Platinum medals?

Kaldronic

How do you earn Platinum Medals? The old methods you used to earn them seem to be giving Sapphire Medals now "Fortress Sieges, Quests, and Dredgion."

The graphics in the notes indicate you can convert Platinum Medals to Sapphire medals.  But no indication how you obtain Platinum medals.

Why is this Sapphire Medal system even being setup? Back in the day Platinum medals were not tradeable now you introduce Sapphire medals that are tradeable? This was a great feature that prevented p2w, having to actually play the character you want to gear up.

15 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

Platinum medals are irrelevant, if you get some from a quest you just change them for Sapphire medals which are what you need for gear.

If you didn't even bother reading their post I'm not sure why you're posting. You buy Brigade General gear with platinum medals still. Sapphire medals are used for the Primus Pilus gear.

I was hoping a CM or someone that knows something from the Korean version would respond.

1 hour ago, Kaldronic said:

If you didn't even bother reading their post I'm not sure why you're posting. You buy Brigade General gear with platinum medals still. Sapphire medals are used for the Primus Pilus gear.

I was hoping a CM or someone that knows something from the Korean version would respond.

If you remember back to 2011 the Brigade General gear was not introduced until Aion 2.5 update.

10 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

If you remember back to 2011 the Brigade General gear was not introduced until Aion 2.5 update.

Yes I do remember this, why are you posting this in the thread? It has nothing to do with my question.

For a another random pointless factoid, did you know the group instance Esoterrace didn't come out until 2.5 as well and is for lvl 51+ players?

Dear 5 post troll, I will be posting where I feel like.

Since you remember back to 2011, then you should also remember there are about 20-30 quests, if you count both factions, which reward platinum medals.

Edited by Cyfur

2 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

Dear 5 post troll, I will be posting where I feel like.

Since you remember back to 2011, then you should also remember there are about 20-30 quests, if you count both factions, which reward platinum medals.

One would think a master forum poster with 538 posts would have slightly better reading comprehension, but alas here we are.

Their post clearly outlines you earn Sapphire Medals all the ways we used to earn Platinum Medals back on retail. Retail... you know that place where Sapphire Medals didn't even exist, trying to proclaim you think you've divined the answer by hearkening back to a time long past where the patch is not the same is meaningless.

10 hours ago, Squid said:

Maybe the reason they did it this way is to make the medals tradeable.

Correct, unlike Gold and Silver medals, Platinum medals are not tradable, which has always been a problem.

The got replaced by something called Petra Medals, which I guess NA have named Sapphire Medals, but we wont know for sure until we see the icon.