Ultimate Aethertech Guide 3.5 [Skills, Gear, PvP, PvE] | Updated for 6.2

Vince-DN

Nothing wrong with a full AOE build if you can get that 7th stigma, Aethertechs have the best AOE damage rotations because of cooldowns. A lot of people say gladiators are the best but I disagree as their AOEs are for burst and not constant sustain AOE damage like Aethertechs or Templars now.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, BeritraVice-KT said:

Super happy to get some guidance! This guide is very comprehensive, but I do have a quick question- what magical accuracy/magical attack stats should we be shooting for in the PvP gear?

I'm glad the guide could help a fellow cipher boi! Those stats are still something I'm working out myself, and I will update the guide the moment I get the relevant information. All I can say for now is there is greater emphasis on crit spell than raw magical attack.

10 hours ago, MechBird-DN said:

A liltle add to the guide:

Mounting Frustration gives 800 PvE defense when active.

Just found this out a couple days ago, too! I'll add it as well as the fact it decreases Magical Attack by 200.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this bad boy the other day after solo farming BoS and FM for skill books.
2018-12-08-04-02-43-Window.png

It's super fun to use, and there's a lot of pew pew -- although I still would prefer the stumble bomb version since I mostly PvP. What I found out though was that this and the other version inflict short range AoE damage! I'll update the guide to add these little details and some personal screenshots.

2 minutes ago, Bowage-KT said:

ATs can wear both chain and leather, is there a difference in 6.2? or is it still advisable for ATs to go chain?

In 6.2, classes can only wear their "main" gear material. You cant wear leather anymore as Aethertech.

In any case, even if you could still wear leather, chain is better.

On 2018-12-12 at 3:33 PM, Bryos-DN said:

In 6.2, classes can only wear their "main" gear material. You cant wear leather anymore as Aethertech.

In any case, even if you could still wear leather, chain is better.

Actually (and I know I have said the contrary previously pre-6.2 without testing it myself), aethertechs can wear leather as well as chain. But yes, they don't get the better passive for wearing leather, just the basic low level one, so certain stats from leather will be slightly lower than chain I believe (unsure which).

BMEnJVs.png

• 4 months later...

Archived