How to improve Aion Classic and attract more active players?

Violet

Some of us been playing Classic for more than 9 months, since day 1 and the server isn't really enjoyable right now, staff changed so many important things and it affected all the end game players. Honestly, I don't believe this post will change something soon but I just wanted you to know the things that been affecting this game in a negative way@Rin. I made a list of some things that you guys should bring back / add in game and that us, players, would really appreciate and love:

1. Brusthonin / Theobomos gold items and godstones: It affected game economy really bad, affected the gameplay for players that like to grind your own stuff, bots still exists, that won't change, bots numbers on KR are even worse, Aion is a grinding game and we'd like to have the option to grind everything.

2. Sieges: Defending a fortress is the most lame thing right now, we don't get medals for defending so most people don't care to go defend and if there's a Dredgion going on, doesn't take 5 seconds to them to kill our deity, it's ridiculous. It's impossible to get divine fortress because we don't have too many active players to get it, maybe make his hp adjustable with the reality of our server.

3. Quna Shop / Daeva Pass: Putting the "Purra Cat Weapon Selection Box" was great choice. We love skins and we really would like to see more skins available on shop. Aion is a game with so many nice skins and we been getting similar skins on premium daeva pass, if I remember we had 2 similar skins, like a wedding dress, who's choosing it? C'mon, I'm sure you can do it better. Shop is still poor, in my opinion, why you guys don't add motions, permanent pets, emotes and the essential: MORE SKINS for all the kind of people, not only wedding dress!

That's so far what I miss in the game and I believe more people miss these things too. Our Aion community are very tired to make posts like this because you guys don't listen but we only want Aion to have more players and not to be a dead game.

Edited by Violet

+1 on Theo/Brust drops and Godstones, right now it's impossible to find a paralysis godstone zz
about sieges mmm, i think old Aion Siege system is a little bit toxic, i don't mind it in 2.0 but for current Abyss i think is fine as it is
I'd like to add Tradeable Siel Aura to this post, this game been surviving thanks to SA community and majority of them can't really pay 15$ so maybe having the option to buy it off players would help a lot to the active playerbase.

16 hours ago, Violet said:

That's so far what I miss in the game and I believe more people miss these things too. Our Aion community are very tired to make posts like this because you guys don't listen but we only want Aion to have more players and not to be a dead game.

Your idea's are great but they only help the existing playerbase. However i see no appeal to why a new player would find these 3 changes appealing.

1. This is a good idea but again from a new/returning player stand point having to create 5 accounts to sell your gains for the day because of the 1.3m kinah cap is an unnecessary crappy feeling so people will grind for 1 hour be kinah capped then stop grinding there. It only helps those who bot or are willing to do the annoyance of making 5 accounts to sell your extra white/green items to the vendor.

2. Current siege was done this way because in KR people complained their side could not get medals. It was a deliberate design that makes siege pointless. Even if we had the numbers it is still a waste of time.

3. Any cash shop update is nice for those who want to spend.

Double post i know but one more thing i wanted to mention is player base, Due to it being close to 8x less than tera which recently shut down it is almost impossible to come back and attract players. It does make me wonder what NA's bottom line is.

Edited by Squid

I have no clue what NA's thinking, and unless my system glitched you can't even pick up kinah outside the aura now, so where is the player enticement?  I don't know.  I have played this game on and off since it went free to play way back when.  A free to player had so much freedom to explore the quests and pick up items to sell or use.  Now the game has been nerfed down to where you must buy the aura to even play it.  To those that want to chime in and say "Well it used to be pay to play."  I know.  The problem is when you go free to play new customers will play the game for the first hour and when the game shuts that player down completely after the first hour it leaves the new player thinking "Well here's the pay wall!"  A very quick turnoff.  Anyone notice how Raid shadow legends is advertising like crazy again?  It's not just the third year of the game.  They lost a huge hunk of the player base due to the gotcha game aspect.  Once customers no longer see value in a hobby or pass time activity they move on.  All the people in charge of Aion are doing is causing the game to die faster by nerfing everything in the game.   But then again the game is ten years old so as much as I hate to say it maybe it's time for Aion to be shut down.

12 minutes ago, Kynurenigh said:

Misleading

GcB5c8Q.jpeg

You think that's enough, for real? Maybe you should check broker on KR?

They removed gold drops from Brusthonin and Theobomos and you come to the forums to post this? Yeah, It's really complicated when there's not even support from our own community and staff, just sad, not gonna waste my time anymore.

5 minutes ago, Violet said:

You think that's enough, for real? Maybe you should check broker on KR?

They removed gold drops from Brusthonin and Theobomos and you come to the forums to post this? Yeah, It's really complicated when there's not even support from our own community and staff, just sad, not gonna waste my time anymore.

I didn't say it was enough.

-merge-

I really want them to fix skill heights. It's annoying when Healing Wind doesn't apply to party members that are 1 meter higher or lower than you.

Edited by Kynurenigh

7 hours ago, Kynurenigh said:

I really want them to fix skill heights. It's annoying when Healing Wind doesn't apply to party members that are 1 meter higher or lower than you.

This is something that will never be fixed, A major reason why many people want 2.0 because at the very least it is all ground PvP for siege and what not.

How to improve Aion Classic and attract more active players?

Does the aion community want more new active players though? Ask yourself this question, when was the last time you have mentored a new player? Or when was the last time you have been helpful to someone that needed to find a quest, dungeon, information, etc. From what I see on LFG and from experience of new players that I talk to is a very toxic community that's looking down on unskilled or new players that don't meet their criteria for "2k DPS" or "PvP geared premade" "paying 90mill each group member if bakarma spear drops". And to top it off all the technical mistakes ncsoft has done managing the game because they don't know their own game so what you have left are just clickes of people circle jerking each other complaining and wondering why the server is dead. So the next time you're wondering why the server is empty just take a look at the mirror.

1 hour ago, Tron said:

There are plenty of people that help lowbies and new players maybe stop focusing on the bad?

This is not really true, There are a lot of players who are willing to tell new players do campaigns to get to level 50 there are not many players at all that are willing to help them complete the campaign's and then even less players who are willing to play with a fresh level 50.

So while objectively you are correct people do help lowbies/new players the level of help is not at the level that would keep players around long term in the game.

Are you going to stop doing S rank DP(if you are doing S rank DP) to help a new player do their first B or A rank DP? You mite but the reality is 99.95% of the community would not unless they can no longer get people on to do their own run.

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

This is not really true, There are a lot of players who are willing to tell new players do campaigns to get to level 50 there are not many players at all that are willing to help them complete the campaign's and then even less players who are willing to play with a fresh level 50.

So while objectively you are correct people do help lowbies/new players the level of help is not at the level that would keep players around long term in the game.

Are you going to stop doing S rank DP(if you are doing S rank DP) to help a new player do their first B or A rank DP? You mite but the reality is 99.95% of the community would not unless they can no longer get people on to do their own run.

Nothing you said changes my statement. If the end goal is to bring in more players maybe we should focus on the good instead of trying to heard cats.  

Here's an idea that would help get new players, allow f2p players to get kinah without the aura...yep that was the last thing the devs took on the last update to try to force f2p players to buy subscriptions, and now all that is left for the most part are end gamers who if they want to stay relevant must pay for the aura now.  So yay?

It's funny when I concerned about free players need to survive when classic was freshly launched ,someone asked me why they need to survive now fast forward in time you want new players because you can't dred siege broker empty can't find people to go instances with.

Let me tell you as long as first big elephant in the room problem such as candy is not address. There's no way any new players wanna coming in. People learned true nature of free to play game already nobody wanna play as a victim for pay 2 win players to bully and harassment them forever.

You want Aion classic to survive ? then first make free 2 play players survive too.

4 hours ago, Nalariel said:

You want Aion classic to survive ? then first make free 2 play players survive too.

Objectively speaking the game can survive w/o f2p players all be it in its current state. The game can not survive if you remove the paying players as it will get shut down.

I think the word you were looking for was actually thrive not survive.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Objectively speaking the game can survive w/o f2p players all be it in its current state. The game can not survive if you remove the paying players as it will get shut down.

I think the word you were looking for was actually thrive not survive.

There're many levels of surviving. If you cut all arms and legs only body and head left could considering as survive as well but I'm talking about surviving with full body not just the head.

I'm not saying all paying players are not important, I saying massive stuff p2w like candy needs to be gone. How else people making money with all drops removed ? You would rather have drops and making kinah than buying candy and make kinah right ?

If you can't see important of survival of free players then don't ask or complain why servers are so dead. You can do everything in the world but Aion classic won't alive as long as you discarded important of free players.

Edited by Nalariel