Another Housing Rant

Ube-DN

well not really a rant, since server merge and the house bidding that opened only people that won the auction are only 1/3 original homeowners while 2/3 have gone back to studio while redecorating my new home (studio) its just sad we’re limited to 20 items including 3 heart/guestblooms, can we ask to increase this and exclude guestblooms from the 20 items? And maybe give house/mansion/estate/palace owners increase in their furnitures (just so that they dont disagree with me) as well please? We’ve had revamp with numbers of playing aspect in the game so I think its about time this gets attention. 

I am sure this isn't what you want to hear, but there is a BCM item that increases (temporarily) the number of items you can place in your housing. It's maintenance, so I can't look to confirm it works for studios, how long it lasts or how much it costs. It seems that the Korean Devs anticipated the desire of players to place more items but felt it was a premium thing that should cost irl kinah.

@Aly-DN thanks Aly I’ve found the item in store just wish there’s a permanent for this and hoping they do revamp this in a way guestbloom and heartbloom is separated from the furniture count like the time they gave a separate space for quest items. Can we have the Aion back then when they had good ideas to make things convenient.

@Yeon-DN I meant 1/3 of the houseowners of all three servers won the auction while 2/3 are left to return to the studio. Apologies for the confusion.

You must also be aware of how many people were locking housing away. there were a lot of players with 10+ properties across their alts locking it down as an investment, specifically denying players from housing, or reserving it over a long break from the game unsure if they would ever return to play, but wanting to preserve their location if they ever did.

I'd actually say that the merge freed up a lot more housing than it took away. There was one week about 3-4 months ago on Tiamat Elyos, when one of the people who was hoarding housing finally forgot to log in to upkeep their properties (idk if they died or had a family emergency or just gave up or what) and in that one week, 20+ mansions, multiple estates, and a waterfall of houses flooded the market. I know that a large number of them were the same person because many of their house notes all said "proud member of the archeangel neighborhood watch.

Honestly, they need to purge housing once a year, because economies change, and the cost to maintain a property changes as kinah becomes more or less available, and how popular the game becomes. in 3.0, rent used to be a challenge for casual players. earning the money to even place the minimum bid on a mansion or estate was hard, and then dropping 8m / 16m a month to keep it was also a real drag, taking a lot away from your gear progression, but over time those minimum values have become a drop in the bucket. you can't buy a mansion for 112m let alone 1.2b, Some lucky people got estates at around 2b but others ponied up 20b for the spot they knew they wanted. I make enough rent for the whole year in 1 day now.

Point is, keeping housing is way too cheap, and it was easy for people to hoard it, and i'm glad it got purged even if we merged. I hope they find more excuses to purge housing in the future.

With so many houses, last sunday the prices weren´t so high actually. Some people got a mansion for just 300-500 millions or states for 1B. I know that is kinah, but the normal prices tend to be much higher. Some players bought houses just to make profit reselling them in the next weeks. In this moment are so many houses on the broker and they will be sold for a higher price than they paid few days ago. I know that it seems to be something nasty to resell them. But people do that with event items or skins in the same way. Maybe we need some kind of restriction, like we have to keep our home for at least 2 or 3 months before selling it to receive the kinah or something like that. 

I am agree that keeping a house is easier now, maintenaces are not hard to pay. But In the same way, benefits are not so impresive now. With administrator´s booms obtained easily on luna´s daily, Energy of repose bonus that is not so impresive now and last so few time (not like at lvl 50 or less) and the bonus on "noble success" on craftings when the regular craft proffesions are outdated and I´m not sure if that applies on aetherforging too. Some years ago that extra luck on crafts was a lot. Was the a big bonus crafting endgame gear and rare items (like the glasses with 74 resistance in all elements), but now could be only for some skins if it work on aeterforging. 

about the number of items to place in your house or studio, like Aly said, there is a temporal item on BCM. I am totally agree with items like those cause is a totally not P2W way to get real money. I would like to see more like that and less like "arcade token", omegas and temperings on BCM, golden die...

My only complain about that item to increase the amount of items in a house is the time. They should add a permanent one even if is really expensive. Also, I do not know if that item aplies to exterior decoration too, or if we can increase exterior decorations in some way. 

Archived