Weekly Server Maintenance - November 15, 2017

Cyan

Thanks guys for your replies. I did not souldbind it yet(it still shows the option to soul bound it) but I did fuse it with the phantom tiger's tunic. I dont think it should be a problem because the phantom tiger's tunic is tradeable too. 

@Bryos-KT maybe the phantom tiger tunic is a one-time skin, then? :o

@Kiatra-KT Yup, I fused the harvester with the provenance orb and it became untradeable too. Luckily for me, it was on my main :D

I didnt see the option of upload the screenshot here directly so here's the link to the screenshot. Hopefully it works. 
https://imgur.com/a/PGNvq

20 minutes ago, Nostale-DN said:

Thanks guys for your replies. I did not souldbind it yet(it still shows the option to soul bound it) but I did fuse it with the phantom tiger's tunic. I dont think it should be a problem because the phantom tiger's tunic is tradeable too. 

@Bryos-KT maybe the phantom tiger tunic is a one-time skin, then? :o

@Kiatra-KT Yup, I fused the harvester with the provenance orb and it became untradeable too. Luckily for me, it was on my main :D

I didnt see the option of upload the screenshot here directly so here's the link to the screenshot. Hopefully it works. 
https://imgur.com/a/PGNvq

Yeap. the phantom tiger skin is giving it the "untradeable" status. Most of the items designed to be skins are just for one use. the phanton tiger is not really  a gear, is designed as skin, so I am pretty sure it is only one use too. Real gear tends to be available for many uses as skins. 

And for some reasson items with a "only one use" skins are not tradeable. 

• Aion Team
4 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

@Cyan I (all of us?) did not get any token surveys. :(

Survey is out!

1 hour ago, 1s324607-KT said:

Hey guys.

Sorry if I am not in the right topic but after this update I'm getting update error in the launcher and I can't update it.

E02018

We're looking into this and I will update everyone when we get the issue resolved. 

Thank you!

Thank you guys for your help :)
It became tradeable once I removed the phantom skin.
I also wrote an email to the support team asking them if it could be made tradeable or transferred somehow(it was before I realized that the skin was making it untradeable). And this is what I got as reply : 
"
GM Girin (Aion)

Nov 15, 01:42 PST

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Aion Support Team. Unfortunately, we cannot move the requested item to another character. We are not allowed to circumvent the "Untradeable" status on items.

"Untradeable" items that are meant to be transferred can be done so using the appropriate Wrapping Scrolls and/or Courier Passes. However, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do about this situation.

If you have any different issues, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

GM Girin
NCSOFT Support Team "

Instead of telling how the gears become untradeable in certain cases or suggesting anything they just accepted that its a bug which makes it untradeable and politely suggested something like "Your bug, your burden. "

Looks like the players really are more helpful than the ones who are supposed to solve/help us :)

17 minutes ago, Nostale-DN said:

Thank you guys for your help :)
It became tradeable once I removed the phantom skin.
I also wrote an email to the support team asking them if it could be made tradeable or transferred somehow(it was before I realized that the skin was making it untradeable). And this is what I got as reply : 
"
GM Girin (Aion)

Nov 15, 01:42 PST

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Aion Support Team. Unfortunately, we cannot move the requested item to another character. We are not allowed to circumvent the "Untradeable" status on items.

"Untradeable" items that are meant to be transferred can be done so using the appropriate Wrapping Scrolls and/or Courier Passes. However, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do about this situation.

If you have any different issues, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

GM Girin
NCSOFT Support Team "

Instead of telling how the gears become untradeable in certain cases or suggesting anything they just accepted that its a bug which makes it untradeable and politely suggested something like "Your bug, your burden. "

Looks like the players really are more helpful than the ones who are supposed to solve/help us :)

No offense to support but that is actually quite true....a few months back before 5.0 began, I asked them where else I can farm omega stones, and they said the following:

"
"Greetings,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We are not aware of any changes regarding the Omega Enchantment Stone if they have been removed in the game. You can try hunting Crazed Karnif at the Stonegrave Ruins for those stones. For your last question, the omega enchantment stone can't be traded for a Golden Charm of the Key but you can use that key to increase the drop rate from monsters. I hope this clarifies things for you.

If we can help you with anything else, please do contact us again.

Regards,

GM Andrew
NCSOFT Support Team"

Idk where stonegrave ruins was....I asked them where it might be..they said it was located at Gerha....:

"Hello there,

The Stonegrave ruins can be found be going to Gerha. As for the percentages of the drops dungeons and mobs, unfortunately, we at Support will be unable to disclose this kind of information. For this, we suggest posting your inquiries to the forums so that other players can provide their experience regarding the Omega Enchantment Stones.

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know so we can assist you.

Regards,

GM Certexelle
NCSOFT Support Team"

So...I did some digging after their responses and found that Gerha existed only when Katalam existed (I was kinda new to the game so I wasn't aware of katalam's existence). Not only that I found that the Crazed Karnifs existed in Kaldor....and i killed hundreds of them and there was not a single omega...no one ever farmed these crazed karnifs in kaldor either (I did hear however people farmed them when katalam existed) either it was just me there so I found that odd too...after that I felt like I was talking to people (support) that are not even up to date with this game properly, like as though they aren't communicating with other GMS and not being up to date properly or they are jus fiddling with me -_- I was very annoyed with that support....after that I jus did not like to rely much on support with regards to game related queries because they are just not reliable there...and so I rely on them when necessary with just technical difficulties like maybe a bug with launching the game, etc.

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

Not to mention, our Support would -never- tell you where to farm things. Ever. Maybe they don't know, which is likely. But also they are notoriously tight lipped regarding game systems. I honestly thing that @Sabreze-DN is quoting EU's support and not ours.

http://na.aiononline.com/en/

I went here, and then asked at support o:

12 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

Gerha = Levinshor

Back then, before 4.9, Omegas dropped in open world. But, its odd they called it Gerha. Are you sure it was our support and not Gameforge's?

this is where I asked at http://na.aiononline.com/en/, I went to support, then I submitted a ticket.  

So no I am talking about NA dude o/

2 minutes ago, Sabreze-DN said:

http://na.aiononline.com/en/

I went here, and then asked at support o:

We never had an area called "Gehra". We never had an item called "Golden Charm of the Key". Not to mention that the typos and syntax of the answers you quote from Support are totally wrong. Some of what you posted is similar to what our Support would say and other parts are not. Not sure what's going on here, but I seriously doubt the validity of anything you are saying.

37 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

We never had an area called "Gehra". We never had an item called "Golden Charm of the Key". Not to mention that the typos and syntax of the answers you quote from Support are totally wrong. Some of what you posted is similar to what our Support would say and other parts are not. Not sure what's going on here, but I seriously doubt the validity of anything you are saying.

1.  "We *never* had an area called Gerha":

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?p=1905213

Gerha is now called Levinshor, as stated by Hime him/herself who is from NA presumably while using the NA forum (old version). 

2.  "We *never* had an item called "Golden Charm of the Key", 

why don't you go to Cygnea, get inside the building where the Alabaster officers are, and speak with Seoron:

https://imgur.com/a/XIFIf

Explain why you say the typos and syntax of the answers I quote from support are totally wrong? Those are exactly what they said.  However anyhow, believe what you want, I speak the truth regardless. 

Forgotten showed me the "Golden Charm of the Key". It's an amulet that increases drop rate. Not sure why you would ask Support if you can exchange one for an omega, but whatever. You apparently misunderstood what it does.

I can't get to the post where you say Hime called Levinshore "Gerha" though I am not saying you are wrong that she did. Just wonder at the context since it wasn't called that in our version of the game.

I do honestly doubt that you are giving us the complete truth. As I said, some of what you said sounds like Support and some of it isn't. 

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

Forgotten showed me the "Golden Charm of the Key". It's an amulet that increases drop rate. Not sure why you would ask Support if you can exchange one for an omega, but whatever. You apparently misunderstood what it does.

I can't get to the post where you say Hime called Levinshore "Gerha" though I am not saying you are wrong that she did. Just wonder at the context since it wasn't called that in our version of the game.

I do honestly doubt that you are giving us the complete truth. As I said, some of what you said sounds like Support and some of it isn't. 

Yea at the time I misunderstood what they said, I was quite new to the game overall.

Try to click it again, sometimes the old forum link can be buggy so it needs to be refreshed.  Hime basically stated that what others called Gerha would be called Levinshor.

Like I said, believe what you want. I am not a fan of lying. 

19 minutes ago, Sabreze-DN said:

1.  "We *never* had an area called Gerha":

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?p=1905213

Gerha is now called Levinshor, as stated by Hime him/herself who is from NA presumably while using the NA forum (old version). 

You misunderstood that. It was called "Gerha" in Korea and Europe. On NA servers it was always Levinshor. Before the release of the patch (and the official NA terminology) people were referring to it using the Korean terms.

13 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Try anonymous window or a different browser, where you're not logged in to the website.

4 minutes ago, Mayinne-DN said:

You misunderstood that. It was called "Gerha" in Korea and Europe. On NA servers it was always Levinshor. Before the release of the patch (and the official NA terminology) people were referring to it using the Korean terms.

Ahh then that is probably it then, not sure why I was told Gerha at the time. I assumed it was called Gerha in the Katalam stages, thanks mayinne. However yes, I contacted support from the NA official website.

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived