Did population go up?

Squid

kjML5O4.png

This left picture was taken about a month prior to merge. I logged in yesterday did an upper fort and the right shows i am Rank 1 which is a pleasant surprise. How many of these are are alts and how many are players? Who knows but at lease the Visual population did go up.

This was SL-elyos prior to merge now KT.

You need to make 650 GP more in order to get your rank back.. or whatever your 55k GP will get you on the new merged server. Don't forget that as of a few parches ago, we no longer lose GP each day. Instead we have to make a certain number of GP each month on order to stay on the rankings. If we don't, then we fall off the rankings and are rank 1 until we make that number of GP. (I can't remember the exact number but it isn't honestly very much.) 

Did the population go up? As in overall? Maybe a little with people returning to the game to check out what the merged servers are like. Mostly, though, the population isn't really increased but rather condensed. 5 servers into 2.

25 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

You need to make 650 GP more in order to get your rank back.. or whatever your 55k GP will get you on the new merged server. Don't forget that as of a few parches ago, we no longer lose GP each day. Instead we have to make a certain number of GP each month on order to stay on the rankings. If we don't, then we fall off the rankings and are rank 1 until we make that number of GP. (I can't remember the exact number but it isn't honestly very much.) 

Did the population go up? As in overall? Maybe a little with people returning to the game to check out what the merged servers are like. Mostly, though, the population isn't really increased but rather condensed. 5 servers into 2.

Yes it seems i was just told this on discord as well haha  well i shall repost another screen shot after. Can you tell i play Aion lots these days :(.

GP cutoff for black belt (1st dan) on KT-Elyos is 5136 as of 2017-11-14.

You are also required to earn 1450 GP in each 4-week period to keep your black belt. Even after you lose your black belt due to the 1450 GP requirement, if you get 1450 or more more GP you'll get your black belt in the next day's abyss rank update, provide you have more GP than the rank 1000 cutoff.

For HealingSquid-KT, you got demoted due to not getting 1450 GP within a 4-week period. Your screenshot shows that if you get 650 or more GP then you get your black belt back in the next day's abyss rank update.

I do think there need to be a percentage deduction of GP per day. It should be based on lifetime GP accumulation, but GP accumulated in the recent periods. For people with so much lifetime GP all they need is just 1450 GP per 4 week to maintain their ranks...

On 11/15/2017 at 4:02 AM, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

GP cutoff for black belt (1st dan) on KT-Elyos is 5136 as of 2017-11-14.

You are also required to earn 1450 GP in each 4-week period to keep your black belt. Even after you lose your black belt due to the 1450 GP requirement, if you get 1450 or more more GP you'll get your black belt in the next day's abyss rank update, provide you have more GP than the rank 1000 cutoff.

For HealingSquid-KT, you got demoted due to not getting 1450 GP within a 4-week period. Your screenshot shows that if you get 650 or more GP then you get your black belt back in the next day's abyss rank update.

I do think there need to be a percentage deduction of GP per day. It should be based on lifetime GP accumulation, but GP accumulated in the recent periods. For people with so much lifetime GP all they need is just 1450 GP per 4 week to maintain their ranks...

Thank you for the in-depth explanation on the new gp system Sensei mooMOOMooMoomoo. When i arise a black belt i tomorrow i shall come and post once again to see the difference in rank :D.

466inwx.png'

Here we go finally made the GP i am now 521 so that means merging SL with BR brought in a total of 50 people higher rank then me who are actively seeking GP. I guess i would have to say that visually this looks bad IMO. In my first post i thought that is was visually populated however i did not know the new GP system. 

Actually, with SL merging with BR it doesn't say a whole lot. Don't forget that BR is such a young server so they have been collecting GP for a far shorter time than SL. It shouldn't be surprising that so few have more GP than you do. 

If you want to look at the population of your server, it would be better to watch the activity of your LFG and your siege numbers.

3 minutes ago, LilHotii-KT said:

I don't think there is away to get server pop anymore. Wont lie when I played I felt there was like maybe 100 or less active asmo lol.

"When you played.."? When was that? Before the mergers? If so, you honestly don't have any idea what you are talking about concerning population now. Seems like you were on BR? I was on KR which was smaller even than BR was prior to the merge. Playing now compared to pre-merge is like comparing night and day.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

I was on KR which was smaller even than BR was prior to the merge. Playing now compared to pre-merge is like comparing night and day.

I was on IS, and even to me, it feels like night and day. I never had to shift+F12 while I was just sitting in Norsvold before merge. Now I do unless I want to be stuck with 15fps in the broker lol.

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

"When you played.."? When was that? Before the mergers? If so, you honestly don't have any idea what you are talking about concerning population now. Seems like you were on BR? I was on KR which was smaller even than BR was prior to the merge. Playing now compared to pre-merge is like comparing night and day.

I quit before merges yes. Also I was on SL and it was the most populated server but it always felt like a desert. I mean for asmo anyways, sieges were always lame as hell. People would say we had like 100 or less and elyos would be at like 300... I mean good for the elyos I guess I only cared for open world PvP and the instance servers, never been a siege guy due to the numbers being so lame and the fact so many people with alts. BR server is dumb and should have just been deleted.

Archived