The cost of Soul Healing is too damn high

Pyromage-DN

I can't afford it!
And I'm someone that I would consider, plays too much. I can't imagine how casuals are supposed to pay for it, especially with the situation of the no world drops in Igg/Gelk.
We already pay for premium gameplay with Siel's Aura, the fact that soul sickness cost is so high to incentivies buying things from the shop for boons is utterly ridiculous. I would expect that kind of thing in a F2P model not P2P.

My solution is lowering the cost for Siel's Aura active players.
Thank you.

The issue I take with Soul Healing is that it is all or nothing, and it accumulates so if you don't keep it cleared it can easily rack up into the millions.  

If you could pay less than all of it somehow, it would really help.

At lvl 50 I had maximum soul sickness and only had to pay 1.5m to heal it. While it's a lot, at least it doesn't get worse than this and if you're ok with 5 minutes soul sickness then you can keep it this way until you need a shorter soul sickness

13 hours ago, Neferupito said:

At lvl 50 I had maximum soul sickness and only had to pay 1.5m to heal it. While it's a lot, at least it doesn't get worse than this and if you're ok with 5 minutes soul sickness then you can keep it this way until you need a shorter soul sickness

My Gladiator has 3.5m kinah of SS (48m EXP). It's way too high... it's like they want us to RMT!

On 5/31/2022 at 7:03 AM, Load said:

My Gladiator has 3.5m kinah of SS (48m EXP). It's way too high... it's like they want us to RMT!

Buy candies 20 accounts and you are golden. Fall for their trap card and unlock their blue eyes white dragon in defensive mode.

16 hours ago, Squid said:

Buy candies 20 accounts and you are golden. Fall for their trap card and unlock their blue eyes white dragon in defensive mode.

IKRRRRR!!

Such a shame that they trashed the game in the west. =/ (YET AGAIN).

Too bad I didn't like LOA... =/

11 hours ago, Load said:

IKRRRRR!!

Such a shame that they trashed the game in the west. =/ (YET AGAIN).

Too bad I didn't like LOA... =/

It is trashed in the east as well. The difference is they have a 5-1 bot to player ratio so they can buy all their kinah from 3rd parties while here they are selling 10m for $15 in which mind you is funny because some of the people i know who are buying kinah for enchantment stones that cost 5m ea quit retail because spending $'s to enchant accessories was p2w. Now they are spending more on 2 enchantment stones than they ever did on tempering and consider it fair. 

Does give me a good chuckle.

On 6/3/2022 at 4:31 AM, Squid said:

It is trashed in the east as well. The difference is they have a 5-1 bot to player ratio so they can buy all their kinah from 3rd parties while here they are selling 10m for $15 in which mind you is funny because some of the people i know who are buying kinah for enchantment stones that cost 5m ea quit retail because spending $'s to enchant accessories was p2w. Now they are spending more on 2 enchantment stones than they ever did on tempering and consider it fair. 

Does give me a good chuckle.

Yeah the bots are unreal in KR... but yet they still have many more legit players than us. It's really a shame.

Its way too high for new players. I started a couple days ago and between this and skillbooks i never have kinah. Im even doing blue quest for kinah but still cannot afford skillbooks at level 40ish. 

• 6 months later...

Well this is stupid. Started here 2 weeks ago to relive some of the old memories of this game we loved so much, paid for Siel's Aura but game is still p2w. They want us to pay for a double subscription and still keep the game like p2w rubbish. Overpriced cosmetics. Million bots and kinah sellers (so hard to hire 1 person to get rid of that?) drop rates and kinah drops are ridiculous.

Gonna end my siel aura and bye.

5 hours ago, Shirene-DN said:

Well this is stupid. Started here 2 weeks ago to relive some of the old memories of this game we loved so much, paid for Siel's Aura but game is still p2w. They want us to pay for a double subscription and still keep the game like p2w rubbish. Overpriced cosmetics. Million bots and kinah sellers (so hard to hire 1 person to get rid of that?) drop rates and kinah drops are ridiculous.

Gonna end my siel aura and bye.

While soul healing is certainly still expensive, this issue has also been somewhat resolved. They boosted our drops and kinah acquisition by quite a bit when they revamped Siel's Aura a few months ago. Now you can do a bit of grinding and make some kinah, do some quests as well if you'd like, and you shouldn't have too much trouble paying SS. Lower level it's obviously more rough, but there's a lot of kinah to be found in quests you might normally skip to level. 

Also, about the kinah sellers, there's a fix that will eliminate them from LFG, and I'm sure someone would be happy to share it. I haven't seen a single kinah spammer since day one of the servers.  As for bots, they're not even that bad compared to other regions. For the most part you can easily get quests done without having to fight bots for the mobs you need. 

Edited by Cookie

4 hours ago, Aijumi said:

@Cookie: You didnt see any Kinah Spammer?  Dream on, when i log in, thats the first is see. During game play i had to block at least 4 - 5 of them. Do i have the chat filter? Yes, but it doesnt work it seems...

Next time I record/livestream I can link it if you'd like.~ I have literally no botspam, ever. Have not had any since the filter was released by Yoress in like the first week of Aion Classic release. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you, though I'm sure there may be some reason, but I don't know the inner workings of the filter, only that it has always worked for me.

Edited by Cookie

14 hours ago, Aijumi said:

@Cookie: You didnt see any Kinah Spammer?  Dream on, when i log in, thats the first is see. During game play i had to block at least 4 - 5 of them. Do i have the chat filter? Yes, but it doesnt work it seems...

Be sure you have the updated file if you are not confident on adding new filtered words to the file yourself, as a few key words have been added since release (not super recently, but if you have the original one):  [Direct link to the Github page], "download" button on the second table

Make sure the .pak file is dropped in the following path:
\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\AION_CLASSIC\l10n\enu\data\Strings
Within the "Strings" folder is where the .pak file should be

dGICcpa.jpg

NHMJvdH.jpg

Edited by Forthyn

1 hour ago, Aijumi said:

@Forthyn: Believe me, the file is in the right place. Thats always the same Kinah-Spammer, but it seems it doesnt work right...

That spammer may be using new wording that the filter can’t “see” and block, in that case. Will you take a screenshot and message it to me, please?  

On 1/2/2023 at 1:59 PM, Cookie said:

While soul healing is certainly still expensive, this issue has also been somewhat resolved. They boosted our drops and kinah acquisition by quite a bit when they revamped Siel's Aura a few months ago. Now you can do a bit of grinding and make some kinah, do some quests as well if you'd like, and you shouldn't have too much trouble paying SS. Lower level it's obviously more rough, but there's a lot of kinah to be found in quests you might normally skip to level. 

Also, about the kinah sellers, there's a fix that will eliminate them from LFG, and I'm sure someone would be happy to share it. I haven't seen a single kinah spammer since day one of the servers.  As for bots, they're not even that bad compared to other regions. For the most part you can easily get quests done without having to fight bots for the mobs you need. 

Do you play the game? kinah sellers are going on all day, every day, I block them all and new ones pop and spam for days unless I block them. Bots are everywhere, hoardes of them, go to Inggi farm and you will see them. They kept killing my quest mobs also. Even in Sanctum you can see them at the bind NPC reorganizing.

If kinah and drop % have been increased.. can't even imagine how it was before. Leveling a toon from scratch IS tough, you can't pay for SS, pots, scrolls, skills cost a fortune compared to what you make, and let's not talk about important stigmas being sold for a fortune because drop rate is so low there is no supply. Have fun playing a cleric and needing 100KK just for 2 basic, really important stigmas.

The only kinah circulating comes from BT HM sell runs and people paying for it from kinah-sellers farmed money.

Why do we have to pay for (DOUBLE) subscription and still have really poor droprates and P2W? Back in 2009-2010 we paid for a sub and the game was perfect, none of this crap, that was our golden era until p2w arrived and ruined everything.

Edited by Shirene-DN

9 hours ago, Shirene-DN said:

Do you play the game? kinah sellers are going on all day, every day, I block them all and new ones pop and spam for days unless I block them. Bots are everywhere, hoardes of them, go to Inggi farm and you will see them. They kept killing my quest mobs also. Even in Sanctum you can see them at the bind NPC reorganizing.

If kinah and drop % have been increased.. can't even imagine how it was before. Leveling a toon from scratch IS tough, you can't pay for SS, pots, scrolls, skills cost a fortune compared to what you make, and let's not talk about important stigmas being sold for a fortune because drop rate is so low there is no supply. Have fun playing a cleric and needing 100KK just for 2 basic, really important stigmas.

The only kinah circulating comes from BT HM sell runs and people paying for it from kinah-sellers farmed money.

Why do we have to pay for (DOUBLE) subscription and still have really poor droprates and P2W? Back in 2009-2010 we paid for a sub and the game was perfect, none of this crap, that was our golden era until p2w arrived and ruined everything.

I do play the game, I have been playing it since the day it was launched. Like I said, the filter has been working for me so I haven't seen a single kinah spammer since the first week of the game. The bots aren't nearly as bad in Gelk/Inggi as they could be. If you saw the state of bots in regions like Korea, you'd understand what I mean. Once you get to Gelk/Inggi your best bet for leveling is not going to be doing random Quests, it will be doing Udas/Lower Udas with a duo or trio and killing all the mobs. Even without exp events, doing UT/LUT at least once a day you could get to 55 pretty quickly.  Doing Campaigns won't hurt but they won't give as much EXP as the ones prior to Gelk/Ingg do.

I have been making kinah via crafting and gathering so... it's not just BTHM sell runs, though that is certainly the easiest way.

As for new players, yes, the situation is very rough for a new player. Everything is more expensive than it should be and the cost of skills alone is like 20 mil by lvl 45. I'm aware of this because I've been funding some friends of mine with their new chars. Stigmas are ridiculous and there are fixes being implemented for it on KR but who knows how long until we get those changes. And believe me, I'm a cleric main so I know what you mean about the cost of cleric stigmas. The cost has always been pretty absurd, even during the start of Classic they were the most costly stigmas and back then kinah was worth triple what it is now. 

I'm curious why you're talking about a (DOUBLE) sub? Are you including the Daeva Pass? That's entirely optional. I've only bought it 3x since the servers opened... It's a great source of kinah sometimes though, for the enchantment stone boxes tend to contain tradeable stones. You don't have to buy it in order to have a good experience though, it's not like a premium or anything that grants extra entries and all that nonsense. Usually it's cosmetics and some enchantment stones and a 30d pet that gives balic mats when you feed it a fudge-ton of these special meats that drop from bosses, and like one motion/emotion card, oh and maybe a couple crowns? But unless you really want the skins or the motions/emotions I wouldn't say there's any real need to buy it. 

But to get back to the original topic, Soul Healing is pretty pricey and they should definitely lower it. I know people sitting with a couple million kinah worth in soul healing fees that they're not paying and it's honestly sad that it costs that much just for dying a couple times in PvE. I understand the game needs some kind of kinah sink, but with NA's economy right now I think reducing the cost of Soul Healing wouldn't be a bad thing. 

Edited by Cookie