Ultimate Aethertech Guide 3.5 [Skills, Gear, PvP, PvE] | Updated for 6.2

Vince-DN

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed it does. It may be hard to see sometimes because since it's a charge skill, you can use a lot of other skills together within the time it would have taken to charge to do about the same amount of damage. The AoE effect is the main perk of this skill since it acts as a beam. So it's great for handling lots of balaur, like adds or clusters in besh; that's where it really shines.

13 hours ago, Kircheis-KT said:

I think ravager cannon is bugged, it doesn't deal extra damage to balaur. Check out this video: 

Ravager cannon should deal more damage than kinetic slam if a target is balaur.

This is not always the case. I still do more damage than Kinetic Slam than Ravager Cannon even if the target is Balaur. Also, you can tell if the target is Balaur if you have 2 forms of damage with Bludgeon or Riplash. This is also a year ago so it may be outdated.

4.0 regions and later all those Balaur will be considered Balaur for the bonus damage, but old instances like NTC or Beluslan will not have the Balaur tag and will be like every other mob. I can imagine it's better for the devs not to update old mobs especially when that damage isn't really needed. Majority of classes (old classes pretty much) have their bonus Balaur damage skill at 61+ With Templar being blood pact at 26.

I think the only old content that may have been updated with Balaur tags may be Beshmundir Temple, that or I'm imagining it. Kinda hard to notice when you solo as an AT in that instance with the level 55 campaign gear.

Interestingly there are certain constructs such as invasion bosses and the IO boss considered Balaur for bonus damage purposes. 

Only at low levels when you don't have that much skills. Your auto attacks are considered magical attacks so can get resisted but with the gear you get at level 10, auto's are pretty good. At around level 45 or 50 you stick with just skills because at that point your auto attacks won't be as powerful as other skills and you will have more skills to work with anyway.

I have a couple of question's for the great author of this thread or a top endgame AT.I see ppl say max out your knowledge too 400,can anyone tell me how much MB and MA we should be aiming for in pvp like 5500MB 3k ma or higher?

Also weapons,is it better to combine your AP weapon with a pure frigida cipher or go for a Harvester and Asherion while losing some pvp attack or lastly fusing 2 Ap weapons.

And lastly Essence points for skill's which are best to max out for pve and pvp settings.

Great thread inspired me to finally level one of these rampaging beasts:)

I don't know about magic boost or magical accuracy settings, but for weapons harvester and ahserion combines would be really good if Ahserion was more common. As an AT you gotta remember with the upgraded overdrive trigger you can reach cap magic boost easier than other classes and going PvP attack may be a good option.

Idium Strike, Rocket Punch, Heatburst or skills I would like to max out at 8 while keeping the other 3 AOE skills at 3. If AOE oriented, max the 3 AOE skills and have like 3 for the single target heavy hitters.

Why do people think Steel Storm is bad for DPS. If people can justify using Kinetic slam which has a base charge time of 2.8 seconds for stage 3 2746 magic damage, then they should be okay with stage 2 Steel storm which is for 1176 magic damage for a base of 1.1 second charge time and ranged as well. No need for Meteor strike when you have steel storm to be honest.

Archived