Jump to content
Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - July 13, 2022 [Classic]


EMpulse
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Aion Team

Hello, Daevas!!

Here are tomorrow's maintenance notes for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and will conclude after approximately 2 1/2 hours.

Welcome The Tiger Ends

Shugo Games Final (Part 3/4/5) Begins: July 13 - July 27

  • Odds and Evens
  • Cross the Stepping Stones
  • Drive 'em Out

1st Anniversary Awards delivery: July 13

Thank you!

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And still months on from 2.0 Release and nothing is still being done about droprates while the game is bleeding players on a daily basis?

You do realise players are leaving in droves for Private servers because of your inaction on so many issues and Qol issues ingame,simply because they can gear and socket items on these illegal servers.Plus all items for sale in these private server shops far outstrip the rubbish you are still peddling to the na region.

The people in charge be it producers here or korea dragging their feet are killing this game once more,you guys have had 14 years of retail to figure out what works for the region and instead of creating a relatively healthy mmo you are crashing the titanic into a iceberg yet again.

You charge us a subcription fee then have the audacity to make us pay for stigmas which should either be available from a vendor or drop much more often openworld.

You have given bots and rmt sellers carte blanche to run rampant because people are obviously still buying tons of illegal kinah as its price fluctuates and still proceed too hurt the legitimate players with ridiculous droprates that they can barely even socket gear.

The way your team is going this game will be lucky to make another year because of your total lack of understanding about NA regions despite thousands of threads and the experience of 14 years with retail, it just blows the mind how you can repeat the same errors over and over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, marikazan-KT said:

And still months on from 2.0 Release and nothing is still being done about droprates while the game is bleeding players on a daily basis?

You do realise players are leaving in droves for Private servers because of your inaction on so many issues and Qol issues ingame,simply because they can gear and socket items on these illegal servers.Plus all items for sale in these private server shops far outstrip the rubbish you are still peddling to the na region.

The people in charge be it producers here or korea dragging their feet are killing this game once more,you guys have had 14 years of retail to figure out what works for the region and instead of creating a relatively healthy mmo you are crashing the titanic into a iceberg yet again.

You charge us a subcription fee then have the audacity to make us pay for stigmas which should either be available from a vendor or drop much more often openworld.

You have given bots and rmt sellers carte blanche to run rampant because people are obviously still buying tons of illegal kinah as its price fluctuates and still proceed too hurt the legitimate players with ridiculous droprates that they can barely even socket gear.

The way your team is going this game will be lucky to make another year because of your total lack of understanding about NA regions despite thousands of threads and the experience of 14 years with retail, it just blows the mind how you can repeat the same errors over and over.

well sayed , a year ago, there were many people like you. They spoke and asked. But they were not heard. I'm sure nothing has changed. NcSoft doesn't know anything about the game and the players.

They only have ideas on how to make money.

A couple of brilliant ideas . Remove drop balaurs material and add $20 event where you can get materials. Add Pets to daeva pass for $30 which will give you materials. Reduce junk cost x4 x5 and junk limit to 1kk. And add candy (100k) which has been part of the economy for a long time. And they could not be removed without redesigning the economy. Remove stigma drop and add it to shop .  There are a lot of such economic ideas. There's a big list here. That's all NCsoft can do.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At this moment we have 2 huge problems , bots and world drop . 

Bots , destroy economy .  destroy part of the gameplay , grind , craft , gathering . All this is done by bots and there is no place for a player there. Probably NCsoft thinks that all players are PvP, all they need is AP and medals, and they are will be happy for donate daeva pass and candy for enchantment gear  . But they are wrong. If you get rid of bots online will fall to  5% -6% from  12% -13 %,  need to attract new players with a free game for a month or more  and need to start calibrating the world drop. They may have to increase the drop by x2 or x3 from the normal one in some locations . So that it would be profitable to kill mobs , a couple of hours, but so that it would not bring in excess of income. And it is necessary to reduce the cost of some points. For example soul sicknes. 12 years ago Soul Sick cost 3,700,000 kinah . With weekly limit 34kk junks . Today same 3 700 000 , but limit per week 14kk for 55 lvl . Junks cost much highter 12 years a go .  Green weapon 44 lvl  450k , today 120k . So its much harder to get 2kk per day today , than it was 12 years a go . So tell me , why healing Soul Sick still cost 3 700 000 ?  Donate for administration boons , another " great " economic idea by NCsoft .

Lots of things to do. Then there should be a restart of Aion Classic. Which will be made for the players, not for how to put experiments on players to make money.As we can see, the experiments failed. The game is dead.

I dont ask enything , i just say facts . 

Edited by Magnitoz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@EMPulse I don't see community manager on the careers page, so I guess you found a community manager? When do they start?

Edit: Nevermind, it's under "ASSOCIATE CONTENT MARKETING SPECIALIST" I guess.

Edited by Motgar-KT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Piggie said:

hey you need to increase drop rate especially on manastones. and where is my 1st year present -.- i need you to have CMRin back -.- 

hey all check your account warehouse they put mine there 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote
On 7/12/2022 at 6:38 PM, EMPulse said:

1st Anniversary Awards delivery: July 13

 

Any particular reason why some of us have not received all of our due medals/rewards?
I had 2 platinum medals waiting on me in account warehouse.....nothing else.
That should be:

1 medal for login time (minimum required 100 days total, not consecutive)

1 medal for subscription time (minimum required 100 days total, not consecutive)

1 medal for pvp kills (no minimum threshold was stated, so common sense assumption is minimum would be 1 kill, type of medal based off % of the playerbase you fell into)

1 medal for Bakarma kills (same criteria as pvp kills)

1 medal for Tahabata kills (same criteria as pvp kills)
 

Last I knew, 5 times 1 medal each "achievement" =5, not 2 medals total....

 

Edited by Neobahamut-DN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Neobahamut-DN said:

Any particular reason why some of us have not received all of our due medals/rewards?
I had 2 platinum medals waiting on me in account warehouse.....nothing else.
That should be:

1 medal for login time (minimum required 100 days total, not consecutive)

1 medal for subscription time (minimum required 100 days total, not consecutive)

1 medal for pvp kills (no minimum threshold was stated, so common sense assumption is minimum would be 1 kill, type of medal based off % of the playerbase you fell into)

1 medal for Bakarma kills (same criteria as pvp kills)

1 medal for Tahabata kills (same criteria as pvp kills)
 

Last I knew, 5 times 1 medal each "achievement" =5, not 2 medals total....

 

you sure you didn't have any gold/silver medals in there for the others? I had one gold, one silver, two sapphire medals and 1 platinum, so don't just be looking out for the platinums/sapphires

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, 5s1152C5-DN said:

you sure you didn't have any gold/silver medals in there for the others? I had one gold, one silver, two sapphire medals and 1 platinum, so don't just be looking out for the platinums/sapphires

i definitely only had only 2 plats in account warehouse, all i had in there beforehand was a stack of healing roots and enchantment stones, i store all my medals elsewhere. The totals of silvers, golds, and sapphires in those locations has not changed.

Edited by Neobahamut-DN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@EMPulse Hello, longtime fan of Aion here.

Aion Classic can be significantly improved by a single change which will grow the playerbase, improve NCSoft's reputation and make them more money.

Change - Ban bots OR increase drops for instanced content (dungeons), participating in sieges and reward players for actually playing the game.

  • This change alone will see a massive increase in the satisfaction of players and their willingness to spend time playing the game. Right now, the incentive to grind is so low because Aion does not value player's time. Players are either buying gold from third party websites or playing 12+ hours a day to try to sustain themselves until they burn out and quit. The game is dying and the fix is simple. This is the most important change that NCSoft can make.

 

Yes, manastones and enchantment stones are a problem. But it is made MUCH worse by the fact that we cannot go out into the world and farm the materials or kinah we need to try again when we fail.

It's sad that we have so many passionate players that clearly enjoy playing a game that was created over a decade ago, but we are almost being PUSHED to quit. The level of effort here is so small to implement a fix that would bring so much joy to a passionate fanbase but NCSoft has been unwilling to respond on the issue.

 

I will be quitting Aion today, I hope all of you who continue to play get the changes you deserve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2022 at 8:35 PM, 5s445EF-DN said:

@EMPulse Hello, longtime fan of Aion here.

Aion Classic can be significantly improved by a single change which will grow the playerbase, improve NCSoft's reputation and make them more money.

Change - Ban bots OR increase drops for instanced content (dungeons), participating in sieges and reward players for actually playing the game.

  • This change alone will see a massive increase in the satisfaction of players and their willingness to spend time playing the game. Right now, the incentive to grind is so low because Aion does not value player's time. Players are either buying gold from third party websites or playing 12+ hours a day to try to sustain themselves until they burn out and quit. The game is dying and the fix is simple. This is the most important change that NCSoft can make.

 

Yes, manastones and enchantment stones are a problem. But it is made MUCH worse by the fact that we cannot go out into the world and farm the materials or kinah we need to try again when we fail.

It's sad that we have so many passionate players that clearly enjoy playing a game that was created over a decade ago, but we are almost being PUSHED to quit. The level of effort here is so small to implement a fix that would bring so much joy to a passionate fanbase but NCSoft has been unwilling to respond on the issue.

 

I will be quitting Aion today, I hope all of you who continue to play get the changes you deserve.

@EMPulse

On 7/14/2022 at 8:35 PM, 5s445EF-DN said:

@EMPulse Hello, longtime fan of Aion here.

Aion Classic can be significantly improved by a single change which will grow the playerbase, improve NCSoft's reputation and make them more money.

Change - Ban bots OR increase drops for instanced content (dungeons), participating in sieges and reward players for actually playing the game.

  • This change alone will see a massive increase in the satisfaction of players and their willingness to spend time playing the game. Right now, the incentive to grind is so low because Aion does not value player's time. Players are either buying gold from third party websites or playing 12+ hours a day to try to sustain themselves until they burn out and quit. The game is dying and the fix is simple. This is the most important change that NCSoft can make.

 

Yes, manastones and enchantment stones are a problem. But it is made MUCH worse by the fact that we cannot go out into the world and farm the materials or kinah we need to try again when we fail.

It's sad that we have so many passionate players that clearly enjoy playing a game that was created over a decade ago, but we are almost being PUSHED to quit. The level of effort here is so small to implement a fix that would bring so much joy to a passionate fanbase but NCSoft has been unwilling to respond on the issue.

 

I will be quitting Aion today, I hope all of you who continue to play get the changes you deserve.

@EMPulseJust respond to any requests. Make people feel like you exist and aren't  just a bot yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...