Forums

Ultimate Aethertech Guide 3.5 [Skills, Gear, PvP, PvE] | Updated for 6.2

Vince-DN

On September 30, 2017 at 6:44 PM, OhNoBehindYou-SL said:

This guide is amazing - made me start to focus on my Aethertech. Just out of curiosity, could you include the minimum stats for PVE and PVP? I might have missed them, but don't believe I saw them anywhere (or in comments). Mostly curious about minimum MA to be safe in PVP.

Thank you very much :-)

For Bastion of Souls minimum 5.5k mb, 900 crit spell, and I don't know about MA. Possibly around 2.5k at mininum but it's just a guess. I have 2.7k and never get resisted by anything in Bastion of Souls. However, for Bastion of Souls 1k crit spell is recommended because of the amount of spell resist these mobs have.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Commission-IS said:

For Bastion of Souls minimum 5.5k mb, 900 crit spell, and I don't know about MA. Possibly around 2.5k at mininum but it's just a guess. I have 2.7k and never get resisted by anything in Bastion of Souls. However, for Bastion of Souls 1k crit spell is recommended because of the amount of spell resist these mobs have.

Thank you, Commission - this was helpful. I'm at about 4300 MB at level 70 (not sure about my other stats since I'm at work, will have to check), so seems like I just gotta keep grinding exp and trying to + my gear :-)

I always use Kinetic Slam as fast as I could (it can't be instant since it needs to charge at least 0.4 sec before you can use skill) and I never run out of skills,should I really charge it ? even arch daeva version of it doesn't feel worth it since charge time doesn't faster and attack speed buff only last 5 seconds.I'm playing all classes and I feel AT is the weakest in pve.Am I doing it wrong ? I can't test it myself right now cause I having exp buff and I'm saving it.

On 03/10/2017 at 10:31 PM, Commission-IS said:

Hello! May I ask your gear? Im building an AT for CoE and BoS runs. Im atm with 5350 mb and 1002 crit spell at lvl73. Do you think its good enough for BoS? Or I have to manage it for lower cs and higher mb? My main is a Templar and Im already do BoS, so I want to focus mainly on dps job xD

Im at full CoE gear +15 with mb28/know +7

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Bjorn-TM said:

Hello! May I ask your gear? Im building an AT for CoE and BoS runs. Im atm with 5350 mb and 1002 crit spell at lvl73. Do you think its good enough for BoS? Or I have to manage it for lower cs and higher mb? My main is a Templar and Im already do BoS, so I want to focus mainly on dps job xD

Thanks!

Thats really good, remember Sundering Blade you can keep it up 87.5% of the time, and you got heaps of magic boost skills. You got way too good stats for it.

On 10/5/2017 at 0:29 PM, Bjorn-TM said:

Thanks!

I use a mix of Harvester's and Sophisticated Frigida. I socketted it with Knowledge and MB/MA composites. I also have a Harvester's Cipher-blade combined with another Harvester's Cipher-blade. If you can level a bit more and raise your knowledge even higher, would be even better.

I tested with charged Kinetic Slam(archdaeva version) and my dps increased somehow I found a couple problems,I do not wish to use mp skills at all cause it's slow and low dmg and when I use it I'll lose dps.I'm thinking to get life support  trigger and enchant it and unequip ravager cannon.It should help me with mana problem and and I can keep dps without mana problem.

You need to make a balance with your MP management otherwise your DPS is going to be punished because you're either focusing too hard on damaging skills or too much on losing MP. Socket Aether recharge and learn to work siphoning stab into your rotation. Sure it might not do that much damage, but you'll maintain a sustained level of MP while using your stability thrusters and battery. Keeping your mp from running out in the first place prevents hiccups in your rotation. Furthermore, Aethertechs aren't sorcs or assassins; you're not going to be dropping nukes or weaving -- you need focus on using your buffs, maximizing your attack speed and using Kinetic whenever it's off cool down. There was a rotation I used back in IS and some Arch Instances which easily pushed me to either top or second DPS. I haven't PvE'd in a while, but I'll give you my 0 cooldown rotation once my computer is up and running again for me to test.

• 2 weeks later...

By arms fusing a cipher blade with PvP stats underneath a great BASE PvE cipher blade you’ll end up with a master cipher blade that can be used for both situations. It’s cost effective and if you use it well you can handle yourself just as well as anyone using a dedicated cipher blade

I am a returning player, and information is so hard to find.  But I have a question on this please.

Question on the master Cipher blade.  Is there ever any advantage of combining a PvP weapon on top and the PvE weapon below?  Would that take temperings to level up instead of omega's?  Is there a major difference in stat points between PvP/PvE vs PvE/PvP.

Sorry if its a dumb question, like I said returning player and I'm finding it hard to find much updated information.

Fyzzles

12 minutes ago, Fyzzles-DN said:

Is there ever any advantage of combining a PvP weapon on top and the PvE weapon below?

The latest patch introduced PvE stats for PvE gear. In the past, having a PvE+PvP combine was the way to go because weapons for PvE did not matter, so you could use your PvP weapon for it (also depended on class). There were also other reasons, like PvE weapons having generally better stats than PvP ones, so people would usually do PvE on top and PvP as bottom. Not to mention PvE weapons were generally rarer and more expensive in some cases. Regardless, that is all irrelevant now. No, if you want to make the most out of your weapons, you will want both a PvP weapon (PvE/PvP + PvP) and a PvE (PvE + PvE) weapon.

13 minutes ago, Fyzzles-DN said:

Would that take temperings to level up instead of omega's?

No, you cannot use Tempering Solutions in place of Omegas. There is special gear that can be tempered instead of enchanted, but it is irrelevant now as well.

13 minutes ago, Fyzzles-DN said:

Is there a major difference in stat points between PvP/PvE vs PvE/PvP.

The way armfusion works, it takes the bonus stats (yellow numbers) and conditioning/augmenting abilities (if any) of the secondary weapon and adds them to the primary weapon. It also gives the primary weapon the secondary's manastone slots, yada yada. In other words, PvP + PvE or PvE + PvP depends on the weapons that you choose and what you plan to do with them as well. As I said above, if you want to make the most out of them, you have to consider combining two of the same type if each weapon has PvE stats and PvP stats respectively.

For instance, PvE-wise, I would aim for a Harvester's weapon (from BoS) combined with an Apollon's weapon (from CoE/ToE). This is because Apollon's wepaons have conditioning, which when fused will stack with the PvE stats given by the Harvester's weapon. PvP-wise, though, you have a little more freedom there, but PvP + PvP is top tier.

Bryos,

Thank you for explaining this.  So for PVE combine Harvesters/Apollon for best PvE Cipher Blade, and work on getting PvP/PvP Cipher Blade as a second weapon?

One last quick question if you don't mind.  With this recent event, there are lots of Harvesters gear around, is it better to upgrade a +3 skill (like +3 Rocket Punch) Apollon to Harvesters with no skill boost?  The Apollon is not enchanted and has crappy stones in it, so its not a huge waste of money either way, just not sure how important the skill boost is in overall dps.

Thanks!

Fyz

Thats an option, yes. You dont HAVE to get two PvP weapons fused though, a PvE + PvP one works just good as well. The problem with that nowadays is most endgame PvE weapons have conditioning, which you cannot fuse with a PvP weapon with augmenting. The only exceptions are Sophisticated Frigida (PvE) and Ahserion (PvP).

Now though, the PvP + PvP combines are quite expensive because you will have to technically re-augment two weapons, and as such, it is only recommended if you will be using Major Blessed Augments rather than your own AP.

If you wish to instead go for PvE+PvP, you can always go for something like Frigida + level 75 Abyss. At the same time though, in a couple of months, we will be getting level 80 Abyss gear, which requires level 75 one. At the same time, it takes a while to gather the materials to upgrade. It really depends on what you are willing to do.

As for skill boosts, in my personal opinion, they only change the game if they are for heals and leechs. Otherwise, they are not worth the investment/loss of stats.

• Vince-DN changed the title to Ultimate Aethertech Thread [Skills, Gear, PvP, PvE] | Updated: 10/25/17

Some stuff pointing out that is not correct (or just outdated), or other interesting points:

1. Drillbore does NOT remove a Sorcerer's Boon of Iron Clad. I tested it out. 

2. The manastones should be Knowledge at least 80% of the time. You should stop using it once you have too much Knowledge for diminishing returns or you are socketing Precision mixed with Knowledge.

3. Damage godstones are still ok in PvE, but in PvP since almost everyone you face has godstone activation suppression thanks to the archdaeva skill and the 75 ap set, it will get resisted literally all the time and going something like Silence or Blind is the preferred choice in PvP. (I recommend having 2 cipher-blades for both Silence and Blind) I also do not recommend Paralyze as it gets resisted too often for it to be useful, and Stun is not all that useful since the stun isn't all that long.

4. In the next major patch (5.8) dredgion defense will be removed. This means that either the Sophisticated Frigida set will be a legacy set or it will be obtained some other way.

5. If you have at least 2.8k MA in PvE removing all Precision from Essence is a wise choice since it gives you more points to put in other attributes such as skills.

Also:

Aojp4iG.png

10 hours ago, 1s34E159-KT said:

I wonder if this guide is the reason why Ahserion Cipher-blades are such a rip off compared to other weapons.

I'm teetering on whether or not this is a bad thing. I did notice an incline in the amount of ATs I've see online which does make me happy.

On 10/29/2017 at 11:49 PM, PeachyPaladin-KT said:

I am surprised at how this thread has progresses and I'm encouraged o make my AT's in the future.

Looks like the previous quote guessed correctly haha.

On 11/2/2017 at 8:31 PM, Commission-DN said:

Some stuff pointing out that is not correct (or just outdated), or other interesting points:

1. Drillbore does NOT remove a Sorcerer's Boon of Iron Clad. I tested it out. 

2. The manastones should be Knowledge at least 80% of the time. You should stop using it once you have too much Knowledge for diminishing returns or you are socketing Precision mixed with Knowledge.

3. Damage godstones are still ok in PvE, but in PvP since almost everyone you face has godstone activation suppression thanks to the archdaeva skill and the 75 ap set, it will get resisted literally all the time and going something like Silence or Blind is the preferred choice in PvP. (I recommend having 2 cipher-blades for both Silence and Blind) I also do not recommend Paralyze as it gets resisted too often for it to be useful, and Stun is not all that useful since the stun isn't all that long.

4. In the next major patch (5.8) dredgion defense will be removed. This means that either the Sophisticated Frigida set will be a legacy set or it will be obtained some other way.

5. If you have at least 2.8k MA in PvE removing all Precision from Essence is a wise choice since it gives you more points to put in other attributes such as skills.

Also:

Aojp4iG.png

Some good information here.

1. You may want to retest this, because I've tried it on sorcs before and after your claim and it has worked. I don't know yet if this effects the archdaeva version, but the normal version is indeed breakable.

2. The gear setups I gave were based on a small budget, knowledge stones are always nice, but I mainly encourage people to get magic boost until they're swimming in kinah.

3. Yes, I did change this with the update a while back. Silence has to be the #1 pick, since mainly every classes' utility skills can be silenced. Clerics and Songweavers can be incredibly pesky to bury.

4. Already? We literally just got it though. But as someone said above it would be nice if this would at least be a legacy skin, perhaps obtainable through aertherforging?

5. I agree. But for lower level ATs I would recommend using essence (as opposed to socketing) to obtain a steady amount of magical accuracy to even hit most archdaeva mobs. As their gear gets better they can remove it entirely. My MA with full harvesters is just about 2.8 (with bastion mount) which is suitable for any instance.

Also those are some pretty impressive stats! However, I believe if you're going to share your stats that you do so without buffs.

Without a doubt Aethertech is just way too good against balaur. You know where it says does another attack on balaur for skills like Ripslash, Rocket Punch, Heatburst that damage is another 40% and it can trigger godstones. And lets not forget Ravager Cannon; which allowed me to solo BT no problem when I was power leveling during double XP. SO much fun with this class :)

On 11/12/2017 at 7:38 AM, BaitedByHumidor-DN said:

Without a doubt Aethertech is just way too good against balaur. You know where it says does another attack on balaur for skills like Ripslash, Rocket Punch, Heatburst that damage is another 40% and it can trigger godstones. And lets not forget Ravager Cannon; which allowed me to solo BT no problem when I was power leveling during double XP. SO much fun with this class :)

That's pretty much why I use Ravager Cannon in Bastion of Souls because the final boss is counted as a Balaur and therefore you get bonus damage with it.

Archived