Jump to content
Vince-DN

Ultimate Aethertech Thread [Skills, Gear, PvP, PvE] | Version 2.0

Recommended Posts

You might wanna add bind resist (lockdown, binding word) for Trauma Plate trigger. That's what it means when it says 'blockade' but otherwise good guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, Worseluck-BR said:

You might wanna add bind resist (lockdown, binding word) for Trauma Plate trigger. That's what it means when it says 'blockade' but otherwise good guide.

You can't edit posts after like 5 minutes.

This is the best guide I've seen for any class, in fact its just really well laid out that people can enjoy playing aethertechs just by reading this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best way to describe aethertech is a jack of all trades, master of none.

They tank great, and their aggro passive and naturally high damage let them hold aggro pretty easy, but they lack the defensive abilities of a templar or even of a gladiator, and fall short compared to them.

They DPS great too!, but they can't compare to the 3 kings of sorcerer assassin and gladiator.

They boost everyone else's damage from sundering blade!, except most geared mages will have overkill amounts of magic boost so reducing msupp won't help as much as reducing elemental resists would.

The two places they stand out are in AoEing, where they rival a gladiator, and PvP, where the jack of all trades dynamic means they have tools to cover all bases, and they can melt most players in 5 seconds flat if given the opportunity to combo properly, and since nobody plays AT, nobody knows how to fight against them. You can usually get away with null trigger -> cinder cannon (+gatling) -> (resist into) backlash -> steam rush -> completely bamboozle the opponent. It's a nice engage combo you can do once every 30 seconds, so if you didn't kill them the first time, now they don't have remove shock and you can let the burst shock really just explode forth. You lower msupp more than any other class can, you basically can't be resisted outside of a full MR templar with AA and shield stance, you break barriers, silence, paralyze, root, slow, all without cast times.

 

I'm sorry that ncsoft didn't let casting-speed cypher blades get passed the test server. If those were readily available, ATs might be stronk enough to make people want to play them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, Disregard-TM said:

The best way to describe aethertech is a jack of all trades, master of none.

They tank great, and their aggro passive and naturally high damage let them hold aggro pretty easy, but they lack the defensive abilities of a templar or even of a gladiator, and fall short compared to them.

They DPS great too!, but they can't compare to the 3 kings of sorcerer assassin and gladiator.

They boost everyone else's damage from sundering blade!, except most geared mages will have overkill amounts of magic boost so reducing msupp won't help as much as reducing elemental resists would.

The two places they stand out are in AoEing, where they rival a gladiator, and PvP, where the jack of all trades dynamic means they have tools to cover all bases, and they can melt most players in 5 seconds flat if given the opportunity to combo properly, and since nobody plays AT, nobody knows how to fight against them. You can usually get away with null trigger -> cinder cannon (+gatling) -> (resist into) backlash -> steam rush -> completely bamboozle the opponent. It's a nice engage combo you can do once every 30 seconds, so if you didn't kill them the first time, now they don't have remove shock and you can let the burst shock really just explode forth. You lower msupp more than any other class can, you basically can't be resisted outside of a full MR templar with AA and shield stance, you break barriers, silence, paralyze, root, slow, all without cast times.

 

I'm sorry that ncsoft didn't let casting-speed cypher blades get passed the test server. If those were readily available, ATs might be stronk enough to make people want to play them.

Good post, pretty damn accurate especially the overkill in magic boost. Sundering blade these days would be better to reduce all elemental defense, I mean early game that magic suppression reduction definitely helps groups and alliances and sell back when the level cap was 65, but with the archdaeva skill upgrades that Aethertechs can get when high level especially the 75 skill; they will just have too much magic boost and attack speed.

Its important to note that having maxed magic boost and attack speed isn't a bad thing, it adds reliability to the class and still makes it fun and balanced. As a pro 75 glad, seeing all these other badiators knowing only how to spin to win especially when they go in blender groups makes me wish I had gotten an Aethertech to 75 instead.

I'm just curious how cast speed cipher blades even benefit Aethertechs. I'm fairly sure attack speed is the value that affects charging chills for Aethertechs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johngunmad-SL said:

I'm just curious how cast speed cipher blades even benefit Aethertechs.

attack speed and cast speed both affect charge speed regardless of class. if you are capped on attack speed, swap your gloves or scroll for cast speed for a slight performance boost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Disregard-TM said:

attack speed and cast speed both affect charge speed regardless of class. if you are capped on attack speed, swap your gloves or scroll for cast speed for a slight performance boost.

No it's not,cast speed do not affecting charging speed of gunner and AT,Momomo already show cast speed ain't affecting AT and gunner skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah how would the calculations even work if you are attack speed cap and then you add on cast me. Charge skills charge faster than half the time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a level 72 Aethertech I definitely recommend this guide. With good enough rotations and full apollon armour and accessories with +6 knowledge I was able to just do well in PvE instances and finished Modor in Crucible Spire with 85 milliseconds left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Amiteah-SL said:

Is using Steel storm stage 2 good for single target DPS, it feels faster to pull off than say meteor strike.

I personally use Ravager Cannon over Steel Storm. Ravager Cannon has higher base damage than Steel Storm at stage 3 and also deals additional damage to Balaur making it even better for PvE. 

My PvE stigma build:

yLQdgeb.png

Meteor Strike and Rain of Knuckles are essential in PvE because of their good damage output. I take Riplash and Drillbore for more constant instant-cast DPS and providing more AoE along with Ravager Cannon. Aethercharged Steel is also good mainly due to the attack speed buff it grants you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jono-KT   

Is Aethercharged steel really worth picking up, cause 5% pvp attack, 300 magic boost and 10% attack speed ain't much especially when 3 of the Aethertechs archdaeva skills make you attack speed cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bedrock-SL said:

Is Aethercharged steel really worth picking up, cause 5% pvp attack, 300 magic boost and 10% attack speed ain't much especially when 3 of the Aethertechs archdaeva skills make you attack speed cap.

Learn to rotate buffs. And Aethercharged Steel is pretty much a must-have with all other buffs if you're fighting any MSup gladiators or knowledge-whoring magics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only the PvP attack was much more or it had crit spell instead of magic boost. Back in 4.5 it was a good pickup because that attack speed and magic boost always helped especially if you're under geared. Now with Kinetic Slam, Stability Thrusters and Overdrive Trigger having powerful archdaeva upgrades that gives massive attack speed that any one of them makes you cap. Combat prowess (upgraded stability thrusters) already does what Aether charged Steel does but better, 10% PvP attack, 50 extra shock resist, less mana upkeep and 10% more attack speed from the upgrade. Now you have Transcend Limit (upgraded Overdrive Trigger) giving an extra 1% attack and movement speed, 250 magic boost and 400 magical accuracy and is now a cheaper toggle there is no good reason of picking up Aether charged Steel over another stigma that will actually help.

I mean the 400 magical accuracy bonus from Transcend Limit mean you can dedicate more into having really high magic boost and Aethertechs are the best for counter magic suppression as they still have sundering blade to reduce 500 of it. Times have changed where like someone mentioned before its better to replace Aether charged steel with Steel Storm and use a quick charge to stage 2 for solo PvP. It does good damage and is ranged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guide is amazing - made me start to focus on my Aethertech. Just out of curiosity, could you include the minimum stats for PVE and PVP? I might have missed them, but don't believe I saw them anywhere (or in comments). Mostly curious about minimum MA to be safe in PVP.

 

Thank you very much :-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vince-DN   

Super thrilled this guide actually helped and inspired you all! It makes the time it took to make it worth it. I would answer a lot of your questions and add a lot more content to the guide but I cannot edit the original post for whatever reason (it may be due to the forum rules); but, I'll be making a part two to the guide in just a few days once I finish some more school related things. Thank you all for reading the guide!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×