2.0 open world content drops [Merged]

Tasoulaaaa

@Rin

With the coming of 2.0 I have been looking for futher information about aion from the KR aion on what we would see.

With that I have been talking with some kr players about open world drops eg Godstones, balic mats, fabled drops and they have said that these drops do not drop from gelk and Inga as a bot protection system, as we see a copy and paste from kr to na, these changes must not be implemented due to na aion has a different eco system with the lack of bots and lack of players.

If this change does come it will kill aion.

5 minutes ago, Tasoulaaaa said:

@Rin

With the coming of 2.0 I have been looking for futher information about aion from the KR aion on what we would see.

With that I have been talking with some kr players about open world drops eg Godstones, balic mats, fabled drops and they have said that these drops do not drop from gelk and Inga as a bot protection system, as we see a copy and paste from kr to na, these changes must not be implemented due to na aion has a different eco system with the lack of bots and lack of players.

If this change does come it will kill aion.

I 100% agree. The open world drop nerfs that they already instantiated to fight botting in NA has contributed quite a bit to killing off our population as it is.

I so agree with this and absolutely needs to be mentioned and asked for. We can't receive an uncomplete version of 2.0, game already barely allow you to grind open world since it is almost pointless to, so we need, for the best of the server, don't make this change done in korea to get NA. This is one of the most important solo content aion offers besides pvp, and bots won't be such an issue as it was on Theobomos since balaurea are open pvp maps, with no channels etc. Don't nerf the solo grinding even more as it is right now. Literally grinding OW mobs for kinah is the best way to kill time when nothing else is going on

As someone who plays on KR, yeaaaaa. We're definitely going to need that reversed on NA. The droprate of items (especially designs) is already so low (like really really low), having them limited to dungeon drops only is really going to cripple us. No designs = No new crafts, and the 2.0 update has so many wonderful new crafted items and sets, the designs of which can only be dropped.  The rarity of the designs is already going to cause them to be extremely expensive, make them even rarer by having them only drop in dungeons and well, RIP. Hopefully we either get some feedback about this or it's in the as of yet unreleased patch notes. I hope they don't copy pasta the KR update but since they really have a habit of doing that here on NA, I'm not too optimistic. 

1 hour ago, Cookie said:

As someone who plays on KR, yeaaaaa. We're definitely going to need that reversed on NA. The droprate of items (especially designs) is already so low (like really really low), having them limited to dungeon drops only is really going to cripple us. No designs = No new crafts, and the 2.0 update has so many wonderful new crafted items and sets, the designs of which can only be dropped.  The rarity of the designs is already going to cause them to be extremely expensive, make them even rarer by having them only drop in dungeons and well, RIP. Hopefully we either get some feedback about this or it's in the as of yet unreleased patch notes. I hope they don't copy pasta the KR update but since they really have a habit of doing that here on NA, I'm not too optimistic. 

Thank you for that, @Rin I hope the team listens to this.

@Rin with the 2.0 patch notes it has shown that lower lvl drop rates are in this patch (item 21) this lowered drop rate needs to be reversed as  we do not have the population to support a lowed drop rate as with the theo nerf enchantment prices to be unitable for the casual player.

nc cmon. this isn't what NA needs. its already hard enough for new players/rerolls to get anywhere without having to crack open our wallets. we have less than 700 players last i counted. this does not help.

Posting this on behalf of someone from Discord who is having technical difficulties with the forums:

----

Here is my two cents about the world drop nerf in Aion Classic...world drops (fabled armor/weapons/accs/godstones/recipes) and baluar material drops should be doubled or tripled in pvp zones. Encourage people to get into those areas and encourage pvp. Keep the nerf in theobomos and other non-pvp zones.

I can imagine people not being happy about questing/leveling in pvp areas but I anticipate that would stress the importance on legions helping out and encourage community. This is an mmo, where community increases player retention which is good for the overall health of the game.

Also, this change would encourage pvp. The opposite faction is going to do their best to fight through players farming mobs. The players farming will be encouraged to protect themselves to continue grinding. This places more importance on getting pvp gears and being competitive. This would also encourage group play, as a group of friends or legionmates are going to try and work together to defend themselves from the opposite faction while trying to secure drops for themselves.

An increase of world drops and baluar mats would deflate a two of the big kinah sinks (balic crafts, enchanting armor/weapons) in the game on top of encouraging players to...play!

In the current economic space in NA Aion Classic, this would be instrumental in helping the player base establish the ability to progress in the game WITHIN THE GAME that is otherwise gatekept by the inflated price of many items. I see a general consensus that most players barely earn enough kinah organically to keep up with consumables, let alone progressing their gears. Another general consensus is that you can't compete without purchasing kinah from RMT options.

This would not rid the server of bots but it would lower their impact to the extent that players will no longer have to answer questions such as "how do you make kinah in this game?" with "kinah sellers."

This is my response to another player stating that they would rather RMT than have the ability to earn resources within the game that aren't extremely timegated:

"I'd rather farm kinah by getting my group together and slicing myself out a little corner of the map to farm out the mobs there for mats and fabled drops and having to pvp others to keep it"

Thanks for reading and please consider my suggestion as a serious effort to help the Aion community address many of its issues and concerns,

~Sassyemotions

Edited by Nia

Asazami I completely agree with you.  I am leaving Aion, there's no point in playing with the kinah drops nerfed when every thing else remains the same price.  In a quick cash grab NC has delt a critical blow to themselves and the game.

@Rin the open world drops are absolutely terrible in Ingy/Gelk. The number of mobs that have absolutely no loot dropping on them is extremely high. Just trying to grind out enough fine elemental stones to make new scrolls to level isn't feasible. 

NC needs to reassess the decision to nerf open world drops across the board. This action has discouraged players from playing and grinding in open world.

• Aion Team

Hey everyone,

Although likely not the answer you seek, the patch notes did mention the following:

• "These items will instead have an increased drop chance in dungeons and battlefields in the future." 

Other than this information in the patch notes though, I unfortunately I don't have anything to report on this matter. I have brought it up your concerns in my reports to the team and will continue to report on it, however, and at least wanted to let you know that this thread is seen.

Thank you all so much again for continually raising your concerns and frustrations. I'll keep reporting on it.

1 hour ago, Rin said:

Hey everyone,

Although likely not the answer you seek, the patch notes did mention the following:

• "These items will instead have an increased drop chance in dungeons and battlefields in the future." 

This is really disappointing to hear because of the low amount of groups that form to run instances because our population is so low. It is difficult to get a group for anything. On the asmodian side you sometimes don't see a single LFG dredge group form for several minutes after window. 

In KR this solution maybe works because each faction on every server probably has hundreds or thousands of instances run a day. We'll have a few dozen maybe. We need open world drops.

At least if open world drops were as good as they used to be in retail in 2.0 I could go out and grind and maybe have a shot at getting something useful to d/e or craft with. Bots are still going to grind regardless and make kinah. My gaming experienced is ruined more by the nerfed drop rates than the bots.

Edited by Cocoa

3 hours ago, Rin said:

Hey everyone,

Other than this information in the patch notes though, I unfortunately I don't have anything to report on this matter. I have brought it up your concerns in my reports to the team and will continue to report on it, however, and at least wanted to let you know that this thread is seen.

Thank you all so much again for continually raising your concerns and frustrations. I'll keep reporting on it.

HOW DO WE EARN KINAH?????????????????????? HOW????????????????????????? JUST TELL US HOW???????????????????

21 minutes ago, Supergirl said:

HOW DO WE EARN KINAH?????????????????????? HOW????????????????????????? JUST TELL US HOW???????????????????

Well you certainly don't earn much kinah from real world drops, so you can discard that idea.

Instance drops are a good way.

I prefer to do gathering and crafting for my kinah.

On 5/26/2022 at 12:13 PM, Rin said:

Hey everyone,

It appears that kinah and manastones also don't drop open world? WTF is wrong with NCSOFT? So, if we can't find groups on a dead server we are just going to have no kinah? AWESOME IDEA!!!!!!!!!! 

3 minutes ago, Strifer said:

Just done a little grinding, i lost more on scrolls i used then what i picked up.

Is this nerf global? someone said it was in game and am not sure how that is going to help new players.

Bots grind.

New players quest and get rewarded.

39 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

Bots grind.

New players quest and get rewarded.

Made no sense , questing is grinding. 

I don't know what Aion dose to reward new players, i know they now get scrolls and potions, but skills later on and stigmas are not cheap, especially when you got 0 income apart from quest rewards.

I still don't think greens/blues should be removed globally, Fabled i can understand and think its a good idea.

5 hours ago, Strifer said:

Made no sense , questing is grinding. 

I don't know what Aion dose to reward new players, i know they now get scrolls and potions, but skills later on and stigmas are not cheap, especially when you got 0 income apart from quest rewards.

I still don't think greens/blues should be removed globally, Fabled i can understand and think its a good idea.

Wrong, questing has kinah and other rewards.

6 hours ago, Cyfur said:

Wrong, questing has kinah and other rewards.

I grind as well as quest. You don't just get to max level by Campaigns and it was profitable to grind and make money along the way. Some people like me actually like grinding.

What's going to happen to stigmas that only drop from mobs -1,same, and +1 level of the stigma level?

This lazy approach to combat RMT isn't going to hurt anyone but the general population. RMT will find a way to make money, they always do. This is a feeble attempt to fight it without actually having to put in an ounce of effort. Not that they actually want to get rid of the bots. Every bot they ban is one less Siels Aura subscription.