Weekly Server Maintenance - March 23, 2022 [Classic]

Rin

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

GAME MAINTENANCE:

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 3 hours and 15 minutes.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

FORUMS MAINTENANCE:

The forums are also scheduled for a brief maintenance at 9:30 am Pacific Time! We expect any downtime to last less than 30 minutes. If you have any problems after the update completes, please inform us by submitting a ticket to our support team at support.aiononline.com, or by e-mail at support@aiononline.com so that we can investigate.

Thank you!

• Aion Team

As a side note: I wanted to take a moment and say thank you again for all your feedback this last week, and looking forward to more coming up! It's been a busy week here with the team, and all of your continued conversations on the forums and your patience is extremely helpful. I'll keep doing my best to keep everyone informed as soon as I know more information on any other topics, and please keep your conversations coming!

Thank you rin for your engagement with the coumunity it is helpful that we seeing change within aion.

On regards to the deava pass can you please let us know if we are getting the hot heart of magic in a pass as this is wanted by alot of the community.

Hello Rin, 

With all due respect, can you please get the developers to work on this game more? Please ask them to patch it up and make it more like the old CLASSIC aion? I think we're all ready for Inggison and the maps that  are not open. Most of us are already maxed out at 50 waiting for the level cap to increase. And by the way way the quest marker problem is still not resolved after two months. 

Cheers :)

I am not ready for Inggison, it's already the focus of Aion retail.

I hate the ground forts, they detract from the Abyss, they don't encourage PvP.

L55 gear is ok.

The main problem with Aion atm is if you want AP gear for your toons, you have to get into a group that wont let you join unless you already have AP gear.

That means you either stick with having poor AP gear, or you become a PvE care bear.

I put on my block list anyone that insists on a gear check before I join their group. My block list is long.

This doesn't happen so much in Aion retail because you can work on PvP gear without the permission of others.

The flight pvp is terrible for most classes and im glad there is more ground pvp is coming 

This only applies to dredge not to the forts.

If u having such a hard time getting ap why not farm to for ap at the fort guards 

Why not starting your own groups for dredge or forts unless you just want a carry from the better geared playes?

7 hours ago, Tasoulaaaa said:

The flight pvp is terrible for most classes and im glad there is more ground pvp is coming 

This only applies to dredge not to the forts.

If u having such a hard time getting ap why not farm to for ap at the fort guards 

Why not starting your own groups for dredge or forts unless you just want a carry from the better geared playes?

Yeah it's so easy to get 30e right now that I would have to say if people don't at least have that they're either too new or don't know what they're doing. My cleric just grinded out complete 40e during the AP event.

Flight pvp sucks, 2.0 going to bring the havok back for ground. 

1 hour ago, Ontwo said:

Yeah it's so easy to get 30e right now that I would have to say if people don't at least have that they're either too new or don't know what they're doing. My cleric just grinded out complete 40e during the AP event.

Flight pvp sucks, 2.0 going to bring the havok back for ground. 

And if they ARE that new, what is their fate?

6 minutes ago, Luana-KT said:

And if they ARE that new, what is their fate?

Grind out AP gear with fort instances, dredge, siege, fort mobs or pvp. It's so easy to gain AP and medals for gear right now. Full 30e armor in a few weeks should be easily achievable for anybody in this patch.

21 minutes ago, Ontwo said:

Grind out AP gear with fort instances, dredge, siege, fort mobs or pvp. It's so easy to gain AP and medals for gear right now. Full 30e armor in a few weeks should be easily achievable for anybody in this patch.

Alright so lets begin

1: Fort Instances: The problem here is that when it comes to these, most players expect you to be in tip top gear to step in here. Unless you're a Chanter or a Cleric, chances are unless you have a +10-15 Bakrama or Tahabata Weapon you wont be let in, and even for Clerics and Chanters you may get turned down

2: Fort Monsters: perhaps the only workable viable solution, considering these can be done ad infinitum and have no AP cap...if not for the hordes of enemy players who'd make sure you cant even try. The ACTUAL solution would have been to try staying at a lower level, where there is far less competition at the forts, and do your AP farming there for a while; an actual workable Solution, if not for the fact that doing this automatically makes you scum of the Earth to the playerbase. "Turbo to level 50 and work the rest out" is the name of the game; often it really doesn't work itself out though

3: Go out and pvp: How are you pvping with no pvp gear to begin with? Not to mention this is actually the worst way to farm AP, even if all you did was kill the bots NCSoft failed to address

4: Dredge: This is the fort Dilemma, amplified. If you dont have pvp gear and are not an essential class (or even if you are) many wont let you in. And sometimes even basic pvp gear isn't enough because "By now, everyone should be in 40e minimum" mentality. Try to do quick queue and you're best farming guards anyway (seeing a pattern here)

long story short, the best fit solution is to farm guards; which is fine if not for the constant hunting parties coming at you. Best actual bet is to camp out a lower level and farm guards there...while dealing with severe condemnation from your entire faction who for the most part wont help you one bit if you DO follow what they say and go to the endgame level to suffer

Of course, there's always the option to pve to pvp; gather up pve gear then trudge through the pvp nonsense in it. This would be fine if not for the near non-existent drop rate in the game (1: going 100 DP-A to end up in 2/5 pieces of Anuhart Gear, 2: the open world drop rate cut by 80% to curb botting)

"Well, this is a hardcore game meant for hardcore gamers; dont like it, go play Minecraft" COULD be what you say next. But did you ever stop to think that maybe the reason the playerbase is so dismal (7% server capacity, at least its not as bad as the whopping 4% server capacity it had before) is because the game was made insanely hard and luck based where one can work hard as hell for a year and still have little to show for it? Lets not forget the constant cheating as well

The actual reality is, this is a hardcore game with more cheating than a yu-gi-oh tournament.

That's a bit false about the fort groups if u have a +10 lvl 50 wep you should be fine, for clerics gear doesn't as much as you don't need to do dps in groups as long as u can heal well its fine.

Oh and sms u don't need to be geared u just have to dispell the shield.

And it comes around to my point before make your own groups dont rely on the most geared players for a group they have grinded out and farmed their gear why do they have to carry you.

Farming the fort guards I can farm for a hour+ before I can get interrupted we have a lower pop this works in  your favour farming. 

16 minutes ago, Luana-KT said:

Alright so lets begin

1: Fort Instances: The problem here is that when it comes to these, most players expect you to be in tip top gear to step in here. Unless you're a Chanter or a Cleric, chances are unless you have a +10-15 Bakrama or Tahabata Weapon you wont be let in, and even for Clerics and Chanters you may get turned down

2: Fort Monsters: perhaps the only workable viable solution, considering these can be done ad infinitum and have no AP cap...if not for the hordes of enemy players who'd make sure you cant even try. The ACTUAL solution would have been to try staying at a lower level, where there is far less competition at the forts, and do your AP farming there for a while; an actual workable Solution, if not for the fact that doing this automatically makes you scum of the Earth to the playerbase. "Turbo to level 50 and work the rest out" is the name of the game; often it really doesn't work itself out though

3: Go out and pvp: How are you pvping with no pvp gear to begin with? Not to mention this is actually the worst way to farm AP, even if all you did was kill the bots NCSoft failed to address

4: Dredge: This is the fort Dilemma, amplified. If you dont have pvp gear and are not an essential class (or even if you are) many wont let you in. And sometimes even basic pvp gear isn't enough because "By now, everyone should be in 40e minimum" mentality. Try to do quick queue and you're best farming guards anyway (seeing a pattern here)

long story short, the best fit solution is to farm guards; which is fine if not for the constant hunting parties coming at you. Best actual bet is to camp out a lower level and farm guards there...while dealing with severe condemnation from your entire faction who for the most part wont help you one bit if you DO follow what they say and go to the endgame level to suffer

Of course, there's always the option to pve to pvp; gather up pve gear then trudge through the pvp nonsense in it. This would be fine if not for the near non-existent drop rate in the game (1: going 100 DP-A to end up in 2/5 pieces of Anuhart Gear, 2: the open world drop rate cut by 80% to curb botting)

"Well, this is a hardcore game meant for hardcore gamers; dont like it, go play Minecraft" COULD be what you say next. But did you ever stop to think that maybe the reason the playerbase is so dismal (7% server capacity, at least its not as bad as the whopping 4% server capacity it had before) is because the game was made insanely hard and luck based where one can work hard as hell for a year and still have little to show for it? Lets not forget the constant cheating as well

The actual reality is, this is a hardcore game with more cheating than a yu-gi-oh tournament.

I'm going to be completely honest and say I read absolutely none of this. If that wall of text is a massive excuse for you to not be in 30e already then maybe you picked the wrong game, wrong class or just don't pve enough to pvp. I grinded 300k ap on my main in a week in 1.5 without a double AP event and no pvp gear.

I have to agree with Tasoulaaa and say it sounds like people want an easy carry by higher geared people for easy street AP. You're more than welcome to pm me Luana and I'll be more than happy to help. Heck maybe you and Cyfur should group up since yall have the same issue apparently.

4 minutes ago, Ontwo said:

I'm going to be completely honest and say I read absolutely none of this. If that wall of text is a massive excuse for you to not be in 30e already then maybe you picked the wrong game, wrong class or just don't pve enough to pvp. I grinded 300k ap on my main in a week in 1.5 without a double AP event and no pvp gear.

I have to agree with Tasoulaaa and say it sounds like people want an easy carry by higher geared people for easy street AP. You're more than welcome to pm me Luana and I'll be more than happy to help. Heck maybe you and Cyfur should group up since yall have the same issue apparently.

The fact you didn't read it is its own issue, but for the most part I already have a lv 40 in almost full 30e (at which point, its really just burnout from fort farming + issues with work scheduling)

and a lv 50 aiming for 40e gear as I was doing 2 tests runs; whether to pvp to pve, or pve to pvp? Its harder since its more ap, but not impossible. And that's the thing

No part of me said it was impossible, but by all means not a day goes by that I don't ask why anyone would go through this level of insanity and say "YES! YES!! THIS IS HOW A GAME SHOULD BE!!!"

Note: I only got this far as after going through the nightmare that was Aion Retail, you learn a few things on how to get by in superbly harsh conditions. Now imagine someone, who just found this game and wanted to try it, trying to navigate this madness. But that's the thing; those superbly harsh conditions is why the playerbase is so insanely low. There's a reason Maplestory is more popular than Aion Online, even in Korea.

14 hours ago, Cyfur said:

I am not ready for Inggison, it's already the focus of Aion retail.

I hate the ground forts, they detract from the Abyss, they don't encourage PvP.

L55 gear is ok.

The main problem with Aion atm is if you want AP gear for your toons, you have to get into a group that wont let you join unless you already have AP gear.

That means you either stick with having poor AP gear, or you become a PvE care bear.

I put on my block list anyone that insists on a gear check before I join their group. My block list is long.

This doesn't happen so much in Aion retail because you can work on PvP gear without the permission of others.

Common misconception is that you need to go straight to 50e or something. 30e carries you to 40e carries you to 50e and so on... Don't get distracted by the level of the gear. It's a huge difference 30e vs 50 PvE gear. 30e is FAR better and 30e is very easy to get and will get you into any group. Also very easy to +15 it to give you the extra stats that every level of gear gives you for enchanting.

You can get 30e by playing this game solo...

Stop blocking people who gear check and just get some PvP gear. It is not difficult...

If you have questions feel free to join the Zephyr discord and ask! https://discord.gg/zephyr

@Rin I'm not finding any info about the coin event.  How long does it last?  Happy to see I can buy boiling balaur bloods but it's limited to 8, is this per week or for the duration of the event.  Are these tradeable or at least account shareable?  Is there way to get coins other than the 4 a day for being logged in?  Thanks!!

2 hours ago, Cyfur said:

I do, therefore you statement is false.

You and I both know a majority of the community does not like flight pvp. Almost everyone is asking for 2.0/ground pvp.

The statement is false, but the inferral is very accurate.

• Aion Team
4 hours ago, Moi said:

@Rin I'm not finding any info about the coin event.  How long does it last?  Happy to see I can buy boiling balaur bloods but it's limited to 8, is this per week or for the duration of the event.  Are these tradeable or at least account shareable?  Is there way to get coins other than the 4 a day for being logged in?  Thanks!!

Hey Moi! I'm working as hard as I can to get a blog up with all these details asap, and I am again very sorry for the delay on this. There was some difficulties getting the blog prepared in time. To help answer your and anyone else's questions until the blog is live, here's a breakdown of the Pass:

1. The Event Pass is active from now until April 20th
  2. Log in daily for a maximum of 4 coins a day (+1 for one hour, +3 for two hours)
  3. Complete daily, weekly, and seasonal missions to collect additional coins.
    1. You can find these missions in the Event Pass menu tab!
  4. Level up your pass to also collect coins.
  5. Premium Members get additional coin bonuses.
  6. Many of the reward claims are reset weekly, including the Boiling Balaur Bloodstains.

Hope that helps! I'll have the full blog and tables up as soon as I can.

Hey, as a quick suggestion, it'd be significantly better to swap the Tiak Research Base with the second dredge. The way it's currently setup makes it so a large portion of the playerbase will simply never get to do it since it's only a single timer.

5 hours ago, Rin said:

Hey Moi! I'm working as hard as I can to get a blog up with all these details asap, and I am again very sorry for the delay on this. There was some difficulties getting the blog prepared in time. To help answer your and anyone else's questions until the blog is live, here's a breakdown of the Pass:

1. The Event Pass is active from now until April 20th
  2. Log in daily for a maximum of 4 coins a day (+1 for one hour, +3 for two hours)
  3. Complete daily, weekly, and seasonal missions to collect additional coins.
    1. You can find these missions in the Event Pass menu tab!
  4. Level up your pass to also collect coins.
  5. Premium Members get additional coin bonuses.
  6. Many of the reward claims are reset weekly, including the Boiling Balaur Bloodstains.

Hope that helps! I'll have the full blog and tables up as soon as I can.

Thanks as usual for a prompt response @Rin!  I appreciate you ❤️

20 hours ago, Virlym said:

Hey, as a quick suggestion, it'd be significantly better to swap the Tiak Research Base with the second dredge. The way it's currently setup makes it so a large portion of the playerbase will simply never get to do it since it's only a single timer.

This please. 

Tiak Research Base 2 hours earlier, swapped with second dredge that happens at that time. Most people would love this change.

Archived