Jump to content
Forums

Lack of Gold Medals


Edict
 Share

Recommended Posts

Can you add a way so it's easy for us to get gold medals for 50e? This is supposed to be a starter's set and there are almost no gold medals on the broker. It's far easier to get sapphire medals for 55e, but the abyss points required is too insane for a starting character to get in a reasonable time.

Can you consider these changes:

  • For every fortress captured, add a repeatable daily quest that rewards 3 gold medals and 5 gold medals for every 7 completions
  • Make it possible to convert an unboxed sapphire medal into a bundle containing 3 gold medals
  • Make it possible to convert a boxed sapphire medal into a bundle containing 3 gold medals
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I figured I'd reiterate somethings. The level cap is level 55 now and you would expect that someone would be able to get something decent with some effort from the last patch, but gold medals are barely attainable, less attainable than sapphire medals. I'd like to actually play the game on some of my new characters and not afk all day on them. 40e and 30e also have the same problem, but those sets don't provide anything useful in level 55 combat, therefore the set to start at is 50e.

Edited by Edict
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2022 at 9:28 AM, Edict said:

I figured I'd reiterate somethings. The level cap is level 55 now and you would expect that someone would be able to get something decent with some effort from the last patch, but gold medals are barely attainable, less attainable than sapphire medals. I'd like to actually play the game on some of my new characters and not afk all day on them. 40e and 30e also have the same problem, but those sets don't provide anything useful in level 55 combat, therefore the set to start at is 50e.

One thing that may help is attempting to do Tiak 3 gold medal quest on all of your toons and feed. One downfall to power leveling to 55 is you (among others) skipped the entry level gear of 30e/40e. I have 40e on an alt and he does rather well, I even use 40e on my main as a separate set from 50e. Downside to leveling too fast is you miss that gear progression which is fine in PvE because you can buy loot rights or have teams carry you through gearing, can't do that in pvp.

50e is also not the starter set, it's just the set you want to start with. There's many variations of 50 non elite gear, you just have to work through getting it at this rate but the gold/silver medal circulation is definitely down. Maybe try going to lower fort siege and see what medals drop there too.

Also @Crush50e what a noob set :P you should have 10 sets of 55e by now, shame.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ontwo said:

One downfall to power leveling to 55 is you (among others) skipped the entry level gear of 30e/40e. I have 40e on an alt and he does rather well, I even use 40e on my main as a separate set from 50e. Downside to leveling too fast is you miss that gear progression which is fine in PvE because you can buy loot rights or have teams carry you through gearing, can't do that in pvp.

 @Crush

Couldn't remove Crush's mention on mobile edit lol. They certainly need to improve the mobile version of the forums.

Now back on topic. By PVP gear progression you mean grind lvl 40 fort guards until your fingers hurt? Because rifting is dead. Even if you kill bots you wont make enough AP to buy the 40e gear since they nerfed the AP you get when killing players on their home maps.

I'd rather get shit on at lvl 55 tbh. Grinding guards endlessly is as much fun as getting rekt by full geared players.

Now if there is another way to get some good gear going at low levels, please let us know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Conman said:

Couldn't remove Crush's mention on mobile edit lol. They certainly need to improve the mobile version of the forums.

Now back on topic. By PVP gear progression you mean grind lvl 40 fort guards until your fingers hurt? Because rifting is dead. Even if you kill bots you wont make enough AP to buy the 40e gear since they nerfed the AP you get when killing players on their home maps.

I'd rather get shit on at lvl 55 tbh. Grinding guards endlessly is as much fun as getting rekt by full geared players.

Now if there is another way to get some good gear going at low levels, please let us know.

I grinded out a few pieces of 40e in a weekend and it wasn't fun at all so I get the point trust me. However, that was in 1.5 without double AP so if somebody wants that 40e it's easily obtainable, but as they Edict said it's the medals issue which NC created by removing playability from 1-50.

As I mentioned above, you can't skip to the end game and get carried into pvp gear. It's a fault of the system yes but also as a first set going for 50e or 55e well that's a grind and there are better options to get gear in the interim such as non elite gear if you have absolutely nothing and cannot gear your own character. He just wants one of the best two sets to currently get 50e which everybody still wears, I'm still in it. 

I'd offer to sell him some of the golds I have stacked but I think he's opposite faction (I hope) and well as previously mentioned there's a reason I hope he's opposite faction so I wouldn't offload them anyways, I'll hang on to them for an alt. I like the idea of converting sapphires down to golds/silvers though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

It would be pretty neat to be able to convert down. O~O Especially since unless we do lower Abyss forts, Tiak, or the tokens, there doesn't seem to be any solid way to get them. Even Tiak is iffy at best, Slime might not even spawn and if you're on the losing side your chances of getting the kill for it are kind of ehhh. Do UA fort dungeons still drop them or do they drop Sapphires now? I haven't been lucky enough to get more than one or 2 groups for that since 2.0 started and I can't recall what medals (if any) they dropped. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, The Secret Cow Level said:

Fabled 30ne gear does not require medals, that is the starter set

Even with 30e set, even if it's +10/+15, you will get deleted though... Let alone 30ne... But yes, 30e or 30ne are the only viable starter sets for new players, sadly. Unless you whale it out and honestly, not worth it lol.

The bare minimum is 40e +10/+12 if you want to have a CHANCE (does not mean at all that you will win) at endgame pvp, a Tacs weapon +10 with a PVP combine, and well, 30 accs that you will slowly replace by 55 accs. Even with 40e you will be far behind nowadays, and as a NEW player that doesnt P2W that would take most likely more than 2 months for 40e, 30e pvp combine weapon, and 30 accs since that's around 1.5m AP.

On top of that the Silver Medals on the Elyos side are at the same price as golds at 500k each minimum, going all the way up to 800k. That's around 75m kinah to buy all medals for a full 40e set. Cool stuff for new players to prepare!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...