Weekly Server Maintenance - November 15, 2017

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, November 15, 2017 from 6:00 AM to 1:00 PM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 7 hours.

Changes

1. Routine website and server maintenance.
  2. Kumuki's Cave Returns will end and return again next week.
  3. Double EXP will be deactivated.Upgrade Arcade will begin. You can find full details here.
  4. Character Transfer queueing will be unavailable for one week.
  5. An issue where some transformation candies would cancel Aethertech's "Embark" skill will be fixed.
  6. An issue where some transformation candy forms would disappear upon flying will be fixed.

Be sure to follow @L2andAionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

Maintenance Images of the Week
MPRZ22i.gif zm8t7aid95xz.jpg d7k2qrr4dexz.png

• Cyan pinned this topic

Can't believe, after everything, you guys are still going forward with the Upgrade Arcade. I guess it works out for you that everyone stopped talking about how poorly the issues were handled once the lag stopped.

Is this too hostile? I don't really know. Can you tell me how I'm supposed to communicate that I think you guys are doing a terrible job at working with and communicating with your dwindling playerbase without sounding hostile? I don't think there is a way.

• Aion Team
1 hour ago, Juice-KT said:

Can't believe, after everything, you guys are still going forward with the Upgrade Arcade. I guess it works out for you that everyone stopped talking about how poorly the issues were handled once the lag stopped.

Is this too hostile? I don't really know. Can you tell me how I'm supposed to communicate that I think you guys are doing a terrible job at working with and communicating with your dwindling playerbase without sounding hostile? I don't think there is a way.

If you are referring to the DDoS issues, we worked to mitigate the attacks the best we could. As I stated before, if anyone was impacted by any lag or disconnections, the support department would work to get it resolved (missing out on loot, losing an entry, etc.)

1 hour ago, RekindlingLuck-DN said:

Wait so we can queue to server transfer of not. Please explain this?

You can still queue for the transfers tonight that happening tomorrow during the maintenance. Tomorrow after the maintenance however, server queues will be disabled for one week with free transfer queueing starting again on the 22 of November. The week of the 22 through the 29 will be the final free transfer period. On the 29th the character transfer queue will open again but they will be paid only. 

20 minutes ago, Nature-DN said:

Hair tickets on BCM? :D

News soooooon!

aion isn't dying, it's being killed. events seem to be targeted at endgame users, i.e. archdaevas only, or they require real money. I remember when GM's actually joined players in-game to have fun and interact with the community. now it's just promote the store. events should be about doing something fun, you know... "an event", not about getting free gear. 

3 hours ago, Elohcin-KT said:

aion isn't dying, it's being killed. events seem to be targeted at endgame users, i.e. archdaevas only, or they require real money. I remember when GM's actually joined players in-game to have fun and interact with the community. now it's just promote the store. events should be about doing something fun, you know... "an event", not about getting free gear. 

If you're not an archdaeva then what are you doing? With the 400% xp event last month and 100% xp event this week you shouldn't have an issue.

Without those event buffs 1-66 is only 1 week for casual play or 1-2 days for hardcore.

Also what MMO over 3+ years old still has GM logging? Most games have GM early on then stop it.

Events could be more fun though, it is true current events are just to gain items. Still you need to provide rewards, don't think any game has events people do for pure "fun".

7 hours ago, Cyan said:

If you are referring to the DDoS issues, we worked to mitigate the attacks the best we could. As I stated before, if anyone was impacted by any lag or disconnections, the support department would work to get it resolved (missing out on loot, losing an entry, etc.)

Not to sound like a jerk here... but.. If we had done that, we would have been submitting tickets every 10 minutes lol.   Support knows full well that EVERYONE was impacted by lag, DCs, etc... Many people (including myself) lost runs/CDs, were unable to participate in siege, etc...  In many cases, people didn't even bother logging in because it would take 3 minutes to move from the broker to the teleporter because the lag was so bad.  

9 hours ago, Cyan said:

I lost a +7 plume because of the lag. They didn't help me at all.

+ What Jaimie said, a lot of people that did sent in tickets that lost runs because of the lag, didn't got help either.

Support was pretty much like: Sorry, your problem, now get lost kid!

Idk if this is the correct section to post but here it goes : 

I opened a harvester armor box(which is tradeable) and selected the tunic. But somehow the tunic that I got was untradeable. Is there someway to trade it? Usually the armor/weapon is tradeable but this piece that I received cannot be traded. I havent soul binded it. 

I submitted one ticket during the DDoS about a lost entry. Was doing a (real) BoS. We killed the boss in the double boss room and right as we did, the lag started. The boss was dead when the lag stopped but the gate hadn't gone up to allow us to move forward. We had to leave and burn a second entry to start over. After that we timed the start of every boss so that it didn't happen again. Support did give me a reset scroll.

Everyone knows I am not a big fan of Support, but in this case they did just what Cyan said they would.

Hearing "a lot of people" sent in tickets and didn't get help is all well and good. Anyone have an actual example of the ticket they sent in that was denied? I only have the one person al example and it went fine.

2 minutes ago, Nostale-DN said:

I opened a harvester armor box(which is tradeable) and selected the tunic. But somehow the tunic that I got was untradeable. Is there someway to trade it? Usually the armor/weapon is tradeable but this piece that I received cannot be traded. I havent soul binded it. 

Screenshot? Because that's just weird.

@Megaphone-KT how does one lose plume? U clicked on tempering , on plume, clicked “temper” and it lagged so you couldnt cancel? Cuz if so you seriously brought it upon urself. Don’t click temper if u dont have intentions to do so.

@Nostale-DN you must’ve soul bound it (use unbinding stone). Or skinned it (remove appearance trough menu). I opened many boxes myself and random untradeability is not a thing.

Sure, Cyan, whatever you say. It's not like I've made multiple comments dealing the massive amount of problems with how the community is being managed.

Whatever, you got the arcade event going. Just take people's money, since you guys obviously don't care about receiving their respect.

5 hours ago, Nostale-DN said:

Is not normal to see that. I have some gear from those boxes moving from toon to toon to use the omegas from the luna´s daily. 

I can imagine 2 options. Maybe you equiped the item by accident (or maybe it happened in the middle of a lag moment). Or maybe you used on them an untradeable item. did you modify the appearance? some skins are untradeables and if you use them, the gear adquires that thing. You have to remove it and will be tradeable again. Not sure if that can happen with some untradeable manastones too. 

Juice. I´m agree with you on many things. But that is how they work. This game is too old for them, they just do not care. they are trying to get some few dollars more and let it die. Aion now has so few players. how much money do you think they can receive with that arcade token? $3.000? $5.000? Maybe even $10.000?!. They already left the game die and they have so few people here. Even the top gear is on broker and no so expensive. Why somebody would pay for those arcade tokens? The only reasson for it is that arcade event is on every novenber and even to remove that would take time and effort and they do not have free people to waste time working on this old game. They need all the people working to make MxM a decent game or they will lose their jobs. And that game is not really working.

13 hours ago, Elohcin-KT said:

I have a couple of toons that I use as banks. They never left Sanctum and they are lvl 71. Why? I do the Luna dungeons every once in a while. Yes, I am a casual player.
If, after 2 major exp events, you're complaining about events being targeted at Archdaevas (lvl 66 can be reached in 1 day without even trying to grind) then you're part of the people who shouldn't even talk.
Aion isn't dying. Aion isn't being killed. Aion is doing well but has a major problem: a bunch of people who whine for no reason and with no right.
I'm bored of people complaining about anything and everything.
Some events require money to be played, most don't. Get over it.

5 hours ago, Megaphone-KT said:

I lost a +7 plume because of the lag. They didn't help me at all.
+ What Jaimie said, a lot of people that did sent in tickets that lost runs because of the lag, didn't got help either.
Support was pretty much like: Sorry, your problem, now get lost kid!

You can't "lose a 7 plume" because of lag. You put the plume in the tempering window. You put the tempering solution in the tempering window. You pressed the Tempering button knowing perfectly well Tempering isn't guaranteed. You failed the tempering. Your problem. Assume your own choices and stop playing the poor victim.

-------------------

Lag is nothing but lag. It's not a magical wildcard people can use to justify their failures.
You aren't entitled to compensations. Especially not when the problem is out of the hands of NCsoft. Stop trying to surf on this wave. It's not gonna work.

Half-assed excuses and/or absence of proof neither make of you a victim nor make of the support staff evil beings.

Megaphone trolls again... you have to be on Asmo side KT for more than 20min to truly understand...

hopefully the server hardware got a proper once over so the DDoS BS is knocked down a little, most it cost me so far is a few wing mark boxes(yeah really needed those...)

Archived