Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - June 8, 2022 [Classic]

Rin

What's even worse about this situation is there were posts before the 2.0 drop stating from the community not to nerf the drop rates. They did it anyways of course and now the community is still being hurt by them dragging their feet on the decision to reverse the loot drops. What's bad is when all these new players started and people had to grind to 55 is when the market could have literally flooded with items. All they have done is continued to create a hyper inflation because they took any real world item circulation away. 

So instead of just dealing with bots they made it absolutely impossible for new coming players to play the game without using RMT. They also inflated RMT prices as well, but it's still below the prices of buying and selling candies so they are just hurting themselves more. More players = more quna being spent on passes and shop. Probably letting a sub go too, this is just getting ridiculous. 

@Rinwhen are we going to get some feedback on the fort reset scrolls and when is action going to be taken on the drop rates?

Also, if the Krotan, Kysis, Miren fort instances have been bumped up to lvl 55 balaur, can we get the balaur material loot tables to match please? We should be looting firm mats in those instances, thanks.

The situation is frustrating, but I want to remind everyone that NCSoft essentially micromanages NCWest. It's a shoddy system, but those who have been around for a while should know how NCSoft operates. They really mean it when they say that Rin and company are doing what is within their power to escalate NA problems and having them addressed. I'm not saying we should sit on our thumbs like good little children and wait for miracles — they won't happen, but bear in mind these years of consistency from NCSoft

To who it may concern: The only thing going after Rin will do is wear her down, and you'll be back to once-a-week maintenance updates. Remember she is on our side, she has no power over the NCSoft employee who has left her on "read" 

12 hours ago, Forthyn said:

The situation is frustrating, but I want to remind everyone that NCSoft essentially micromanages NCWest. It's a shoddy system, but those who have been around for a while should know how NCSoft operates. They really mean it when they say that Rin and company are doing what is within their power to escalate NA problems and having them addressed. I'm not saying we should sit on our thumbs like good little children and wait for miracles — they won't happen, but bear in mind these years of consistency from NCSoft

To who it may concern: The only thing going after Rin will do is wear her down, and you'll be back to once-a-week maintenance updates. Remember she is on our side, she has no power over the NCSoft employee who has left her on "read" 

I don't think anybody is coming down on Rin, just the unfortunate circumstance happens to be that there's no real support through their own support portal and they rely on us posting on the forums for issues to be escalated and resolved so it falls in her lap. She has done a fantastic job thus far. 

Now the 2.0 drop rates issue was actually brought up 1-2 weeks before 2.0 actually released. So you're talking about around a month of the entire community (except one person) complaining about the drops being removed from open world. There was somebody that played Korea who posted on our forums prior to release about this. So they have known for that long and taken no inaction so everybody has a right to be a little upset about it at this point.

Regardless if NC micromanages NCWest or not, our only voice or course of action besides ingame repercussions (unsubbing, hackers, botters, RMT) is voicing our opinion on the forums.

12 hours ago, Forthyn said:

The classic servers have a supermajority of natively toxic people, it's just how they are and they aren't going to listen to you; most of them support botting and of course they are going to attack Rin (and also deny they are) so nothing changes.

Edited by Motgar-KT

18 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

The classic servers have a supermajority of natively toxic people, it's just how they are and they aren't going to listen to you; most of them support botting and of course they are going to attack Rin (and also deny they are).

Fixed it, had confusing language.

18 hours ago, Forthyn said:

I dont hold Rin responsible and i'd hate their job.I do however have a lot of Ire towards those who are hiding behind the scenes making decisions that affect the community.Look at WOW AND how many streams and Q@As the developers participate in.

They at least have the decency and integrity too front the community and explain their choices even if you dont agree with them.

The frustration comes for me at least that this is a 14 year old game and they still DONT LISTEN,what sort of company just constantly ignores customers and seems happy to actually lose subs and money.

There is literally no excuse for fixes to be so slow and delayed when this is not a new game and they are taking players for a ride and letting the game decline because of their inaction on issues.

• Rin unpinned and unfeatured this topic