Will armor skins ever get some love?

Lad-DN

It's actually tragic how limited our selection in skins is... The acorn vendors in Heiron were a nice addition that added some old skins back into the  game, but there are so many skins that are just impossible to get anymore.

There were so many different armor skins available in game through instance drops, open world mob drops, aetherforging, armorsmithing, tailoring, guestblooms and hearthblooms, quests, vendors etc. and they were all removed from the game, like hundreds of skins just completely deleted. 

Also Karunerk's Workshop (luna crafting) used to cycle cosmetic items every couple weeks to include skins, housing furniture and mounts, and there were even way more skins on BCM.

Is there any hope to see anything brought back in game and not just through the BCM or an RNG chance to get 1 skin as a rare event reward? I mean I guess even BCM would be ok since so many weapon and armor skins were removed, but it's just so sad that a massive amount of armor skins that could be obtained from farming in game are just gone forever. :(

1 hour ago, Lad-DN said:

The acorn vendors in Heiron were a nice addition that added some old skins back into the  game

Sorry to say that as soon as you hit L85 you are locked out of even those skins forever too, since you are now 10 levels above the acorn mob and therefore cannot farm any acorns ever again afaik.

@Rin please put Acorn bundles on the Gold Sand Trader -- it affects no balance or progression path at all since the acorn gear is still level-locked, and it would give us access back to the only remaining skin outlet in the entire game.

Unfortunately no one who currently works on the Aion Team at NC West were working on it back in 5.8 before the great skin purge of 6.0. By comparison, we are seeing more skin availability than we've had in years and so it might come across as ungrateful that we demand more but I really want especially new people like @Rin to understand that what we have now isn't even a drop in the ocean of what we had at our fingertips entirely for free, forever, pre-6.0. 6.0 also wiped the BCM of cosmetics which Hime told us would be added back to the new BCM, and literally havent. It's been nearly 4 years. Please. Do. Something. 😢

1 minute ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Sorry to say that as soon as you hit L85 you are locked out of even those skins forever too, since you are now 10 levels above the acorn mob and therefore cannot farm any acorns ever again afaik.

You can still get acorns at 85, but it's kind of annoying and requires  multiple characters. If you hold group and kill the dragon thingy in Heiron up in the area near Bollvig (it has a little monster icon on the map when it's alive) with a toon level 84 or lower, then join the group with the level 85 toon after you can loot the acorn bundles about 10-15ish minutes after, the same way people did for bosses. 

There are some skins that you can't get again though from 1 time quests from the acorn vendors that are different from the ones they sell. :(

I don't think NCWest understands just how thoroughly 6.0 deleted cosmetics from the game. We were missing items compared to Korea and Taiwan, sure, but there was still a variety of mounts, skins, motions, emotes, pets, furniture, and accessories available. Remember when we could customize our plumes and earrings? Crazy stuff. 😛

When the Luna and crafting discipline items were first removed, the jaded playerbase scoffed at how from now on we would be charged for the "shitty" skins. Ha! We should be so lucky! Nowadays I'd kill to have skins in the BCM! Maybe someday the costume rotations will come back. Loki got us the Cute Denim Dress that I'd been thirsting after for years and... that's pretty much as far as we got. The Shugo Games II skulls were ass ugly but I still collected them all because if Aion has taught me anything, it's that any event cosmetics are going to be available a grand total of One Time and then never be brought back ever. 

It still stings that Classic got the updated Luna wardrobe first, as well as skins that literally never made it to retail. Actually hey @Rin Did you know some of the skins that were previewed by Gideon and Hime in the 6.0 stream still haven't been implemented? Haha.

If anyone reading this wants to suffer, I recommend you check out the Aion Taiwan event pages and see all the cute skins, mounts, motions, and emotes they have. Yeah get this guys, TW not only includes cosmetics, they show previews of them too. Bonkers!

2 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

Nowadays I'd kill to have skins in the BCM!

While mentioning skins on BCM, it would be nice to have skins added PERMANENTLY.  The "Hey this super rare skin is gonna be on sale for 2 weeks, possibly for the first and last time ever!" that we've had a few times is garbage. If someone doesn't have the disposable income during the """""event"""" or life is too busy to keep tabs on Aion then it's just gone forever, meanwhile if it's permanent you could always just come back in a month and buy it if you want.

And people won't have to literally sell their organs to buy a rare skin that will most likely never come back from other players who did just happen to be able to buy them in a tiny window of time 3 years ago.

Also consistency with holiday sales! Certain skins like the snowflake shield or the snowy solorius weapons were sold 1 time for Christmas 2018 and never again. While other Christmas cosmetics like the different Solorius outfits and Skating motion come back every year. Although even with seasonal skins, of course it would still be preferred to have the permanent option... In a perfect world it would be nice to have seasonal things available to farm for through events like for Christmas/Halloween/Valentine's etc with the option to buy from the BCM permanently afterwards in case you miss the  events/want to focus on other event rewards. What harm does that do to anyone???

We all did so many posts and requests on skins. Skins aren't game breaking but they are the fun, they can only add them and make people happy.

It is a no-brainer that they need to add them into the game. So far the RU servers are light years ahead with the implementation of the coin vendor that you buy EVERY SINGLE skin, emotion, mount and decoration by doing end instances, collecting coins and use them in a vendor that has everything there.

Archived