Answers to the questions of Korean players.

Aroch-DN

3 hours ago, Raefu-DN said:

Or, you know, because someone soloing UA and collecting AP which is not identifiable by the naked eye is a lot harder to catch than someone gaining 63,747,925,598 exp in 24 hours (This is the actual exp needed from 66-75)

I have a question - Do you think they randomly banned level 75's? My answer is No they would of checked logs first.

Fallen poeta Log

Enters instance

12:03:23 - Xp gained 2,090,090,098

12:04:32 - Xp gained 2,090,090,098

Leaves instance

Krotan instance

Enters instance

01:02:22 - Statue killed gained 7500 Abyss points

01:03:04 - Statue Killed gained 7500 Abyss points

01:03:59 - Abyss box opened Acquired X box

01:04:40 - Statue Killed Gained 7500 Abyss points.

Leaves Instance

6 man Krotan Instance run

Enters Instance

01:02:22 - Krotan Armory Key has been acquired

01:04:34 - Statue Killed gained 7500 Abyss points

01:08:59 - Abyss box opened Acquired X box

01:14:40 - Statue Killed Gained 7500 Abyss points.

01:20:40 - Treasure Key has been looted

01:20:40 - Golden Treasure Key has been looted

Leaves instance

This is what the logs would look like. As an instance goes on more fluff would show up on the group log due to them killing trash mobs however on the Solo log it would show very few things dying no keys obtained to open the doors either.

I am someone who has cheated once in Aion what i did was msg one of the CC hackers asking them to give me an awesome deal on shugo vault keys. I had friends who also bought from the CC hackers via trading and via Private shop but only i was banned. Why was this? NCsupport got back to me after a week and said it was because the LOGS shown that i was talking to the CC hackers. I was i spamming I KNOW YOUR CC HACKERS GIVE ME 4000 KEYS AT 200K EA YOU FILTHY SCUMBAG. Something along those lines anyways.

4 hours ago, Raefu-DN said:

Or, you know, because someone soloing UA and collecting AP which is not identifiable by the naked eye is a lot harder to catch than someone gaining 63,747,925,598 exp in 24 hours (This is the actual exp needed from 66-75)

You need 372 680 595 398 exp actually on road from 66 to 75.

1. Character progress

Questions:

1. I want the progress of the character to be faster and more fun, and not last forever!
2. Make places where you can play alone or as part of a group, without invading enemies.
3. Do something with missions, so that they are more convenient to perform and that they are part of progress of the character.

Answer:

Down with dull progress! We are working to ensure that the process of character growth is easier and fun, through whatever stage of the content it passes.

Beside make less exp require to level,it seems base camps in illume/nosvold that introduced in 5.8 failed,it's not exactly copied of 4.0 since there's no safe zone and no teleporter and we can barely run around since everywhere got mobs.I really don't mind if we sink cygnea again and reintroduce sarpan and Tiamaranta again why make new maps when u got old one ? Nothing I would miss from cygnea anyway.Tiamaranta's eye in korea event seems it's a test if they want to bring Sarpan/Tiamat back.

Do pvp in Tiamaranta eye and illume different ?  Both I would say mainly they both zerg just in Tiamat there's no magic well.

2. Skills

Questions:

1. Balance the skills of each class.
2. The skills panel needs to be expanded, very often there is not enough space.
3. Add slots for stigmas without restrictions on their installation.

Answer:

Let's breathe new life into the battles! We seriously review the skills of each class and balance them, making numerous changes.

Back to 3.0 stigma 12 slots x_x

Do I hate it ? Acutally no the build will be vary and since we got custom chain I got a lot of free space in my skillbar sometimes on my chanter I wish I could have MC with Blessing of Stone and Healing Burst together and have Wol but right now I can't,it would be totally awesome if we freely choosing vision skill by our own.Abit of wish I wish gunner charging cannon would be affected by cast time and add cast time cannon would u awesome.I don't mind if they nerf abit dmg of cannon as long as I can cast it faster and maybe auto cast.

4. Items

Questions:

1. It is very difficult and costly to upgrade items at the current high level of amplification.
2. I hope I can more often get rare items in the open world.
3. It is very inconvenient to have a large number of items in the inventory.

Answer:

With inventory, we also understand! We will make a greater variety of items in the game, as well as adjust their interchangeability and sharing.

They might reduce crafting items or maybe crafting items inventory seprate from main inventory.

Anyway it's just my purely speculation and shouldn't take as a serious plan for aion 6.0 or whatever :)

4 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

Abit of wish I wish gunner charging cannon would be affected by cast time and add cast time cannon would u awesome.I don't mind if they nerf abit dmg of cannon as long as I can cast it faster and maybe auto cast.

Gunner's charge time based by atk. speed, and is MUCH better than when it's was based by cast time.

12 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I have a question - Do you think they randomly banned level 75's? My answer is No they would of checked logs first.

I know they check logs first- my point was at how someone hacking barracks would more likely have to be reported for it by someone who *knows* their doing it, or even suspects it, rather than the guy who hit 75 in 24 hours wearing the level 55 hand out gear where the entire server can tell.

11 hours ago, Aroch-DN said:

You need 372 680 595 398 exp actually on road from 66 to 75.

No idea how I ended up with my number, recalc'd and yea, it's 300b+ 

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/XP_Requirements

1 hour ago, Raefu-DN said:

I know they check logs first- my point was at how someone hacking barracks would more likely have to be reported for it by someone who *knows* their doing it, or even suspects it, rather than the guy who hit 75 in 24 hours wearing the level 55 hand out gear where the entire server can tell.

Its very hard to explain with out getting the thread shut down for calling people out. There is just no way to make you really understand how easy it was to catch someone doing it. In-fact you could tell just by watching the daily GP gain.

Every second day the cheaters who had 2 or 3 fortresses were jumping was the daily GP turn in limit above the other people on the ranking.  Why? Because you simply could not make enough AP every day to do Max turn ins every day.

Just out of Curiosity how many level 75's did you see running around in the free 55 hand out gear that you reported. I do not know anyone who reported anyone because everyone i know believes NCwest will not take action. We were proven wrong in this case they did take action on the FP people.

I only ask this tho because we reported an EX guild member who we know was doing solo uppers and my guild had 42 active members we all reported him and nothing happened. This means they did not check the logs. How do i know he was cheating tho? I met up with him in Ark: Survival Evolved and he admitted to me that he was cheating in Aion to gain AP/GP through this method. Also its pretty obvious when your guild asks wanna do upper forts and he says no then 2 minutes later he enters the instance and finishes before you.

All this leads towards me thinking that they only ban people if it can potentially cost them money like i was getting at in my original post. Where as people glitching Upper forts can only make them money because it pushed the higher ranks to spend more to keep rank. Hence why i said that the company was shady in this regards. Anyways this is the last thing i am saying on this topic because i feel like i am just dragging the thread of course.

48 minutes ago, KallSu-KT said:

It's not photoshopped and it's not my toon or one of my friends, I swear. Funny thing, he was really playing like someone who was testing skills and weapons.

If is not you or any of your Friends how could you say something like this??

1 hour ago, KallSu-KT said:

Anyway, NCSoft already started to gather intel and advices by themselves.

10 minutes ago I've seen Gideon "Swiftpocket" playing in front of me.

35 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Going for State the Obvious here:

That's Guild Wars 2, and that is not Gideon's character. :|

Busted!!! -_--_-

20 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

If is not you or any of your Friends how could you say something like this??

Busted!!! -_--_-

Guys guys... becaaause, I was in front of him. I've simply cut the bottom part, where it was my toon. (You can't take a capture of yourself from that distance. But ok, my fault, you couldn't know it).

gw001.jpg

You know it's not funny when you explain things too long...

Anyway yes, that's GW2 and I have no idea who was that guy. Just someone who called himself like our prod. The swiftpocket.

Thanks for the translation @Aroch-DN

I really do hope that they turn the 'we're working on it' in something real (and not too far away in future for NA players too).
We definitely need leveling that makes sense. Storywise, progress-wise and and shortly something that doesn't feel completely redundant.

And we really need a good balancing of maps, some PvE only maps is fine, definitely for leveling up and to locate PvE instances at.
(Hopefully I'm not alone on this but it's quite ridiculous to place a lowbie PvE instance in a high-level PvP area).
I do like the concept of Sarpan/Tia in a new map, with zones that are 'neutral' certain times for PvE progress but are otherwise the hotspot for PvP.
Not too big, so it's a great way to get people together on the map, with something rewarding that they can fight for.

Regarding the skills, they definitely could use some work. One way to balance the classes more aside from the gear and stats. Also, it's kinda ridiculous how certain classes barely have enough space to fit their skills on the avaiable bars, and others have space plenty. I don't mind that aion has a lot more skills than the regular mmorpg, but there's a point where it just becomes annoying and you need a lot of different set-ups for different situations.

On 19/11/2017 at 7:27 PM, Zelgadis-KT said:

Expanded skill panels? (Guessing they're referring to skill or hot bars.)

Here's a novel idea, instead of adding or expanding hot bars, how about just condensing or downright cutting back on combat skills just a tad?

I mean back when I played EQ2, when it first started, it was common to have upto 8 hotbars full of skills, and you needed to learn how and when to use each one.

That was back in 2004.

How about we turn away from that archaic type of gameplay and get with the times? More skills doesnt necessarily = more fun.

Not agree at all

On 19/11/2017 at 7:43 PM, Bryos-KT said:

Here is an even better idea. Just give us more skillbars. Each class is unique, with different abilities, which allows classes to have a great potential. Less skills doesnt necessarily make it more fun or more modern either. I would not mind another skill revamp like what we had in 4.8, but currently I find it fairly well distributed. They just need to adapt and update certain current skills for certain classes.

Now class difficulty and balance, that is another topic entirely. I really cannot wait for the nerf-hammer to hit SWs really hard on the face. :P

Agree with this. 

Actually in the last years they simplified so much the skills. Now people do not even need to learn how to play. Do you remember how many mantras a chanter used to have? They really need to learn about them and pick the right ones for each situation. Now you can go with the same ones all the time. 

And sometimes feels good to have those simplified skills when you are a veteran player and you had to do so much effort to play with all those skills and few slots on your bars. Choosing wich ones wont be there and why. But when the game becomes too easy a lot of new players do not even learn how to play and they pretend to have everything for free in just 2 or 3 weeks and we have to see clerics that never use a dispel, DPS that do not know they have some CCs, Rangers that never learned about the traps, SM that can not use a fear properly, SM that can not take a supportive role if needed. 

Was harder for us, but was better. We had to learn how to play at lvl 30 just to start with Fire Temple, Indratu, and some campaings. 

Aah, the old mantras for chanters... I remember when they had to choose between Crit or MB, according to how many rangers/sins or sorcs they had in group.

But imo people don't learn how to play, not because there are too "few" skills, but simply because we now level up doing luna/FoO, and a lot of shitty solo instances even without using our class skills. I see often groups in LFG looking for the third cleric to complete an Adma. It's not that clerics forgot how to heal because NCsoft removed the summer circle or that they forgot to buff because NCsoft merged the old 2 buffs into 1. If you never play in group until level 66, you'll learn way too late how to play your class in group. The important is to enchant your gear and paste your stats in chat. Who cares if you have no idea how to play.

I saw that they'll introduce 2 new stigma slots on top of our 7 (if we enchant them). So for the near future I don't think they'll simplify them. But from the Korean Q&A, it seems they'll do it in the long future.

5 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

If you never play in group until level 66, you'll learn way too late how to play your class in group.

I think many people WANT to play in groups before then, but the opportunity just doesn't appear because 1) we can go from level 1 - 66 in a weekend and 2) because of number 1, it's too hard to form a group instance. I actually remember a few months ago on one of my alts, I was trying to form a Rentus Base group, and my toon was like level 63 or something. In the time that it took to actually form the full group, I got to level 65 just doing campaign quests. So yeah, it's a problem, depending on your class. If you're a gunner or something, then it doesn't really matter. However, there are clerics out there who have never hit the dispel button and songweavers who don't understand they need to be watching the cleric's MP, not just their own. *shrug*

On 11/29/2017 at 11:40 AM, Azzmaria-KT said:

Not agree at all

Agree with this. 

Actually in the last years they simplified so much the skills. Now people do not even need to learn how to play. Do you remember how many mantras a chanter used to have? They really need to learn about them and pick the right ones for each situation. Now you can go with the same ones all the time. 

And sometimes feels good to have those simplified skills when you are a veteran player and you had to do so much effort to play with all those skills and few slots on your bars. Choosing wich ones wont be there and why. But when the game becomes too easy a lot of new players do not even learn how to play and they pretend to have everything for free in just 2 or 3 weeks and we have to see clerics that never use a dispel, DPS that do not know they have some CCs, Rangers that never learned about the traps, SM that can not use a fear properly, SM that can not take a supportive role if needed. 

Was harder for us, but was better. We had to learn how to play at lvl 30 just to start with Fire Temple, Indratu, and some campaings. 

Except that a heavily geared Sorc or SW can pretty much 100-0 you in 4 seconds flat using no more than 5 skills. Kinda defeats the purpose of having 40 skills spread over 5 hotbars no?

1 hour ago, Holo-KT said:

Except that a heavily geared Sorc or SW can pretty much 100-0 you in 4 seconds flat using no more than 5 skills. Kinda defeats the purpose of having 40 skills spread over 5 hotbars no?

Except that there are so many exceptions to what you just said, it's really meaningless. Or - even f I take you at your word- a "heavily geared" virtually any class class can kill anyone in a few hits- a sin, a glad, a ranger, etc.

Regarding the number of stigmas or skills-  having just the knowledge of a basic knowledge of a DPS rotation or stigma setup isn't sufficient for either of these classes, and I would add that there is no set PVP rotation  that fits all scenarios.

5 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

Except that there are so many exceptions to what you just said, it's really meaningless. Or - even f I take you at your word- a "heavily geared" virtually any class class can kill anyone in a few hits- a sin, a glad, a ranger, etc.

Regarding the number of stigmas or skills-  having just the knowledge of a basic knowledge of a DPS rotation or stigma setup isn't sufficient for either of these classes, and I would add that there is no set PVP rotation  that fits all scenarios.

What exactly is the point of your reply? Are you disputing the fact that a geared sorc can melt most players with a simple 5 skill rotation thereby nullifying the need to have 40 combat skills available? Is that what you're attempting to argue?

Explain something to me, if DPS classes in this game can effectively destroy their target with no more than a 5 skill rotation, then what exactly is the need for 50 combat arts over 6 hotbars? To justify the 200 bucks you spent on your new 32 button razor, then claim your "pwnage" was "all skill"? (Which is rendered obsolete anyways since most "pros" would just break down all 50 arts into just a handful of macros anyways. 

Seems like a lot of inefficient redundancy to me. But you're entitled to your opinion.

22 minutes ago, Holo-KT said:

What exactly is the point of your reply? Are you disputing the fact that a geared sorc can melt most players with a simple 5 skill rotation thereby nullifying the need to have 40 combat skills available? Is that what you're attempting to argue?

Explain something to me, if DPS classes in this game can effectively destroy their target with no more than a 5 skill rotation, then what exactly is the need for 50 combat arts over 6 hotbars? To justify the 200 bucks you spent on your new 32 button razor, then claim your "pwnage" was "all skill"? (Which is rendered obsolete anyways since most "pros" would just break down all 50 arts into just a handful of macros anyways. 

Seems like a lot of inefficient redundancy to me. But you're entitled to your opinion.

I am in fact disputing what you said- as it shows a  or small set of what can happen,and in fact doesn't represent what other classes can do.. It "can" happen, other classes can do it as well, in many situations it can't happen (i.e. 4 or 5 shots and the opponent is dead) .

So, given that your presumption is invalid, yes, we need more than 5 skills.  I'll agree that macros can be handy, that doesn't mean that the skills have to be merged together. 

I don't have 6 skill bars on any class than I play, but if you want only 5 skills, there are games out there that have it,  personally I don't want it in Aion. in addition, in reference to that mouse- instead of assuming that everyone spends money  to improve, perhaps think about the fact that some of us have been playing since beta, we don't necessarily  have to waste  hundreds of dollar on a mouse (lmao).

1 hour ago, Calista-DN said:

I am in fact disputing what you said- as it shows a  or small set of what can happen,and in fact doesn't represent what other classes can do.. It "can" happen, other classes can do it as well, in many situations it can't happen (i.e. 4 or 5 shots and the opponent is dead) .

So, given that your presumption is invalid, yes, we need more than 5 skills.  I'll agree that macros can be handy, that doesn't mean that the skills have to be merged together. 

I don't have 6 skill bars on any class than I play, but if you want only 5 skills, there are games out there that have it,  personally I don't want it in Aion. in addition, in reference to that mouse- instead of assuming that everyone spends money  to improve, perhaps think about the fact that some of us have been playing since beta, we don't necessarily  have to waste  hundreds of dollar on a mouse (lmao).

So be it, deny whatever you wish. Doesn't change the fact that sorcs, (and even SW's), can melt just about anything and anyone with no more than 5 skills; and that 50+ combat arts per class is redundant, inefficient and unnecessary.

Oh and as for your, "some of us have been playing since beta", comment...I've been here since CB 1. So spare me pretentious little put down attempt/e-peen wiggle, okay? 

59 minutes ago, Holo-KT said:

So be it, deny whatever you wish. Doesn't change the fact that sorcs, (and even SW's), can melt just about anything and anyone with no more than 5 skills; and that 50+ combat arts per class is redundant, inefficient and unnecessary.

Oh and as for your, "some of us have been playing since beta", comment...I've been here since CB 1. So spare me pretentious little put down attempt/e-peen wiggle, okay? 

Do you actually play still play? I doesn't seem that we're playing the same game, from what you're writing, but you don't seem open to any viewpoints, if you have actively PVP, it has changed since CB1, as have I, then you'd realize that in the current meta you're talking about a small sub-set of scenarios. In addition, chanter is far from being under-powered, although they do have a hard time against SW- you're talking about one of your hardest match ups. 

Archived