Gladriel-KT

Kinah Conspiracy?

As I walked around Pandemonium today, I saw a group of people standing around as I was about to head to Norsvold and PvP. A couple of these people had similar names and they were all soldier rank, but what got me to stop was that I noticed they were all from the same legion (D O M I N U S) and they were all Sorcerers surrounding a Kinah Bot that was stationed in Pandemonium. So I decided to sit and watch these guys... they were all stationary and not moving, but after I sat there for several minutes I noticed a couple of them log off, then for each person who logged off another person from the same legion, also a sorcerer, came running to that spot. Within 4-5 minutes they eventually all logged off probably noticing that I was watching them. This makes me believe that these guys are one person who has a network of characters for holding Kinah to sell to players for real life money. I figure I might as well help spread the word that this is happening to hopefully shed some light and get these Kinah Spammers off our servers.Here are the two pictures I captured while watching these guys. https://imgur.com/PrpMams https://imgur.com/l531WYP

Good eye. Have you sent this to support as well?

Sad thing is, these types of networks aren't new; they've been around since launch but most are smart enough to cover their tracks and do their activities in a more "private" setting. And they'll continue to pop up so long as there are buyers.

The sacrificial accounts are the ones with gibberish names that openly bot and advertise in LFG. The ones that you need to be concerned about are the ones with legions, that try to integrate with others, and otherwise disguise their activities by acting normal.

I remember encountering one such case as far back as 2010. A friend had started a legion and was trying to get people interested in joining, and he found a sorcerer that was open to playing with us. We didn't notice anything amiss at first since our playtime was limited to the evenings after work, but on weekends, we noticed the sorcerer was always on, and never spoke in the morning to afternoon hours. We always figured he was just AFK and left his character on. In the evenings, he was as friendly as can be, joining us for Steel Rake runs, going on smoking breaks, pausing for mana, all very normal activities. He would ask questions and talk about strategies for leveling/killing things. One day, I took some time off work for a personal matter and decided to kill some time on Aion in the morning. I had a quest in Theobomos which led me to some obscure part of the map, and surprise surprise, I found the sorcerer there by his lonesome self, killing things. I greeted him, ran circles around his character, used emotes, etc. No response from the sorcerer. He just followed his loop of killing mobs as they spawned, resting when mana was low, and using bandages/herb treatment to heal damage. It was disappointing to know that someone we trusted would do such a thing.

*TLDR: Be mindful of who you trust in the game. Even people that seem legitimate may have skeletons hidden in their closet.

Hope I didn't derail your thread too much, just felt like sharing. :$

@Forgotten-DN Nah it's fine and I know it's not a new subject matter... which is why I didn't bother sending it to support. I figure I would try and start a thread to maybe get talking about the subject. When people don't spend money on the Aion Site, the game dies.... Why? Because the game loses money that they could be using for Advertising or Possibly even making the game better by keeping people employed at NcSoft... Personally I want this desperately taken care of, but I never see a mod or admin or anything in game to talk too in order to keep things in order and have people banned immediately as it happens... and when you send a ticket in to NcSoft, it usually doesn't get dealt with unless it's about having an item replaced. I also see so many warnings given out to people, but yet nothing else happens even if stuff continues.. If we can keep the money on the NcSoft side and not being given to outside sources, then we can hopefully get the game started off again... because at this point, it's gonna die and it's gonna die quick. I know there is a lot of people wanting to continue playing this game as it updates and if we can get someone on that can ban these people or watch these guys or do something, then people will hopefully start coming back because it won't be as pay to win. People hate the fact that they can't gear fast enough or anything else because there is so many P2W players that just curb stomp them all the time, ruining the fun in the game and keeping things unbalanced. There's a lot that can be said, but not much is getting done and I am sure people want a change.

Ursa-KT   

If people would report everyone for seeing bunch of alts from same legion standing together, then there would be probably no one left in this game at this point.

The only thing you can do is report to support and gather as much evidence as possible.
I know a fair deal of people who like having a whole lot of similar alts in an alt legion (for RP, for legit farming, or just cuz they like making clone armies).
Not all do it for malicious purposes. I have to say one of the 'people' in the pictures you showed, I saw them spout some hateful / homophobic stuff in LFG.
I'm not sure I made a screenshot but that would be another way to get them banned eventually.

Some bots are 'dera frends', others are cancerous - make use of the reports wisely cuz sadly they're still limited ingame.

I have a ton of alts so I made a legion to trade stuff in between through the legion warehouse; crafting mats and stuff. I just can't stand an empty character slot and I wanted to give all the classes a try too. Toxic is just neurotic ol' me, not a bot legion!