Aion running = blocks regular PC screenshots?

Alyta-DN

Something that I've noticed lately is whenever I try to take normal screenshots on my PC with the Print Screen button, while the Aion client is running, when I go to paste, it doesn't work. (The screenshot button captures whatever game stuff into the game folder just fine). 
When I have other windows open while Aion is running or minimized and I want to take a screenshot of something I'm working on and paste it into an email, or into discord, etc, it doesn't work. If I close Aion, everything works normally again.
I can't play the game and do work on my computer anymore the way I use to. 

Does anyone else have this issue or know what I can do to get Aion to stop blocking my screen captures? 

No, I do not want to use snip tool, etc. I want to take a full screen capture with the press of one button like I've been doing for decades. 

Edited by Alyta-DN
typo

PrtScn button does not work for me either while Aion is running, I run window mode. Whether Aion is in front or in the background the PrtScn button doesn't work, it doesn't make a screenshot in my aion screenshot folders nor does it take a copy in memory so I can paste it on photoshop or something.

I have made a post myself some time ago but nothing was mentioned by anyone else

https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/10596-when-aion-runs-printscreen-doesnt-work/#comment-107746

In that post I thought the screenshot was being saved, the client does give the message "screenshot was saved" etc, but the aion folder that has the screenshots doesn't take any.

Now I have to use GeForce Experience Ctrl+F1 to take a snapshot.

Edited by Arhangelos

7 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

PrtScn button does not work for me either while Aion is running, I run window mode. Whether Aion is in front or in the background the PrtScn button doesn't work, it doesn't make a screenshot in my aion screenshot folders nor does it take a copy in memory so I can paste it on photoshop or something.

I have made a post myself some time ago but nothing was mentioned by anyone else

https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/10596-when-aion-runs-printscreen-doesnt-work/#comment-107746

In that post I thought the screenshot was being saved, the client does give the message "screenshot was saved" etc, but the aion folder that has the screenshots doesn't take any.

Now I have to use GeForce Experience Ctrl+F1 to take a snapshot.

Where is your game installed, if its in C drive, the same one as your Windows, then there might be some permission issues. If thats the case, in game options -> recording try changing the screenshot folder to another drive and see if that works. 

@Alyta-DN The game is probably disabling the windows function of that button when its on to avoid some conflicts, Windows has other ways to take screenshots, you can try the Snipping tool, WIN KEY + Shift + S and click full screen snip and paste into paint or where needed, it has another tool the game bar but its a bit more complicated, WIN KEY + Alt + Prt Scn, will save a screenshot into the game bar, WIN KEY + G to open that.

Edited by Viseris-KT

On 8/14/2022 at 5:47 AM, Viseris-KT said:

Where is your game installed, if its in C drive, the same one as your Windows, then there might be some permission issues. If thats the case, in game options -> recording try changing the screenshot folder to another drive and see if that works. 

@Alyta-DN The game is probably disabling the windows function of that button when its on to avoid some conflicts, Windows has other ways to take screenshots, you can try the Snipping tool, WIN KEY + Shift + S and click full screen snip and paste into paint or where needed, it has another tool the game bar but its a bit more complicated, WIN KEY + Alt + Prt Scn, will save a screenshot into the game bar, WIN KEY + G to open that.

I changed the path to D:\Back Up\Aion Screenshots and it accepted the path but when i hit the printscreen it still gave me the message that it got saved to the C:/ folder again (the default) and when i went there I saw the screenshot. So something is broken, now it takes the screenshot but not on the path i gave it to. I'll leave it like this.

My screenshots save into my folder just fine. I've never had an issue with that yet, other than the one time it was over full. Fact: after your folder has 9999 screenshots, it will still make the noise but it never saves because it's run out of numbers.
I run windowed mode as well, ever since I started playing Aion many years ago. 
I just want to press the prt scr button again and let it function as normal. It blocks anything from getting put to the pasteboard.
Even when I tab out and try to do screenshots for work, Aion disables it, which is my main frustration. 
I don't want to run other programs or try have to click a bunch of stuff just to have a screenshot. I had no choice but to use the snip tool recently, and trying to take the capture on an item's tool tip in Aion took wayyyy too many tries. That stuff is complicated to open and slow.

55 minutes ago, Alyta-DN said:

I just want to press the prt scr button again and let it function as normal. It blocks anything from getting put to the pasteboard.
Even when I tab out and try to do screenshots for work, Aion disables it, which is my main frustration. 

Exactly, they also some times bring other keys lag, like you write as if there is some ram shortage or writing 1 letter per second only. They did something in 8.3 that really fks with the operating system. I hope it is not something done intentionally again to fight bots and screw actual players because I do not see how disabling PrtScn would help them in any way.