirit      
Paragon Greatsword of Desperation      
Paragon Greatsword of Fighting Spirit      
Paragon Harp of Desperation      
Paragon Harp of Fighting Spirit      
Paragon Mace of Desperation      
Paragon Mace of Fighting Spirit      
Paragon Orb of Desperation      
Paragon Orb of Fighting Spirit      
Paragon Pistol of Desperation      
Paragon Pistol of Fighting Spirit      
Paragon Polearm of Desperation      
Paragon Polearm of Fighting Spirit      
Paragon Spellbook of Desperation      
Paragon Spellbook of Fighting Spirit      
Paragon Staff of Desperation      
Paragon Staff of Fighting Spirit      
Paragon Sword of Desperation      
Paragon Sword of Fighting Spirit

7 hours ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

If it is this item, then it isn't good.  As neither PFHM nor HoA is there.  Garden is over for another year.

unknown.png

That doesn't look like it. It's in a bundle. Pretty sure it should be [item:188077733] called [이벤트] 인던 추가 입장 꾸러미(https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/188077733)

This is the Simple Meal Kit (https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/188077731)
This is the Fancy Meal Kit (https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/188077732)

Let me know if you get one and they changed it.

@Rin You guys forgot to add the Event items to Lugbug rewards again. On the site it says:

Lugbug Missions

The following missions will reward additional event items during the event:

Mission                                                                                                     Additional Reward During Event

[Apsaranta] Defeat Operation Site Occupation Troops      [Event] Apsaranta Cooler

[Apsaranta] Operation Site Scout Report                                 [Event] Red Fruit

[Apsaranta] Aggressors Among the Apsu Legion                  [Event] Golden Fruit

You need to offer these books outside of events and bosses. Persuading people to fight a uphill battle with elyos that already have had their books for months on end is not a good way to retain your player base. You should be bending over backwards for people to stay playing this game with a lot of others out right now.

• Aion Team
2 hours ago, Gallium-DN said:

@Rin You guys forgot to add the Event items to Lugbug rewards again.

2 hours ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

Some of them appear to be there

Hello to you both! I have sent this to my team and awaiting further confirmation, so thank you for your patience. I'll try to get back to you as soon as I have more information on the intended function of the Lugbug missions.

• Rin unpinned this topic

Archived