Weekly Server Maintenance - July 20, 2022 [Aion]

EMpulse

• Aion Team

Hello, Daevas!!

Here are tomorrow's maintenance notes for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and will conclude after approximately 3.5  hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Summer Vacation Galore Item Deletion
    • Summer Ice Cube LV1-7
    • [Event] Red Beans
    • [Event] Syrup
    • [Event] Ice
    • [Event] Patbingsu
  • Shugo Ranger Bonus Entry Ticket will be delivered via Survey

Thank you!

UPDATE:

Known Issues for Update 8.3 - 7.13.2022

• FIXED: Abyssal splinter is now properly awarding Abyssal Fragments.
  • FIXED: Prestige Pass is now correctly awarding coins and cases for remaining logged in.
  • FIXED: Auto-Hunting is now re-enabled in several zones.

Compensation will be delivered via Survey

• Abyssal Splinter: 175 Abyssal Fragments to all 80+ players.
  • Prestige Pass: 630 coins and 7 cases to players with active prestige pass.
  • Auto-Hunting: 10 EXP Marks to all 80+ players.

2 hours ago, EMPulse said:

Hola Daevas!!

Aquí están las notas de mantenimiento de mañana para Aion. El tiempo de inactividad comenzará a las 6 a. m. hora del servidor (4 a. m. PT / 7 a. m. ET / 12 p. m. UTC) y concluirá después de aproximadamente 3,5 horas.

Los siguientes cambios llegarán al juego durante este mantenimiento:

• Eliminación de artículos en abundancia de vacaciones de verano
    • Cubo de hielo de verano LV1-7
    • [Evento] Frijoles rojos
    • [Evento] Jarabe
    • [Evento] Hielo
    • [Evento] Patbingsu
  • El boleto de entrada de bonificación de Shugo Ranger se entregará a través de una encuesta

¡Gracias!

Hello, I suppose that by being aware of the errors (as they have already published in another forum) they are going to solve it in the maintenance, right? because if they don't fix Abyssal at least. It will be withering for the serve let's say something like 0 people OFF

One week with nothing to do because of the bugs:
- no hidden mobs;
- fortress gates buffed = broken sieges;
- no rewards from shatered abyssal splinter;
- no auto-hunting in Kaldor.
- no 20 event coins daily.
All of this and we will get a Shugo Ranger Bonus Entry Ticket!!!

clapping-clapping-hands.gif

Hey staff!
Wake up! You are loosing players from both Aions (retail and classic) to an private aion (Aion America).
d6xhkd5-a1bcbcd4-7ebc-4621-a6e7-52b4aa65

1 hour ago, ErzaScarletxFT said:

Doubt they read it.

31 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

Why would anyone care for a ticket to that instance? The rewards are usually potions!

Could have been a great one with coins dropping from it everyone would rush back to catch up on that crit damage collections and guess what, if they were putting reset scrolls in the shop they would have made so much more money. It is like selling on lamborginini (300k) or 200 Yaris (25k each) simple math.

6 hours ago, MarcoTank-KT said:

- no hidden mobs;

Read the patch notes. Oh wait nvm, find the patch notes from EU or Korea instead. this is as expected.

Edited by Malloc-KT

42 minutes ago, Malloc-KT said:

Could have been a great one with coins dropping from it everyone would rush back to catch up on that crit damage collections and guess what, if they were putting reset scrolls in the shop they would have made so much more money. It is like selling on lamborginini (300k) or 200 Yaris (25k each) simple math.

Of course it would, but the shugo ranger event is irrelevant to the coins for transformations. That 1 entry scroll they are giving is probably the most useless "reward" they could come up with.

49 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

the shugo ranger event is irrelevant to the coins for transformations.

Almost irrelevant given it has a chance to drop a bag of coins. They could have made that a guaranteed drop instead of RNG. The event value would have gone form 0 to 100 in terms of value.

Edited by Malloc-KT

22 minutes ago, Baby-KT said:

히든 몬스터는 버그가 아니라, 이번패치부터 사라진다.

Nothing in the patch notes tho, also it makes no sense to remove them since the manastones are still as relevant as ever, unless its another measure to drive up artificial scarcity so they can sell us stuff later like they have made this game all about last 4-5 years at the detriment of player count.

17 minutes ago, Viseris-KT said:

Nothing in the patch notes tho, also it makes no sense to remove them since the manastones are still as relevant as ever, unless its another measure to drive up artificial scarcity so they can sell us stuff later like they have made this game all about last 4-5 years at the detriment of player count.

CMIIW, hidden mob are part of windstream quest, and this is from the patch note:

"Deleted the Windstream quest. Due to the deletion of the Windstream Quest, the monsters related to the quest have been removed. "

Yes, it suck. This patch is so uglyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

25 minutes ago, Viseris-KT said:

unknown.png?width=737&height=191

Unfortunately

Edited by Malloc-KT

6 minutes ago, Malloc-KT said:

unknown.png?width=737&height=191

Unfortunately

How are they related, just because the quest uses them to complete a part of itself doesn't mean they are solely there because of it, if anything quest mobs usually have no loot, the quests also asks you to kill Small and Big game mobs, these are still there, it asks you to kill mobs in silentera/inggison, those are there. Its just one stupid decision after another. They also removed the secret rifts in gelk for no reason what so ever last update, but the Dark Coliseum quest that asks you to enter them is still there.

2 hours ago, Malloc-KT said:

Almost irrelevant given it has a chance to drop a bag of coins. They could have made that a guaranteed drop instead of RNG. The event value would have gone form 0 to 100 in terms of value.

I just went back to read the possible rewards and I realized that there is a chance to get a coin box! I run it every day on my main out of pure boredom and I mostly get useless [Event] Potions, not even the refining stones. The chance to get that box must be near 0.0001% or something.

But the coin event is already tackled by the fact we do not even get the daily coins we were supposed to, I do not even get the 5x BCM per day myself. I might regret it but I am not hoping to get anything from this event. The chances are so low that it looks like a BCM sale money grab for rich-stupid players (if there is anyone left that still spends a lot on BCM)

11 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

I just went back to read the possible rewards and I realized that there is a chance to get a coin box! I run it every day on my main out of pure boredom and I mostly get useless [Event] Potions, not even the refining stones. The chance to get that box must be near 0.0001% or something.

But the coin event is already tackled by the fact we do not even get the daily coins we were supposed to, I do not even get the 5x BCM per day myself. I might regret it but I am not hoping to get anything from this event. The chances are so low that it looks like a BCM sale money grab for rich-stupid players (if there is anyone left that still spends a lot on BCM)

Its not so uncommon, i think Tablets are way more rare, i do like 3 chars and in 1 week have gotten maybe 6-7 coin boxes, with usually 7 coins, once i got 10, and once i got 50.

1 hour ago, Viseris-KT said:

Its not so uncommon, i think Tablets are way more rare, i do like 3 chars and in 1 week have gotten maybe 6-7 coin boxes, with usually 7 coins, once i got 10, and once i got 50.

Lol I constantly get potions... my luck is near zero I guess. But in any case the coins are not account wh storable as I saw, so if one char gets some and another gets some they are useless unless one char can accumulate a lot to buy something useful.

• Daeva

Main post was missing the following content:

Known Issues for Update 8.3 - 7.13.2022

• FIXED: Abyssal splinter is now properly awarding Abyssal Fragments.
  • FIXED: Prestige Pass is now correctly awarding coins and cases for remaining logged in.
  • FIXED: Auto-Hunting is now re-enabled in several zones.

• Abyssal Splinter: 175 Abyssal Fragments to all 80+ players.
  • Auto-Hunting: 10 EXP Marks to all 80+ players.

Also additionally:

• We'll add a temporary fix to the siege HPs this week, and hopefully receive a permanent fix next week.
  • I've inquired with dev about the hidden mobs, but have no solutions yet.

58 minutes ago, Loki said:

@Loki thanks for the update

is the above coming in a second survey? wasn't included with the splinter frags/xp marks rewards?

Auto-hunt still not working in SC or Aspa, is this intended or will it get fixed at some point in the future?

44 minutes ago, Shiftie-DN said:

@Loki thanks for the update

is the above coming in a second survey? wasn't included with the splinter frags/xp marks rewards?

Auto-hunt still not working in SC or Aspa, is this intended or will it get fixed at some point in the future?

Apsaranta doesn't have autohunt, it should work in all other maps.

14 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

Apsaranta doesn't have autohunt, it should work in all other maps.

Aspa auto-hunt was enabled a month or 2 ago, SC has been auto-huntable for quite some time as well, neither currently work

ok, so aspa autohunt was just for an event....