PUT ALL ENDGAME GEARS/WEAPONS IN THE BCM...

Valedia-DN

On 11/20/2017 at 0:50 PM, Aly-DN said:

My friends and I completed a DD run in a little over 30 minutes this past weekend. We ignored almost all mechanics prior to the last boss. We ran it for skins and because we were bored. So pointing out that no one runs DD any more isn't the same as no one running BoS.

We also have semi-static BoS runs. More than half of the static has full BoS gear. We go to help other legionmates get the gear and to teach them (and any friends that join the runs) how to down the instance. Though I understand other statics who ran it far more times than we have wanting to take a break now that everyone in the static has the full gear, considering we are all going to need to run it again in 5.8 to get the items to upgrade the pieces.

I believe you missed my point about DD. I was referring to the situation back when NCSoft did the same thing with DD gear and now they are doing it with BoS gear.

Also I'm talking about DN-E (I believe you're from DN-A, correct me of I'm wrong since your name doesn't seem familiar to me) where we had 2-3 static alliances running BoS and now there's just one actively running, which is the one I'm part of it. We'll see what will happen in 5.8, but it would be great if NCSoft actually thinks of a way to boost those end game instances instead of giving out end game gear. 

Oh! Yes. I took when you said, ".. now look who is still running DD" meaning "still" as in right now. Not "still" after the DD was given out in events.

Indeed I am DN-A and I believe still have four or five BoS static-ish runs that I am aware of though I am sure there are more than you (on your side) and I (on my side) aren't aware of since some recruit through whispers. You won't see those unless you get a whisper or who have friends that are part of it.

Agreed that handing out the gear, though, does stop some players from ever running that instance.

• 1 month later...
On 19/11/2017 at 1:29 PM, Bryos-KT said:

I think like only 5% of my TS runs (just to put an example) were for gear. All others were for sheer entertainment because that instance is naturally fun for me.

Not going to point fingers, but I guess I am kind of guilty of doing so. :P We lose players because of people with Shaddock's mentality, because they just dont know any better. I have been saying this for years, and even to this day I am a firm believer that you make your own experience out of Aion, which is why I find it as a downright amazing game.

You have a certain activity preferred over others? Focus on it. Filter what you like and do not like. Try out different stuff until you find something you enjoy doing. I guess if you dont like BoS as an instance, it is fair to think that for yourself. However, saying that running an instance for the sake of testing your mettle, having fun with friends, helping others or just liking the idea behind the instance is illogical, that is like living in denial (closest word I came up with, not sure if it truly shows my point).

Well, I play this game since 2.1. I know what i'm talking about. I was deputy from 2 big legions and I run a lot of instances just to do it, farm,  helped my legion (really looooot of times doing it), whatever. Everything with my friends. At a certain moment we ran TSH and we used to pass items to those who needed it, this is the best example I was running the instance for fun. It was fun for a certain time. I didnt feel frustated any moment. Not for what I did. And any momment I was playing for others, was playing for me, naturally funny. But we need goals every new cap and if this goals are given for free they stop being it. Not only for me. Just do for doing can be fun for a while, not forever, if you have some goal there it can be fun. I already did everything in game: played with houses,craft, skins, intances, sieges, all I wanted. And this game need players. If everything its ok why are Aion losing players? Games are made for players. If players are satisfied game owners/adms will profit.

On 11/21/2017 at 11:06 AM, Aly-DN said:

Oh! Yes. I took when you said, ".. now look who is still running DD" meaning "still" as in right now. Not "still" after the DD was given out in events.

Indeed I am DN-A and I believe still have four or five BoS static-ish runs that I am aware of though I am sure there are more than you (on your side) and I (on my side) aren't aware of since some recruit through whispers. You won't see those unless you get a whisper or who have friends that are part of it.

Agreed that handing out the gear, though, does stop some players from ever running that instance.

17 hours ago, Shaddock-DN said:

Well, I play this game since 2.1. I know what i'm talking about. I was deputy from 2 big legions and I run a lot of instances just to do it, farm,  helped my legion (really looooot of times doing it), whatever. Everything with my friends. At a certain moment we ran TSH and we used to pass items to those who needed it, this is the best example I was running the instance for fun. It was fun for a certain time. I didnt feel frustated any moment. Not for what I did. And any momment I was playing for others, was playing for me, naturally funny. But we need goals every new cap and if this goals are given for free they stop being it. Not only for me. Just do for doing can be fun for a while, not forever, if you have some goal there it can be fun. I already did everything in game: played with houses,craft, skins, intances, sieges, all I wanted. And this game need players. If everything its ok why are Aion losing players? Games are made for players. If players are satisfied game owners/adms will profit.

I used to belong to legions just like yours, that's the best way to experience Aion. If you don't get those whispers however, then, for a lot of people, you're cut out of content and that is why players leave.

A lot of people would rather run on their alt, and gear their alt,  than take someone new and help them.

Fun fact: some people was organizing alliances to kill Auronos (drop: Provenance weapon) 3-4 times/week until the first Kromede's Revenge Event arrives (http://na.aiononline.com/en/news/events/02152017-kromedes-revenge-event.php  - Posted 02/14/2017 by Cyan). After this I have never seen an alliance being formed. As @5s25C407-DN told (in another situation): "cut out of content" by NCSoft. So smart, but no.

Archived